It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duke Nukem at TTR?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I was reviewing my "Area 51" trip pictures from first week of June, 2012, and came across this one. This is the main gate for TTR (Tonopah Test Range) at 37°53'8.02"N, 116°45'42.69"W. Now correct me if I am wrong, but that is definitely Duke Nukem! Who will they hire next... Chuck Norris?

edit on 27-6-2012 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Only the best sir, only the best.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Wow.

A soldier with a crew-cut.

Who would of thunk it?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
No way, that's Johnny Bravo!

edit on 27-6-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I would start looking for Gordon Freeman. And if you see him run cause trouble follows that man like a lost puppy.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
It's time to chew ass and kick bubblegum, and I'm all outta bu... wait, that's not right..

oO

It would have been better if it was Serious Sam Stone..

gotta reinstall steam to get this again now... damn.. hehe

edit on 28-6-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Rather than haircut it looks more like a cover.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Ahhh...one of my favorite game characters.
Nice find!

Although I know it's ridiculous to try and compare a real man to a fictional one...
This is a close comparison if I must say so myself.

He has the stance, the build, the haircut, and shades.
It's Duke.

'nuf said.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
It's time to chew ass and kick bubblegum, and I'm all outta bu... wait, that's not right..
oO
It would have been better if it was Serious Sam Stone..

gotta reinstall steam to get this again now... damn.. hehe

edit on 28-6-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

I loves me some Serious Sam. The new one is good!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The first "Half Life" had some serious camo dudes. And these dudes weren't your average dumb arse PC game dude that just stands there and takes a lickin'. If you throw a grenade at the dude too soon after pulling the pin, they pick it up and throw it back at you.

The TTR as shown in the photo is common for the weekend. My recollection is they call that the "able" gate. The Cedar Gate, which connects to the ET Highway, is open on the weekend.

I'm not sure if the TTR works on the weekend, but there are sometimes training exercises by the reserves that occur on the weekend, so the contractors need to get to that part of the range to staff the "threats". I had camped out at the TTR on a Saturday not expecting much and it turns out there was an exercise on the range with significant action occurring south of the TTR.

www.lazygranch.com...

I haven't played the audio in a while, but IIRC, the person running the show points out that some vehicle in the area is not a player. Uh, good thing. ;-)

If you had to pick a location to camp out on the weekend, I'd suggest Stonewall Mountain. It is closer to the bombing ranges.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Looking at the photo, that appears to be a monopole antenna, maybe 3 to 3.5 meters long. Figure it is a half wave since there is no ground plane. That would be 6 or so meters. Could be in the 40 to 50 MHz range.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

The new one is a lot better than SS2, which failed miserably. But it still didn't have that same feel, imo.

But again I'm reminded to reinstall that too, I have SSfe/SSse on steam, sadly the multiplayers is ruined, but I still have the old old old copy of the original from way back when, with the real servers...

Amazingly, FunFun still run servers on red station, lol.. but I miss Hole. And I ping at 300ms+ on funfun, so tidak bagoose

the games of SS in all encounters are sadly underrated. they are hell fun and timeless imo

haha it was also fun to be on the ss forums when ss2 was coming out, the guy who does the voice of sam was ripping on people who couldn't even finish the demo.. made a Wav file saying "Hah, This is the demo, and I can't even finish it!" hahah classic, something to that effect anyway, was a good local craic at the time

top topics

join