It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here, take your frickin star!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Cool I wish you could give as many stars as you want!

I want to know why if I piss off a mod they take my points? What are points good for anyway is there an ATS gift shop in the lobby or something?

Now where's my star?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Probably guilty as well. Its redundant though. Some people here act like a top secret dossier fell into their lap. Only they were gifted with the knowledge of Whitney Houstons death. Yahoo only let's one person on at a time apparently.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I would moon all of you star sluts.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I say.... screw the stars.

I generally only give them out when someone has taken their time in the creation of their post, said something meaningful, or denied ignorance.

Today, I witnessed the most blatant abuse of stars ever... or maybe it was just due to the ignorance that is prevalent.

Some jack wagon, responded to an article that I presented, and instead of actually addressing any of it...

This person decided to pull everything out of context... apply some random 'it's propaganda' spin to it, and then claim that I work for a three letter group. The next thing you know, this person has about a dozen stars and actually said nothing meaningful. It was three sentences that didn't actually address any of the information presented. What was said was incredibly inaccurate. As well, this person then decided to go on a personal attack against me.... all of which received stars? wtf....

There are sooo many intelligent people that contribute meaningful information to this site, and it's not reflected in their star count... that I stopped paying attention to stars. I hand them out, sparingly... and if I receive them... it means nothing, at least nothing that truly matters.

I could have simply replied to this thread with some one liner, and then adding '2nd' underneath it, and probably received 20 stars... but is that really what this is about? Well for some people it is.... those some people are the ones that probably won't amount to jack ____.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I just had an amazing thought.

Give users the ability to TAKE a star from somebody

Think of the implications!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

I am not sure if out of all the posts I have seen thus far I can actually star you.... You actually contributed to the original topic...

Well... a promise is a promise. Here.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Relating to the yahoo news/other reposted news from other sites.
I love it, I come to one site, and see everything (well almost) that's going on in the world that day. On top of that is usual inteligent discusion on the topic not like the news sites board which are filled with morons.

Then when I'm done baning my head against the wall from the almost scripted world events I check out the other wonderful things on here. Do I star, only when the comment is above and beyond....flag? if I think the news is worthy of hitting as many people as possible.

But yes, flags may be a bit oversued, but don't loose sleep over it, you could always ignore the stars under ones name and talk to the person,,,,,

Can I Have emy star now?

link   
reply to post by GardenParty

Yeah take the star or give them a "dislike" hahaha. We all have green bars of like percentage underneath our avatars hahaha

link   
I wish there was a way for us to know who is the star or flag giver. Quiet often seeing many more stars & flags then replies or comments. Although ive always thought a star is an agreement of a thread or post so many not really need more in put. However to flag a thread and then not comment or leave opinions. Is that just laziness ? Are we just too busy? We really dont gain anything from stars do we.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

I am not sure if out of all the posts I have seen thus far I can actually star you.... You actually contributed to the original topic...

Well... a promise is a promise. Here.

Oh shoot... where are my manners, what I meant to say is...

____insert one-liner here_____

2nd

link   
What kind of cheese do you want with that whine?

link   
reply to post by Vardoger

And actually, regarding the third paragraph I actually agree very much. But, I say that the stars turn into a device for someone skimming the thread to only read what those who have lots of stars say... So it turns into a popularity contest I'd say more often than not haha

But yes, always look past the stars and just contribute! Talk to the person via what they say not what they have!

link   
Are you just doing this to get you're Karma points up? I smell a conspiracy.
edit on 6/28/1212 by 1MrMarc because: Do I get a star for the edit?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

I wish I even knew what those were or how to get them "up", for that matter why I would want to get them "up" but yes, if you wish to believe that then yes.

Here, quote me if you must:

I am doing this to "up" my Karma points.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

Ok THAT I will give you. I guess I aim for originality. Also if I read it somewhere else and then see it here there is a zippy chance of me opening it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by 1MrMarc

I am doing this to "up" my Karma points.

I've been duped!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Here to avoid conspiracy I would ask that anyone that has starred me to un-star me.

Oh wait... Crap... Well from here on forward, no stars please? We gotta be fair about things and I've gotten enough. Don't wanna hurt other members' feelings

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrMarc

edit on 6/28/1212 by 1MrMarc because: Do I get a star for the edit?

Haha and I feel bad but I already gave you a star for making me feel bad... So I would give you a star for tactfully editing but cannot. And really you made me feel bad twice so I oew you two stars on top of the one I already gave you

Does that help at all?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Haha just starred that

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

What I love the most is seeing the MSM news articles...and then the internet bloggers/conspiracy sites and others pick up the real facts and untwist the twisting if ya know whta I mean.

Sorry for Highjacking the thread....

MORE STARS PLEASE NEED A 1:1 Ratio

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join