It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Saves Boy From Drowning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Video at link.

The (bad) mother lost track of her son, and went searching for him. She found him in the pool (not fenced off properly, hence bad mother) being held out of the water by the family dog, Bear, a black lab. The dog would not move a muscle, and had the boy balanced on his back. The little boys lips were blue, his eyes rolled back, and apparently the mother was unable to contact 911 so she drove to the nearest fire station. Now we can armchair what we would have done differently as a dog. Drug the boy out of the pool, barked for help, learned how to telepathically communicate with the mother... If the story is legit (and I concede it's rather hard to believe a mother with an open pool that loses track of her child) that boy deserves some treats and a tummy rub. It's pretty cute to watch him interact with the kid. Barks a lot, kid doesn't flinch, nudges the ball back to play.

Animals, and especially dogs are truly amazing. Dogs are much more aware than most people care to give them credit for, and truly love the pack. I've seen some pretty mean and very large dogs act like kittens around their kids, and some little sissy dogs go berserk if they feel a loved one is threatened.

If I ever have a child I think I am going to be sure to have the following breeds to assist me. Border collies to heard the mini Domo, Pit Bulls for play and for snuggles (there is a reason they were called the 'nanny dog'), a few Dobermans for play time and protection, a lab or two for water rescue and wiggles, and a German Shepard to watch over the pack. Oh, and mutts because I love them. Dog ranch!

Link
edit on 27-6-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Agreed, my doggies through the years raised some fine kids.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I want to love on the dogs in the avatar. I can't imagine growing up without dogs, must be awful. It's good to know you helped the pups raise your kids

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Animals in general have been underrated for lack of superior term, from personalities, to brain levels Etc,

Bravo

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
ah wooo ah woo

edit on 3-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

join