It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top CIA Spy Accused of Being a Mafia Hitman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

www.wired.com

Enrique “Ricky” Prado’s resume reads like the ultimate CIA officer: veteran of the Central American wars, running the CIA’s operations in Korea, a top spy in America’s espionage programs against China, and deputy to counter-terrorist chief Cofer Black — and then a stint at Blackwater. But he’s also alleged to have started out a career as a hitman for a notorious Miami mobster, and kept working for the mob even after joining the CIA. Finally, he went on to serve as the head of the CIA’s secret assassination squad against Al-Qaida.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Disturbing. The interrelationship between Mafia, assassination, and government is getting blurred. Besides giving ulcers to the average person in the streets, this type of transition does not allow us to understand who the good guys are vs bad guys.. It creates a world which no trust for institutions can exist. The President has his drone assassination team which he gets to choose from a death list.. What gives? It is all grey..

www.wired.com
edit on 28-6-2012 by R_Clark because: Grammar

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Sam Giancana once said that the Mafia and the CIA are just two sides of the same coin. One almost couldn't survive without the other. The CIA has a long history of using the Mafia to do the dirty work. Just look at the attempts on Castro's life.

This is not a suprise. It makes me wonder what he did to lose his protection.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
Sam Giancana once said that the Mafia and the CIA are just two sides of the same coin. One almost couldn't survive without the other. The CIA has a long history of using the Mafia to do the dirty work. Just look at the attempts on Castro's life.

This is not a suprise. It makes me wonder what he did to lose his protection.

Sounds like someone has been brushing up on their Daniel Sheehan lately! lol

If you're not aware who he is, he gave a fantastic lecture about the CIA, Mafia, Castro, Nixon and JFK.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
and ? nothing new or unusual in that ... C(aught) I(n the) A(ct) has always hired the dregs of society ... compared to many of them that guys background is tame ...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Sounds like it would make an awesome movie, that was a really interesting read; thanks for sharing!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The problem is always that only rough people will do rough jobs.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Can somebody explain the difference between a CIA Agent and a Mafia Hitman?

I don't see one. So I'm having a hard time digesting this as actual news...

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is an independent civilian intelligence agency of the United States government. It is an executive agency and reports directly to the Director of National Intelligence, with responsibility for providing national security intelligence assessment to senior United States policymakers. Intelligence gathering is performed by non-military commissioned civilian intelligence agents, many of whom are trained to avoid tactical situations

The Mafia (also known as Cosa Nostra) is a criminal syndicate that emerged in the mid-nineteenth century in Sicily, Italy. It is a loose association of criminal groups that share a common organizational structure and code of conduct, and whose common enterprise is protection racketeering. Each group, known as a "family", "clan", or "cosca", claims sovereignty over a territory in which it operates its rackets – usually a town or village or a neighbourhood (borgata) of a larger city. Its members call themselves "men of honour", although the public often refers to them as "mafiosi".

I hope that helps.

edit on 28-6-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I don't see one. So I'm having a hard time digesting this as actual news...

~Tenth

One is a disposable asset and the other has a career, the problem is figuring which is which!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thank you.... Thank you.......

I was having a hard time stomaching the "Look how enlightened I am about the world, by pondering my sarcastic tone."

A CIA agent and a Mafia hit man are nothing alike.

Lets add some more detail to it...

CIA agent (generally) highly educated, highly trained with right and wrong as a strong topic in training... Just like any group that exists in the world, they have bad elements that stain their reputation.

Mafia hit man : Training comes from experience, recruited for brutality and lack of conscience. The bad ones, grow a conscience or lack the stomach to kill for the reasons supplied. The bad ones either disappear or die.

Maybe the poster was saying that the CIA is just a hit squad for the US govt. Maybe I am on to something here.
Maybe like racism, sexism and religious persecution, the poster is unable to differentiate between a few bad apples and an entire group. We can all agree that hit men are all bad... Wait... are they? What if a hitman is hired to kill the man that killed your daughter... Surely that hit man isn't bad..That is a hitman I could employ.... Or the hitman is hired to kill a child trafficker in Indonesia, a pimp that buys and sells children... Maybe we found an anomaly here...

Could there be good agents that are there for righteous reasons... and hitmen that actually do a deed that is wanted or needed?...

Is it easy to take internet rumors and take the side of internet crusaders that only point at the obvious, considering it to be the only view point? Of course it is...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Nope.

Still reads like the same definition to me

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
"Or the hitman is hired to kill a child trafficker in Indonesia, a pimp that buys and sells children... Maybe we found an anomaly here... "

Aw man, stop blowing my mind. LOL I think the old samurai reasoning, the taoist reasoning, is something like "for if the death of one man, brings the life of 10 men", or something like that. Good post OP, very interesting. And I agree that it would make an awesome movie as well!

EDIT: I found the quote, right here:

"It is missing the point to think that the martial art is solely in cutting a man down. It is not in cutting people down; it is in killing evil. It is the stratagem of killing the evil of one man and giving life to ten thousand." -- Yagyu Munenori

Link: webcache.googleusercontent.com...:WC_xKd9BghAJ:www.inayaneskrima.com/node/15+the+death+of+one+man,+brings+the+life+of+ten+taoism+sa murai&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

It's at the bottom of the page.
edit on 28-6-2012 by poopmaster2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Nope.

Still reads like the same definition to me

indeed
both groups are outlaw savages that live by the law of the jungle, ultimately

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a real assassin would have to be a type of sociopath.Especially one who serves in the CIA.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

On one level it can be argued that the government is a glorified "protection racket" also.
Perhaps on three levels......

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark

www.wired.com

Enrique “Ricky” Prado’s resume reads like the ultimate CIA officer: veteran of the Central American wars, running the CIA’s operations in Korea, a top spy in America’s espionage programs against China, and deputy to counter-terrorist chief Cofer Black — and then a stint at Blackwater. But he’s also alleged to have started out a career as a hitman for a notorious Miami mobster, and kept working for the mob even after joining the CIA. Finally, he went on to serve as the head of the CIA’s secret assassination squad against Al-Qaida.

That's been going on since post WWII. They are all a bunch of GD thugs and a real threat to global stability.
edit on 28-6-2012 by g2v12 because: arrangement

new topics

top topics

join