It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many ATS members have been put in a mental hospital?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I don't honestly expect anybody to answer this question... although, if you choose to answer, don't be embarrassed by any means... I just truly wonder...

I've seen sooo much craziness on ATS, it truly makes me think... sometimes, it's just obvious that certain individuals are on the edge... that's usually when I choose to digress. I generally try to contribute to threads that are about philosophy, government and science... in which I must say, it seems like there are many level headed individuals on ATS.

Yet... when I go off course, and participate in threads that are about religion, drugs, Masonry, and the Illuminati there is seemingly always one individual who appears to be losing it... is this just coincidence? I don't think so...

I've known many people that have a wide range of problems with psychosis and delusional thinking, and I see much of their rhetoric or thought patterns being reiterated on ATS... I'm flirting with the idea that ATS is a hotbed for craziness... am I the only one?

So now I'm stuck between... conversation with crazy people about topics that I'm truly interested in, or finding a new place to have such conversations with people that are so indoctrinated in their perceptions that they deny everything I say. Topics... such as the Federal Reserve, going back to JP Morgan, the Tesla Conspiracy, Rockefeller, UN, Trilateral Commission, CFR and such... all the way up to the actions taken by the WHO and FAO. Is it that hard to have a conversation about these topics with out some jack wagon coming in spouting off about 'they want to kill us all', 'they want us all as slaves'... I mean COME THE ^%@ ON! geesh

Ok... I'm done, before this turns into a rant. MOD's, move if necessary.

Oh and guess what..

What?

For all those deniers...

And I'll close with these words from the late Reverend Martin Luther King Jr. He said, “Unlike the plagues of the dark ages, or contemporary diseases which we do not yet understand, the modern plague of overpopulation is solvable with means we have discovered and with resources we possess. What is lacking is not sufficient knowledge of the solution, but universal consciousness of the gravity of the problem and the education of the billions who are its victims.”

Welcome to reality...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I tried to get in but they refused to take me. Said I would be a negative influence.

I will also add that it is the "crazy" who often see the truth because they are not encumbered with the bs of daily life. They not only see the truth that the sheeple miss, they obsess on it. This obsession with what lies beneath is just one of the things that makes them so unattractive to the world.
edit on 28-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
If you lived with my family, I'm sure you will put yourself in a mental hospital in 2 seconds flat.

Haven't been placed there yet. But totally considering it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
But I tell you if you follow the secret window and you die to the ego nature you will penetrate this darkness oh yes there's many a man or woman that's been put in the insane asylum when this has happened to them and they're sitting there today, people think they're insane but they saw something that's real and they see it when they're on drugs the only thing is they see it not through the light of God, and the way I show you I show you to see it through the light of God.

edit on 28-6-2012 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Lol this is such a loaded question to answer.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I've been around. Although I have never been admitted. Never been medicated. I have been around.

Am thinking I may be due for a field trip.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I truly believe at least 90% of the population is brain damaged, the worst part is that it is self inflicted, the other 10% are struggling to stay sane but the numbers quickly dwindle in the mist of this reality we are born into. There are people who know what the website is about others think they know.

I usually see more people who think they know, than those who truly understand and they are probably brought in thanks to ATS's friendly and lenient way of dealing with them. I'm sure some people seem very crazy, i bet these are the people who look at us through the other side of the window thinking they are looking into a mental hospital when its the other way around.

I have little hope for the human population, everyone needs to get treated. i find myself telling people all the time to not only take care of their bodies (Diet/Exercise) but to also take care of their mind (Meditation/Education) they look at me like i am crazy most people have such irrational beliefs and mental routines that only dig them deeper into the hole.

and no i haven't been to a hospital, but looking forward to hearing from those who have.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I was locked up for a month or so back in 2008, in fact - right after I discovered ATS.

Living 18 years and then realizing that 95% of what you thought was real is not is quite a mind job. I don't think one necessarily has to be considered mentally ill to go off the ledge after realizing something like that.

During that period of time, I and my family also experienced events that we're not explainable. Things occurred that should have not occurred which we're verifiable by close family members. Very weird, weird things. Extremely weird.

