It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Observations of British Airways London 2012 Ad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
There is already a thread about the ad here www.abovetopsecret.com...

But this is a closer look at some of the fine points of this ad:

Keep in mind that British Airlines does not make commercials, they hire someone to do that.
I don't know who chose the song to go along with the video and I don't know what they were thinking but it leads me to believe that this video is full of subliminal messages.

These are just my observations. They could mean everything or they could mean nothing.
Maybe someone will be able to shine some light on my findings.

Numbers are usually important so its always good to look at those since they are used in subliminal messages a lot.

First there is the control panel of the aircraft. It has 145 , 270 , 6000 and there is 538 above it out the window.
imageshack.us...

Then the next thing with numbers is the 27 on the baggage compartment.
imageshack.us...

As the plane leaves the runway, you can see T E3 7 painted on the tarmac.
imageshack.us...

Now the most obvious number that caught my attention first is the address number 7 on the ONLY apartment that has any numbers on it.
imageshack.us...

Next is the milk truck that has the plate CRT 346Y. There is also a swirl pattern on the thrusters, I don't know if many planes have these but the ones in the movie Donnie Darko did.
imageshack.us...

The plane has IIL or IL painted on it in several places.
imageshack.us...

Theres a black car in a tunnel. It has the plate YBC 975.
imageshack.us...

Now for the most surprising finding that I can't find anyone talking about..
A red (red is important because our eyes are drawn to it) double decker bus has a slogan on it that is not seen anywhere else in the video: "We're not going on a summer Holiday".
imageshack.us...

The clock on Big Ben is set to 8:35 as a woman checks her watch.
imageshack.us...

There is a silloette of a helicopter in the clouds.
imageshack.us...

This one is obvious but still very strange for them to say "Don't Fly".
imageshack.us...

Another obvious and probably unimportant one is the "OneWorld" logo at the end of the ad.
imageshack.us...

Annnnd then there is one more final thing that I found but it is not an image. Its audio but not part of the song, at least not in any version I've ever heard.
I wish I knew how to put the amplified version I made on here but I don't. Anyways, its pretty easy to notice if you know where it is.
At the 0:40 mark (where the planes wheel drives over a bump and then it cuts to the market scene) you will hear an explosion followed by words that sound very much like "Everybody's dead now".

Anyways so those are my findings and I figure the number 7 is the most important thing I can gather from them.
7 is important, especially in London. As in 7/7 and I believe the plane is called a 777.

Maybe someone will come up with some better reasons for these subliminals.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I'll be honest, I don't think there is anything in the advertisement. There has been a big campaign not just from BA , but all involved, to encourage people to stay in the UK and enjoy the Olympics rather than go on holiday. BA, although being an airline who benefit from travelling abroad are also a huge business in it for the long run. They don't really deal with the package holiday crowd, so it's no skin of BA's nose to encourage people to stay at home.

The Music although slightly apocalyptic, is quite a natural choice "London Calling". Thats all the advertisers care about.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I never pay much attention to subliminal messages, but the audio you mentioned at 0:40 gave me the chills. Maybe there will be someone that may have knowledge or memory of anything significant the subliminal messages may refer to.

Also, I'm not all too familiar with landmarks or buildings in and around London, but at 0:30 there are the two skyscrapers on either side of a what appears to be a translucent spire, or tower of some sort.

Who knows, maybe the creator of the Ad is an insane conspirator, and he/she put everything you see in there just to make it seem like there is a hidden message when there really isn't.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
None of what's listed in the OP makes sense to me.
It's just a commercial, and a nice one too.

You're projecting things that aren't there!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Suckered me right in, well done.
I've just wasted half an hour straining my ears listening to a taxi going over a speed bump.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by KeepYourAnonymity

Yeah I figured if most people weren't into visual subliminal messages, they would at least understand the audio one.

It is pretty creepy.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Its at 0:40 where the planes wheel goes over the bump, not the taxi.
You'll hear the voice at the market scene.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Great information finding ... It is a bit of a weird advertisement, however ...

Someone also brought this advertisement up before here, but not in so much detail with pictures.

But with the whole "Don't Fly" I just think they mean ... Don't fly out of UK this summer ... Be patriotic and stay in UK and support your team and enjoy the Olympics ...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Firstly, the numbers i.e 27 and 7 appearing well.. the opening ceremony is on July 27th (27/7) so you can discount that.

The RED bus.... London buses are red.

