It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here, take your frickin star!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
How many threads come into ATS? How many are posted through countless hours or work and diligence, or thought and meaning? Such a small percentage I assume...

Yet, how many people here have just posted six things in a row on a similar topic, each with a link to make themselves appear more credited? Maybe they have a line of "opinion" in each thread, but time and care for the post is just gone, easily pointed out through the 2 minute intervals in which they were posted...

How many people here have just posted one liners that retain a majority opinion to get stars? With a handy
(2nd line)
below it?

How many people race to be the first reply in a promising thread, perhaps even posting something blank so it can be edited within a few hours to say something witty, just for a star flood?

How many people have tried to debunk something that is so subjective and open-ended, merely for someone to break the silence of star-giving in a thread?

I am tired of it. Stars are abused and misused. So, what am I going to do about it? Stars for everyone! if you reply in a thread I am in, whether I agree or care or laugh or not, free star. The exception? No stars for whoever created the thread. Flags hold much more meaning and if like what you have to say, I'll give you a flag. They can even be taken away if I see it is a repost or a hoax so it works nicely.

Anyone want to join me, so we can clean up ATS once and for all? Stars for everyone except thread creators who get flags if they deserve it!!!
edit on 27-6-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Gimme!!

2nd line

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Congrats! Wanna cookie too?!?!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
So posting here is like saying: My names___________and I'm a Star Whore.

Cool. Star me.

link   
Nah just had some muffins thanks lol

Hey, who gave you stars? Did they not read your post regarding no stars for thread creators?!?!

Geez

link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Come on really? But... the star now deliniates the whole premise of the point of the thread.

Someone is messing with my emotions, show yourself horrid star-giver!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Do you hate how you will read something on yahoo and somebody on ATS will post that story just to get some stars? Come on.

link   

LOL, you mean the star whores? Excuse my language hahahah. Yeah they are everywhere.
edit on 28-6-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

It's ok you earned it. I mean, I owe you something for bumping me right?

Or perhaps I owe you something for simply writing any combination of jumbled letters onto my thread.

Wait, who is going to be the arguer? I know one is coming. It'll start "You are just... flat out wrong"

link   

Can I get moons, horseshoes, rainbows, and balloons too with my stars?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrMarc

Can I get moons, horseshoes, rainbows, and balloons too with my stars?

ALL IN A HEARTY BOWL OF LUCKY CHARMS, PART OF A BALANCED NUTRITIONAL DIET.

link   

link   
reply to post by kenny71

Yes I do hate it. Not saying I am not guilty of it somewhere... Back in the boredom days I hope... but since when did ATS become dailymail/yahoo. I mean wtf... But it'll always have some intelligence on it. The OP will say,

"Oh wow this is bad.[insert concise and lame personal and cliche opinion here] What do you think about it ATS?"

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Gave you a star AND a flag

I've seen 1 word off topic posts with at least a half a dozen stars or more. There are certain groups of people who feel a sort or oath bound obligation to star each others' posts.

I like the stars and flags and other crap though, kinda spices things up a bit.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Can I get a mod to take off stars for just my OP? That'd be really nice... and if they join in on the conversation I would be willing to pay them say... oh, does one star sound fair? Others may donate.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Thank you Sir.
Do I get a star for this one too?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I want in on this star orgy too! I'll pitch in by giving all the posts in this thread stars as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

Simply genius. Let me quote what you say and define it, maybe I'll luck out in stars.

space    [speys] Show IPA noun, verb, spaced, spac·ing, adjective noun 1. the unlimited or incalculably great three-dimensional realm or expanse in which all material objects are located and all events occur. 2. the portion or extent of this in a given instance; extent or room in three dimensions: the space occupied by a body. 3. extent or area in two dimensions; a particular extent of surface: to fill out blank spaces in a document. 4. Fine Arts . a. the designed and structured surface of a picture: In Mondrian's later work he organized space in highly complex rhythms. b. the illusion of depth on a two-dimensional surface. 5. outer space.
space

-or-

blank    [blangk] Show IPA adjective, blank·er, blank·est, noun, verb adjective 1. (of paper or other writing surface) having no marks; not written or printed on: a blank sheet of paper. 2. not filled in, as a printed form: a blank check. 3. unrelieved or unbroken by ornament, opening, decoration, etc.: a blank wall. 4. lacking some usual or completing feature: a blank roll of film. 5. (of a recording medium) containing no previously recorded information: a blank videocassette; a blank floppy disk. Compare prerecorded. EXPAND noun 11. a place where something is lacking; an empty space: a blank in one's memory. 12. a space in a printed form, test, etc., to be filled in: Write your name in the blank. 13. a printed form containing such spaces: Have you filled out one of these blanks? 14. a dash put in place of an omitted letter, series of letters, etc., especially to avoid writing a word considered profane or obscene. 15. Metalworking . a piece of metal ready to be drawn, pressed, or machined into a finished object.
blank

See how much work I did? Look how long my post is, I is smart.

link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
Can I get a mod to take off stars for just my OP? That'd be really nice... and if they join in on the conversation I would be willing to pay them say... oh, does one star sound fair? Others may donate.

just accept your fame and move along sir, nothing to see here, carry on.

link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

Hell yeah you do, you asked a question!!!

There is no such thing as a bad question, I mean come on!

edit on 28-6-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join