It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here, take your frickin star!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GardenParty
I just had an amazing thought.

Give users the ability to TAKE a star from somebody

Think of the implications!

Yeah if somebody says something really stupid or off topic you could take like 1/10th of a star. So if ten people agree then you lose a star. (And we each get to punch you in the arm one time.
)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Just wondering if I post again in your thread do I get more stars? I could make 300
. Dont know what that would mean though. Maybe entrance to a secrete club??? Money, Medal?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

I'll take it!
I didn't aim to make you feel bad. You are the man for making this thread. I hope I can be like you some day.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
Just wondering if I post again in your thread do I get more stars? I could make 300
. Dont know what that would mean though. Maybe entrance to a secrete club??? Money, Medal?

That was answered quick lol

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Yeah 1/10th perfect! but it would have to show the one tenth so you know how many people disagree with you. Of course if 11 people disagreed with you it would only look like one... hmm we gotta hammer out the problems now so that we can take this to the board haha

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Still no secrete club entry or money, bugger. Anyway flag for OP and star for every one else

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

Hey, the more you post the more stars you get because only experts stay in a thread for very long, and experts are always right!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

One more because of the compliment, AND a whole 'nother one because you replied

link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept

Hey, the more you post the more stars you get because only experts stay in a thread for very long, and experts are always right!

Sweet. I don't post much because I'm not an expert in much but this thread might just be my big break!

link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept

Hey, the more you post the more stars you get because only experts stay in a thread for very long, and experts are always right! [/quote

A Big fat star for that post
second line

link   
Hey did he say he tricked us?

Lets get him!!!!!

One time I started a thread that said something like flag this and I will tell you something important. Well I figured nobody would flag something like that or a mod would throw it in the trash bin but was I ever wrong! I checked it a few hours later and I had like 20 or 25 flags and about that many comments wanting a secret. I had nothing.
So I told them not to eat yellow snow!

Most took their flags back......

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected

It means nothing.You're just re enforcing the stereotype that all ATSer's live in their parents basement.

That's the secret club you're gaining access to.Feel proud !

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

A big star?

Aww where is the blush emoticon?

Whoops, that can't be right...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Just broke the K:20 barrier

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

I gave you a star just for using the term 'jack wagon'.
Well played sir.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Yes I know it means nothing !! I live a full and happy life above ground. If stars mean I have to go underground.Ill give them back

Hay maybe they could be sold.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Darn it, now I have a star addiction and star OCD! Now I need as many stars as I have posts! Come on guys, I'm almost there. STARS nom nom nom nom.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

Heh you made eating noises! Yay!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Would love to stay and collect more stars but I must be off

Guess I'm not an expert at this either

edit on 28-6-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I have to agree 100%. It's really irritating, to say the least. I don't even know why it matters so much. Human nature, I suppose? Are we really so prideful that we need to feel.. knowledgeable?

Still, like you, I'd hardly ever star the first post. If I think a thread deserves more attention (whether I agree with it or not), I'll flag it. In the case of me agreeing, it's usually because the thread matches my beliefs. Yet I'd still flag threads I disagree with, for example, threads that are open minded and have some active debaters in it.

That's all that should matter, anyways. Not someone's reputation, not argument from authority; "if Phage says it, it must be true!", but pure, unbiased, truth - facts. That's all that should matter.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join