It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans favour Obama to defend against aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Americans favour Obama to defend against aliens

www.news.com.au

NEARLY two in three Americans think President Barack Obama is better suited than Republican rival Mitt Romney to deal with an alien invasion, according to a survey released today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Publicity stunt?

National geographic channel conducts survey and discovers Obama is the favourite president to save Amercians from Aliens.

I do not believe in Aliens as I have no evidence they exist.

Does Obama know he is the chosen one?

Chasing Aliens is the soon to be released Doco form The National Geographic Channel, So I suspect this is nothing more than media promotion for the show.

It does show us though that popular culture and society have extended far beyond the concervative views held about UFO's and aliens in past decades.

Based on this information is it plausible to suggest that Obama will get relected becasue he is the preferred saviour?

Or do people really even care as they only surveyed a very small percentage of people.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-6-2012 by magma because: content

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Obama can protect the US from aliens.

I think that there might be a few people in Alabama who would disagree.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
That's funny he can't even stop illegal aliens so what makes people think he can stop the space kind?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

So,1114 adults in the US warrants a headline like that?

Are you sure they didn't poll people just on ATS?

Articles like this crack me up.It's Australian propaganda designed to make Americans look stupid

ETA: If Obama gets re elected it won't be because of this

edit on 28-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
honestly wtf, who has even heard that discussion come up once?
and we are the people to have it out of anyone on this planet...

what would Obama do differently than Romney? the answer is NOTHING because the Generals on the ground would be in command from different positions while the president simply authorizes the use of force and all means necessary to continuity of government.

and since most Americans are religious or whatever, wouldn't their bigger fear come from like an invasion of hell or something?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
Articles like this crack me up.It's Australian propaganda designed to make Americans look stupid

So a study done by an American company, polled US citizens and then reported by the Australian media is in fact propaganda instigated by the Aussies?

Just for the record....Australia does not need to propagate American stupidity.......The American's do that on their own already.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Something is odd.

National Geographic Channel, also commercially abbreviated and trademarked as Nat Geo, is a subscription television channel that airs non-fiction television programs produced by the National Geographic Society. Like History and the Discovery Channel, the channel features documentaries with factual content involving nature, science, culture, and history. The channel is owned primarily by Fox Cable Networks, a division of News Corporation. Its primary sister network worldwide, including the United States, is Nat Geo Wild, which focuses on animal programming, including the popular Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan.

National Geographic Channel

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Once again another poll that didn't call me.Obama hates the military,remember Mars Attacks.That would be an Obama response.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
With all that is going on in the world I'm glad people think Obama can handle that eminent situation.

How about Illegal Aliens?

FAIL.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

What does it matter who did the poll? It's posted on an australian news site,correct?

And 1,114 people hardly represents any countries opinon let alone the US.

And the text under the picture also cracks me up :

"Eleven percent of Americans told a survey they were confident they had spotted a UFO."

So,11% eh? And they gathered that from the 1,000 they surveyed?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Hate to say it but he is.

All Obama has to do is "say let me be clear, and then blame the GOP,the evil rich,corporations. and cry those aliens a river how there are poor people, and those without healthcare, and then evil guns, and Arizona needs to be the first to go either that or he will bore them to death with his great "Speeches".

Meh.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
.It's Australian propaganda designed to make Americans look stupid

Yeah, because that is the sole interest of our country.

By the way, we don't require much, if any assistance to achieve that goal for the most part

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
What would he do ? Throw golf balls at them ? Are you serious ?
Obummmer protect US from aliens?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Based on this information is it plausible to suggest that Obama will get relected becasue he is the preferred saviour?

I see someone watches a lot of Sean Hannity. That's the only person in the world that calls Obama the chosen one.

The premise of this thread seems to be who can take the cheapest shot at the President. So, with that, I'll leave, I thought maybe it would be a thread of some import, however this is just a sad attempt at attacking this administration for something that they had no part in producing.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

So,1114 adults in the US warrants a headline like that?

The same 1114 adults in the US who were polled and asked if they were in favor of the iraqi war, and they were

There are over 300 million Americans and the mainstream wants us to believe that these 1114 adults in the US speak for every Americans in the country.

I think not.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Obama won't even let Arizona protect itself from illegal aliens flooding across it's own border. How the heck is Obama going to suddenly become protective and protect the entire country from space aliens???

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by magma

I see someone watches a lot of Sean Hannity. That's the only person in the world that calls Obama the chosen one.

I see someone refuses to acknowledge the self-messianic language that Obama used ... Read up and tell us all again how Obama himself, and his minions, don't think he's a saviour or chosen one?

TONS of Quotes from the left on Obama being 'the chosen one' - click here and read

"... a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany ... and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama" - Barack Obama Lebanon, New Hampshire. January 7, 2008

"I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless. This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth." - Barack Obama St. Paul June 3, 2008

etc etc etc

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
First, my compliments to magma for beating me out in posting this. Secondly, I agree that the poll has no statistical significance and was done entirely to generate publicity for the National Geographic television series. My thoughts about that series are posted elsewhere. Finally, I think the results accurately reflect the perception that President Obama has proven to be very effective in the field of foreign relations. (Which is why the GOP is focusing on the economy and hot button social issues.) If aliens invaded the Earth, diplomacy would be needed to create a unified response. Obama could do that, Romney would probably try to go it alone.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It's true, him, Jeff Goldblum and Will Smith will make those aliens wish they had never set tentacle on Earth!

I still say any civilisation that has advanced that far without destroying itself will most likely be peaceful.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join