It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Urban Dictionary Reference Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
www.urbandictionary.com...

These days it can be hard to understand some of the lingo people come up with... As i get older, i hear some of the stuff that "younger folks" come up with... I don't think i realized i was getting old until the day i heard someone say OMG...

We're so lazy we can't even say the words "Oh my God" anymore...

Now they litterally speak in acronyms... :bnghd:

Take a look at this list... www.netlingo.com...

Bloody ridiculous!!

Anyways... This thread is dedicated to people that want to try to understand some of this new language...

Perhaps even for people of the older generations that might want to verbally assult a "whippersnapper"...

The Urban dictionary is actually hilarious... Some of the definitions are awesome, and i think anyone with a few spare moments could learn a few useless sayings just for kicks...

Im a lifelong Gamer... So for the first reference i'll "define" something that is "need to know"... even for forum users

Noobs vs. Newbs (Counter Strike)

NOOBS: Rely on cheap tactics to barely finish second-to-last on the team, and often blame others for their mistakes. Noobs have no ambition to get better at the game they fail at, and are happy just pissing off the rest of us. Noobs are not limited to low levels...

Noobs are found camping with their M203-equipped M16's (standard noob issue), Juggernaut and Last Stand, in the same exact place you just killed them in a few minutes ago.

COMMUNICATING WITH NOOBS: Is not a good idea. The vast majority of encounters often end with noobs being brutal flamed in the pre-game lobbies, as noobs are unintelligent and slow-thinking. Any attempt to communicate with noobs is immediately met with a pre-set list of insults, such as "Shut the f*** up", "You wanna go one-on-one?", "I could rape you", etc.

NEWBS: Honest, humble, polite players who strive to better themselves by playing as a team and seeking the advice of others. Newbs are new to the game, so they don't know, and, when confronted after using noob tactics, apologize for their behavior and immediately cease all noob activity.

COMMUNICATION WITH NEWBS: One of the most pleasant conversations ever When you start talking to them, you realize they are different from noobs, and that they are sorry for their behavior.

IF you have any favorite Definitions from the Urban Dictionary... Post them here

So others can benifit from the shear stupidity or humor of it...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I got one to add to the list:

Anyone know what an arse-fax is ?

Well neither did I.

Apparently this is the new-age description of a label hanging out of the back of your pants.

I found that hillarious.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Here's one for yall...

I'm actually the one who submitted it, and it was published on the website... I don't know if it's something to be proud of lol. It's not that great... but here it is...

Stepuponable

That of which can be stepped upon

Jack, "You stepped on my ******* Womens Digest you *** hole."
Peter, "Well maybe if it wasn't stepuponable it wouldn't get ruined."

I had to clean up the language a bit lol... I completely forgot that I posted that, thank you for reminding me!

Here's a link, unedited in all its glory.

www.urbandictionary.com...

I might be the only one that finds this funny... but check out Buffalumpkin, that's all I'm going to say, some of you old-timers may not get it...
edit on 28-6-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: additional comment

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
As a member of the "younglings" I feel I should tell you that that website is, for the most part, a running joke. People intentionally make ridiculous words and phrases. However, I still agree that the de-evolution of spoken language is ridiculous. When I first heard someone say "LOL" in person I almost threw a brick.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Axehole

A person who uses an obsene amount of axe body spray

Dude, you're such an axehole, I can't breathe in this locker room!

top topics

join