It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is going on in England???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It started of with them sky sounds but it was constant for like 7 minutes then rain that I have never seen before came pelting down with golf ball sized hail, I thought my windows were going to break. It flooded my street within minutes, I have videos of it all but its just took 30 minutes to load up ATS. One man has already died in the flooding and many other areas are affected as well, I live no where near a river or nothing, when my internet works ill post the videos!
edit on 28/6/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)

EDIT:

It started it of these very strong and loud rumble noises, which most people might put down to thunder, but i know what thunder sounds like and it was constant for ages and generally had me so scared and you could hear all the dogs going mad, birds going mad and there was a lot of screaming, probably the school up the road. My phone doesn't do justice to how loud it actually was.

Then my street flooded, which the many years I've lived there, and the many storms we've had, its never been this bad. This wasent even the worst and didn't check out the front for couple minutes after the rain stopped so some of the water got to retreat but all the bins were floating in the road, it was crazy.

My nan, who has lived in Coventry for 60 years, has never seen anything like this before, and from social network sites many people seem to saying the same thing.

I'm really annoyed i didn't get the rain coming down, i couldn't even see outside, if any one has it please post.

Some photos of Facebook!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Yeah... Never seen the sky that dark at 10am in my life... Even in the monsoon season in Africa... Nice thunder and lightning show.... Flash floods just up the road... A few funnel clouds... That sky was rotating and angry! And its STILL raining! I love this weather!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

That does sound scary. What part of England ? Don't take any chances and wait it out.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

Flash floods in lots of places it seems and maybe more to come...this is probably the most widespread weather warning I have ever seen issued by the Met Office.

BBC report

Met Office severe weather warning

Not good at all.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Nothing remarkable to report in Staffs.

Just read that report and now I feel like I'm some other dimension. I wouldn't call what I had here this morning a rainstorm. Bonkers!
edit on 28-6-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I have no idea where you guys are, but, it was the same here in south wales, incredible thunder, and rain so hard on the roof i could hear it inside the house.
The amount of rain we are having is massive, Kissinger advocated using the weather, in particular the cold of an ice age to decimate world population by 2020.
All they require with this much rain, is, ongoing very cold temps, hey presto, Ice age, massive depopulation.
I believe this is one of the aims of chemtrailling, the extra particulate matter is directly responsible for the much higher incidence of rain.

EVAN B,
you mentioned seeing the clouds rotating, i too have seen this, an area probably a couple of miles across in which you could see the winds moving in a circular motion and pulling the clouds into a vortex, not a tornado kind of vortex, not as powerful, but very large across.
A definitie and defined area of cloud was subjected to a rotating force of wind, this is the only time i have ever seen anything like this, i too have seen monsoons and experienced them in the near east, and never saw anything like it.
i have also seen waterspouts, and small tornados, this was somehow different in a big way, but seemed so very odd for the Uk.
edit on 28-6-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yeah, here in Nottingham at around 11.30 it went VERY dark, like a mid winter afternoon. Thunder and lightening and rain like I had never seen before, it was intense. I imagine your internet is down due to a lightening strike on a tower probably.

I was driving back to work from the shop and came round a bend at 60mph into a flooded section of road. Never realised aquaplaning could be so exhilarating! I'll slow down next time...

I wouldn't worry about it though, just another of our ever changing weather phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It's pretty grey here in Wales, but no thunder or lightning, nothing unusual, I'm surprised we haven't developed gills in the UK :-)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hot summers day here in kent

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I agree. The weather here in the UK has been baffling since the last couple of years. The winters are milder, the summers are wetter. One day full blown 24 degree heat, the next day 6 degrees and rain.
Muggy heat, low cloud, sporadic showers followed by clear skies and cool breeze.

Since Christmas it has got worse, there is definately something wrong with the weather system here, we had a hosepipe ban recently, then the heavens opened and now we have flash floods breaking out everywhere.

Back in the late 80's I remember when during January through to March you froze your backside off, then April to May it was windy and wet, then June to end of August beginning of September it was warm. October to December cold and windy.

Nothing like the weather today, it's like all the Seasons in one week!!!

Nuts.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shminkee Pinkee
It's pretty grey here in Wales, but no thunder or lightning, nothing unusual, I'm surprised we haven't developed gills in the UK :-)

I knew their was a reason I was born with webbed feet.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Great reports, but no pics or vids?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I can't help but feel we are in for one of "those" Summers.. and by those summers, I mean the ones with really messed up weather that seem to come about every 75-100 years in my neck of the woods...

They are the ones that push squall lines along the channel and create the Summer Tsunamis that hit here every century(ish).. the last one (1929) sent a 20ft Tsunami our way. Can you imagine a Tsunami heading for Brighton beach..

All the most extraordinary storms recorded in my neck of the woods happen during those Summers and while some of the descriptions sound awesome, I think I'd prefer reading about them, than living through them.

With that in mind, keep safe OP

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
All this is pretty normal for the rainy city (Manchester).

What isn't normal for Manchester is that the sun is shining, the sky is blue, with puffy white clouds, and its warm.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by Shminkee Pinkee

I knew their was a reason I was born with webbed feet.

Laughing out loud :-)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Not every story needs pics and vids, although the OP did say he had video but his internet is down.

Chucking it down up north here in Cumbria, we're expecting thunder this afternoon.

What gets me is hail in summer, don't think I can ever recall that during this far into this season.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Not every story needs pics and vids, although the OP did say he had video but his internet is down.

Chucking it down up north here in Cumbria, we're expecting thunder this afternoon.

What gets me is hail in summer, don't think I can ever recall that during this far into this season.

Someone with my name would be the last to demand proof from anyone - but great pics/vids of unusual happenings are fun to see.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

I was tucking into a full English Breakfast at Morrison's at the time and it didn't cross my mind when running from the slowest automatic revolving doors in the world to my car. I wish I had got a video now though! I'm sure there will be more storms throughout the day so I'll keep my camera on standby.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Wow, that is strange. Here in Texas we had softball-size hail and it caused almost 2 billion dollars worth of damage a couple weeks ago! On April 3rd we had over a dozen tornadoes in Dallas. We are now in our fifth straight day of 100+ temperatures, yuck!

Strange weather patterns around the world. And now Colorado is having their worst wildfire in history.

Buckle up, England! You're going to be in for a ride this summer!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

I was tucking into a full English Breakfast at Morrison's at the time and it didn't cross my mind when running from the slowest automatic revolving doors in the world to my car. I wish I had got a video now though! I'm sure there will be more storms throughout the day so I'll keep my camera on standby.

Just to put my mind to rest on something.
Do Morrison's everywhere furnish their full English brekkys with half a slice of fried brick you cant actually cut through but could do someone damage with? It could be just mine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join