It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here, take your frickin star!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

I have never, once, considered flags or stars when posting my reply or creating at thread. Sure, I don't always follow the suggestion of making every post count, I'm sure there are plenty of my posts that could just be deleted without impacting the thread at all.

But I just don't get why anyone cares about stars and flags.. As a system of marking good topics and posts, it failed miserably. I'll still flag and star a thread/post that I find good, but I myself don't put much weight into them.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Sigh, who cares man. its just pixels.

What annoys me more though, are the people that feel the need to announce to the thread that theyve S&F'd the OP.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I don't want a star.

I want me one of them 'star whores'...

Or maybe a couple of 'em.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
some one say star
O_o

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
give me a star

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

Hahaha yes it must be religious! An talkin about a personal experience with your god! But, if someone else also brings up religion then I am obligated to star both of you. You know, to be completely fair and all

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I never cared about stars really.
I flag stuff just so I can find it again later.
and y'all are ate up with this thread.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Congratulations! Here's a star for simply "not caring" and being better than all of us!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I have nearly 10,000 stars but I don't post just to have people 'star' me. I post opinions that many people agree with and I receive their support and agreement by them starring my posts.

You seem like you're just a little sore because you haven't received many stars, or not enough people agree with your opinion.

You are a newish member, I have been here over 4 years and have seen many iterations of points/stars/flags. ATS used to display 'points' under avatars earned for posts and threads that many used to use as an indicator of if the person was worth listening to or not. Now it is stars, a much better indicator in my opinion.
edit on 28/6/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

YES SUCCESS!!! I now have an even number of stars and posts, now I can stop twitching!
Thank you PhysicsAdept!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Mmm no I am not sore upon my own star-receiving, it is the people that post simply for stars that I am sore at. How did I know this thread would not continue without someone claiming I was upset about my own star count?

But you already missed the conspiracy saying that I was trying to "up" my Karma, so I guess you aren't in it too strong

ETA: By the way, I am giving stars to other people, even you because I have given up on the system, not because the system has given up on me. ALSO, my Star : Post ratio is almost as high as yours, so really I find your argument to be somewhat watered down
edit on 28-6-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

Sorry, I think I kind of ruined it for you, now your Star : Post ratio is above 1 though!
edit on 28-6-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by Kryties

Mmm no I am not sore upon my own star-receiving, it is the people that post simply for stars that I am sore at. How did I know this thread would not continue without someone claiming I was upset about my own star count?

That's how it comes across mate, just saying. And you aren't the first newish member to post a thread regarding stars and flags, you are not breaking new ground here....again, just saying.

But you already missed the conspiracy saying that I was trying to "up" my Karma, so I guess you aren't in it too strong

Nope, never even crossed my mind. You seem to have a propensity to make mountains out of molehills you know, just saying.

ETA: By the way, I am giving stars to other people, even you because I have given up on the system, not because the system has given up on me. ALSO, my Star : Post ratio is almost as high as yours, so really I find your argument to be somewhat watered down

Whoopdy bloody doo, I could care less about your stars except that if indeed the star system is being abused then you are willfully contributing to it and you need to stop. You are acting like a whining baby.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You seem to have a propensity to make mountains out of molehills you know, just saying.

Eh it's my thread, welcome to it haha. Yeah I have seen other rants I know I'm not special. Fair-played, star for your ATS wisdom.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I am a whining baby, yet it is completely ok for you to come in and ruin a load of fun? Everyone thus far has had a good time reading this thread, for entertainment value at least. What do you do? Try to assert your 4-year-on-ATS authority and try to look like the good guy that is above nonsensical thinking. Sir, you would not have even looked at this thread, lest replied if you did not want a star. Ha I say this because if you were truly as mature and awesome as you make it seem then you would have been in other threads now.

So congrats, here, take your frickin star!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

DUDE, you are deliberately abusing the star system and making it harder for those of us who actually try to use stars as an indicator of how popular an opinion is. By doing this you are deliberately disrupting and changing ATS to suit YOUR view on how it should be. This is NOT a laughing matter mate.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
Ha I say this because if you were truly as mature and awesome as you make it seem then you would have been in other threads now.

If you checked my profile you will see I have been active in several threads today alone. Again, you are totally wrong.

And seriously, I don't want your friggin stars. Stop being an ass.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
More power to you for challenging the status quo.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Hmm I would suggest to you to look what someone's post is saying, not at how many stars belong to it or the person that wrote it. Yeah, that just might work. Here is a star of hope I'll give to you--for free.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

WHOOSH goes my point and meaning completely over your head, at supersonic speed.

Hmm I would suggest to you to look what someone's post is saying, not at how many stars belong to it or the person that wrote it.

I use stars as an indicator of HOW MANY PEOPLE roughly agree with any point of view, it gives me a feel for the direction of any given thread and whether or not it is likely to go somewhere or turn into a mud-slinging fest. I do not use it to determine my own feelings on any given opinion, just as an indicator of how the rest of ATS see's it.

It's astonishing how completely wrong you are actually.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join