But I digress.

Needless to say it's 4 years later and I'm doing quite fine, no medication and I'm quite sane, more so than ever before.

Best regards!
edit on 28-6-2012 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Ill tell you this.. some days around here clean sheets and demerol or haldol sounds pretty interesting.
.. but I do know some "normal" people who oughtto be locked up.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

So now I'm stuck between... conversation with crazy people about topics that I'm truly interested in, or finding a new place to have such conversations with people that are so indoctrinated in their perceptions that they deny everything I say.

I have said it many times before.....and will no doubt say it many times again.....

"The real believers on ATS are the debunkers".

It is pointless trying to find the truth....if you can't accept that it may not fit with your world-view.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four
I tried to get in but they refused to take me. Said I would be a negative influence.

I will also add that it is the "crazy" who often see the truth because they are not encumbered with the bs of daily life. They not only see the truth that the sheeple miss, they obsess on it. This obsession with what lies beneath is just one of the things that makes them so unattractive to the world.

It's interesting that you say this...

While witnessing individuals through out my life slip into psychotic states or psychosis, I have honestly listened to many of them speak about things with incredible accuracy. Especially when it comes to theoretical physics and such... I sat for 3 hours one day, listening to a old friend of mine ramble on about displacement, gravity, and mass... his theories were amazing! Knowing what I knew then, as well as additional research that I've done since completely makes what he was saying plausible, if not the truth. I've participated in many physics forums, and based my lines of questioning in regards to his theories... and what do ya know, it seems like he was on to something.

I've recently brought up this theory to him, and he had absolutely no recollection about the conversation. That's when I asked him to explain it again... and he couldn't. He tried, and then admitted that he had no idea even where to start. I thought it was weird that he could one day, ramble on for 3 hours about complex ideas and then in the future have no idea about what he was talking about. This was seriously crazy at its finest.

I hope people don't think that I'm trying to be rude by posing this question... but I feel that it would be an accurate statement that suggests that there's a higher percentage of people that have been committed that are members of ATS in comparison to the percentage of people that have a history with psychosis in the world.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
A LOT!!!!!!

I'm just guessing but I bet you could get a description of the inside of a mental hospital pretty easily if you asked.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
At times I wish I was, just forget all about the history, complexity and conflict going on. No more responsibility, doped up on so many meds that I just stop thinking and have the doctors whisper sweet nothings as I am programmed back out of the rabbit hole. It does sound tempting, but at the risk of a lobotomy to finally shut me up I think I might pass.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FractalChaos13242017

Originally posted by Numbers33four

It's interesting that you say this...

While witnessing individuals through out my life slip into psychotic states or psychosis, I have honestly listened to many of them speak about things with incredible accuracy. Especially when it comes to theoretical physics and such... I sat for 3 hours one day, listening to a old friend of mine ramble on about displacement, gravity, and mass... his theories were amazing! Knowing what I knew then, as well as additional research that I've done since completely makes what he was saying plausible, if not the truth. I've participated in many physics forums, and based my lines of questioning in regards to his theories... and what do ya know, it seems like he was on to something.

I've recently brought up this theory to him, and he had absolutely no recollection about the conversation. That's when I asked him to explain it again... and he couldn't. He tried, and then admitted that he had no idea even where to start. I thought it was weird that he could one day, ramble on for 3 hours about complex ideas and then in the future have no idea about what he was talking about. This was seriously crazy at its finest.

I hope people don't think that I'm trying to be rude by posing this question... but I feel that it would be an accurate statement that suggests that there's a higher percentage of people that have been committed that are members of ATS in comparison to the percentage of people that have a history with psychosis in the world.

Someone I love very much and grew up with is a paranoid schizophrenic with periods of mixed states. I know exactly what you mean, truly brilliant.
He will see this as he is a member here so Im not speaking out of turn. People have funny ideas about thhings like schizophrenia and the functionality of the person. The talents and why some choose to remain unmedicated.
Our Grandmama was one of those who had her own ideas about why things are the way they are. She said she thought ( she was a Xtian) that some people are born wihtout the "veil" god gives others so they can see visually, hear, and understand things those who have the veil cant. They see the demons and angels and things working in the world around us and such. We always thought it was an interesting theory.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

So now I'm stuck between... conversation with crazy people about topics that I'm truly interested in, or finding a new place to have such conversations with people that are so indoctrinated in their perceptions that they deny everything I say.