Swirls on the jet engines... most have this so that personnel on the ground can easily tell if the turbine is spinning or not without risking getting sucked in.

The rest... we'll see!

Personally, regarding the slogan etc, I think it's a clever ploy to make a memorable advert. They will be raking in revenue from flights in and out of the country from non UK residents during the Olympics and the more people talk about the airline, subconsciously, they will be more likely to consider BA if they need to book a flight. Nothing more than clever advertising.
edit on 28-6-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I'll be honest, I don't think there is anything in the advertisement. There has been a big campaign not just from BA , but all involved, to encourage people to stay in the UK and enjoy the Olympics rather than go on holiday. BA, although being an airline who benefit from travelling abroad are also a huge business in it for the long run. They don't really deal with the package holiday crowd, so it's no skin of BA's nose to encourage people to stay at home.

The Music although slightly apocalyptic, is quite a natural choice "London Calling". Thats all the advertisers care about.

Good point there, while they are at it making a great advert to promote their business, why not indirectly discourage people from using other airlines while they're at it?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I'm sure the OP will be able to find some hidden messages in this video too, but this is what I meant by their being a push for people to stay at home.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I'm sure the OP will be able to find some hidden messages in this video too, but this is what I meant by their being a push for people to stay at home.

In the British Airways video I seen things that I was able to pick up on while it was quickly moving.
This video however doesn't seem to have much hidden messages. It does have SOME but nothing more than a typical commercial.

I only noticed things because I was looking for them.
I'm usually good at finding things in videos and I notice that the ones that work best on the masses are the least subtle messages such as the 911 stuff I exposed in the Kony video.

The only things I took note of here were the clock but only because of it having numbers, the 7 sheep, and that weird lobster phone which is probably nothing more than a visual to draw your attention back to the TV as you drift off due to bordom.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Wrote this in another thread but Ill put it here.

Toll Booth Security guy drinking coffee and reading news paper doesn't look at plane going past,
Could resemble security not being monitored.

Also the rope on the curtain of the plane looks kinda odd.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
You know, sometimes things are exactly what they appear to be and reading into them makes you appear foolish.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
A simple observation by myself.......

At the start of the ad, the plane is at stand 538 (guessing terminal 5, gate 38). The auto pilot is set to 145 IAS (indicated airspeed), HDG 270, no vertical speed, altitude 6000 ft. Probably means nothing since they all correspond to landing settings for runway 27L/27R - but I thought it worth throwing into the water.

Also, all through the ad are cars I can identify - Peugeot 306, Renault Megane etc - but YBC 975 seems to have no badge on the front and doesn't look like anything I can ID. Maybe a bit like a cross between a Peugeot 607 and a Mondeo. YBC 975 = 975 BC? This is when (according to a Google search) Solomon is said to have died and when the division of the Kingdoms of Israel is said to have happened.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
A big part of the "stay home" campaigns are also to do with the fact that London's transportation system is going to be extremely taxed by the Olympics, and with the massively increased security it will be a major headache to fly into or out of the city for the rest of this summer. I've got an assignment to go on during part of the games so sadly I won't get to be around for all of them, but instead of dealing with the insanity at Heathrow and Gatwick, I am actually taking a train over to Paris and flying out of there, it's expected to be that congested.

As for the observations, does anyone have any actual theories as to what they think it means or are you just pointing out every number and letter you see in it?

London Calling is a very famous song, and I think it's being played on a loop in the collective minds of everyone here thanks to the games. One World is the airline alliance that BA is a part of, nothing more. I'm not going to get into all of the numerology and such because that is just silly.

As for security "looking the other way" I can categorically tell you that the security here in London is not at all looking the other way. There are more British troops protecting the games than there are fighting in Afghanistan currently and the MOD is going so far as to set up anti-aircraft missiles around town as well as having fighter air patrols and warships guarding the sites. I was talking with one of our reporters yesterday and he remarked that the city hasn't been this guarded since the war.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by puggtiracer

Do you want to get really crazy and say, 538 = 5+3+8 = 16 = 1+6 = 7 HDG 270 = 2 * 7= 14 = - 7 = 7

OR

7 / 7

Look all I can say is that if you look hard enough you can find something that you can give significance to anything. Also that you can your numerology to prove anything if you work it in the right way to come up with a significant sequence.

YOu are most likely right that these setting on the autopilot control panel are just those of the landing configuration left by the previous pilot.
edit on 14/7/2012 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

top topics

join