I have said it many times before.....and will no doubt say it many times again.....

"The real believers on ATS are the debunkers".

It is pointless trying to find the truth....if you can't accept that it may not fit with your world-view.

I like it!

The best part is... I've been apart of the debunking crowd a couple times on ATS on multiple topics. It seems that ever time I do... Some jack wagon goes off and claims(or hints) that I work for the CIA or FBI or some other three letter organization that they believe is there to enslave or kill them. That crap needs to end, seriously.

Call me out for what I've said, deny my 'ignorance' please, I welcome this... but don't go on some absurd attack against me, claiming that I'm some operative that is paid to bring disinformation or misinformation to guide the public's perception.

I'm here to do one of two things... learn something new, or deny ignorance... nothing more, nothing less...

Sure, I'd love to change peoples minds, and help them see the light... but for now, this is not my role in life. I'm still a 'young buck', but I know how to debate with the best of them. I've even had hate emails after participating on TED.com from people who claim that I'm going to ruin their career after I debunked their presentations. All in all... respect people, and many individuals on ATS need to learn how to stop acting so crazy...

Temperance, look it up...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Sorry guys but really?

I joke because it's ridiculous for someone with a mental illness to visit a conspiracy website. If you do then too bad you'll get what you were looking for.

Like that girl that committed suicide because she was worried about 12-21-12. Give me a break.

Too many people looking for a scapegoat is the problem.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I have of course!!! Hense the name and avitar I have. But I celebrate my uniqueness. Its just a label, I know who I am and what I am about. I feel I am normal ( nice, positive,helpfull) 90% of the time, then the other 10% I am a raging butwad. But you cant win them all!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Lol this is such a loaded question to answer.

Yes, it is.I'm not afraid to admit I was years ago when I was 19ish,(I'm 34 now)but it wasn't for the reasons the op listed.

As far as ATS is concerned I'm guessing a lot of the unbelievable threads/posts are just trolls and not the mentally ill.
edit on 28-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
Sorry guys but really?

I joke because it's ridiculous for someone with a mental illness to visit a conspiracy website. If you do then too bad you'll get what you were looking for.

Like that girl that committed suicide because she was worried about 12-21-12. Give me a break.

Too many people looking for a scapegoat is the problem.

Did you just say Scapegoat?!?!?! lol, I was going to get all Pee-Wee Herman with it, and claim it was the word of the day... but I will save myself the embarrassment.

Scapegoat was the PERFECT WORD TO USE!~

Here's a song that reiterates this point....

It's women, it's the plight for power it's government
It's the way you're giving knowledge
slow with thought control and subtle hints
It's rubbing it, It's itching it, It's applying cream
It's the foreigners sight seeing with high beams, It's in my dreams

It's in the water, it's in the air, it's in the meat
It's indirect, indiscrete, inconsistent, incomplete
It's in the streets, every city and everywhere you go
In every man it's the insanity, the fantasy, the casualties
It's the health care system, it's welfare victims
It's assault weapons, it's television religion, and it's false lessons
It's cops, police, pigs with badges guns and sticks
It's harassment and a complex you carry when you're running #

Think about it...

Finally the song ends with...

It's the fear, It's the fake
It's clear it can make time stop
and leave you stranded in the year of the snake
It's the dollar, yen, pound, it's all denomination
It's hourly wages for your professional observations
It's on your face and it's in your eyes
It's everything you be
Cause it ain't me, #$%^%#$&, cause it ain't me, uh

On and on and on and on
The list goes on and on and on and on [3x]
[KRS One scratched til close] "It's all according that life on a whole..."

I friggin love this song!

It's reality, **** it , it's everything but me

edit on 28-6-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: aa

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
They tried once but then realized that I would take control of the troops because I knew what I was talking about.

Now, the Doctors consult me.

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join