It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds June 25th (Video) Washington State

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
For the past week I have been hearing sounds in the sky that last only about a minute or less. I live north of Marysville, WA. I have had 2 other witnesses to these sounds but I am hopeful that some other ATS-ers live in the area and can catch it on video as well. Every time the sounds start I do my best to confirm it then run outside to film it. Usually I miss most parts of it.

I live next to a main road. A train runs through the valley. A small airport is about 7 miles away. I-5 is 3 miles away. Boeing field is 15 miles South of me (the opposite direction of the sound). And the Puget Sound is 7 miles to the west of me. I have lived here for 17 years and have never heard anything like this.

It's not a plane. They are frequent and distinct. It's not a train because the train is in the other direction. It's not a truck down shifting or using compression brakes. For proof of that I could record what that sounds like and post if necessary. The sound seems far off and starts loud every time then seems to travel west and curve south in the distance as it grows quieter.

I learned that fracking is going on on the other side of the Puget Sound so I doubt its that.

I have two very short videos from my iPhone that caught the sounds after they started. The sound will need to be turned up but you won't miss it. It sounds somewhat like an A-10 tank buster shooting a Vulcan gun in the sky. I was a marine so I know that sound and that is as close as I can come to describing it.

Since I don't have an ability to post video here I want to give a link to where I've posted them on youtube

jumpy to YouTube

Really hoping someone else here can corroborate with other videos. The sounds have been less frequent since Monday.

Cheers

update:
I will be working in the yard tomorrow (weather permitting) and I will make it a priority to record every loud sound that I hear. Trains, Planes, Trucks, Heavy Machinery... There is a lot of speculation as to what it could be so I am going to do a sound comparison like the last video and I will write on screen what each sound is so that everyone can hear the difference. When I am done I will update it hear. Thanks to everyone who is contributing.

edit on 28-6-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
You sure its not a moped going past?

I realise it might have sounded different IRL, but based on that recording its a plausible explanation IMO.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Over in the Puget Sound area, NW of you.

Was wondering when someone would post about the "the sounds" in my neck of the woods.

Haven't heard them myself, but am on the side of this can't be some huge hoax.

Would love to confirm, and I will keeps my ears peeled. Problem is, these jets seem like they go 24/7 with this 3rd runway... and there's times I feel like I can hit em with a rock, so makes hearing sky sounds kinda tough lol.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

That is pretty creepy, actually.

I've heard sounds here in Texas out in the country that sound like a loud refrigerator compressor and then quit suddenly. Kind of a Hum. Not real loud though. But it's dead quiet here usually.

Can you describe the sound you are hearing? Maybe it sounds different in person than in the video.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
You sure its not a moped going past?

I realise it might have sounded different IRL, but based on that recording its a plausible explanation IMO.

No proof that it's not a moped, but from the distance to the road that it would be on it would be one hell of a loud moped. Also, the hill on that road goes for a very good distance. I cant imagine being able to hear a moped grind up the hill sometimes and then just stop mid hill and then other times have it go up and turn left into the forest behind my place. Plausible though, I wish I was close enough to run over to the road and check but it is about 1/2 a mile away.

I just check and the only place to turn left would be a little over a mile away up the hill and slightly over the crest.

thanks for the input.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Same sound being heard all over the world that no-one can explain. In my opinion- Alien

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Farmhouse22
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

That is pretty creepy, actually.

I've heard sounds here in Texas out in the country that sound like a loud refrigerator compressor and then quit suddenly. Kind of a Hum. Not real loud though. But it's dead quiet here usually.

Can you describe the sound you are hearing? Maybe it sounds different in person than in the video.

I did describe it in the post. Vulcan gun from an A-10?

Definitely does sound different in person. More of a feeling to it and slight rumble to the house but not a shaking. I see with your comment that you have heard it better and louder where you live but I don't see a video to back it. That was my whole point, I have a video and have been chasing this for a week. Get us some video of yours and let others see what they think of your "loud refrigerator"

We almost all have a camera in our pockets. If any of you have an example, lets hear it please.

Cheers

update: after re-reading my response to you I sounded kind of duche-y Sorry. Didn't mean to.

Cheers again
edit on 27-6-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
OK Just went outside. I'm hearing it now. Sounds like a rumbling and a hum together. It's a machinery type sound mixed in with what sounds like someone blowing air over a coke bottle. Kind of sound a hollow object makes when wind blows across it.

Maybe one of the neighbors is digging a giant prepper tunnel in the rock.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazz87

I know what you mean with the jets. My video shows that one of them actually fooled me. Thanks for keeping an ear out. I almost never hear them in the afternoon or night. That's what leads me to believe it must be some kind of daytime equipment being used, if you listen to the video it ends very strangely. That is what I look for when I try to record it, it repeats several times then just stops.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Farmhouse22

Just tried to record it on the iphone. Nothing. Just a hiss.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Farmhouse22
reply to post by Farmhouse22

Just tried to record it on the iphone. Nothing. Just a hiss.

At least you tried. It took me listening to it on a good speaker system before I believed that I had something. Have you tried that?

Also, hear is a better thread than mine about the collection of info regarding the sounds.

someone else's bursting thread

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Cool!

I became interested in this phenomena during the "Clintonville Booms". There is still some strange stuff going on up around Michigan and in Canada.

It's a little different but somehow I think it's connected.

I posted several threads on these strange sounds. Like most I think some are hoaxes but not all.

Right now I'm at a dead end. I've just run out of ideas and nobody else seems to know for sure. Well I'm sure somebody knows but they aren't talking.......yet.

I think it has something to do with our 'shield'. Something like the electromagnetic field is shifting or weakening.

My other guess is some secret type of aircraft. It could be haarp....I've read so many theories like I said nobody seems to know.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

My other guess is some secret type of aircraft. It could be haarp....I've read so many theories like I said nobody seems to know.

I have done a lot of snooping into haarp. Man, when you try to describe that to someone for the first time they look at you sideways. And last night I showed the video to a Boeing flight "something-or-other" (he won't tell me exactly what he does but it has to do with engineering the planes at Everett Boeing Field) he said he didn't think that it could be a plan, too close to the ground from my description.

Thanks for the input

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7
reply to post by Mrgone

Same sound being heard all over the world that no-one can explain. In my opinion- Alien

Of course it is to you. We would expect nothing less of you considering your track record.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by Apollo7
reply to post by Mrgone

Of course it is to you. We would expect nothing less of you considering your track record.

Track record?

Please be respectful in my forum post. Or at the very least back a statement like that with a little more effort.

Your comment is not on topic and only aimed at the commenter. I don't find that appropriate. My request to you is to keep to the topic and not to make accusations of the posters here.

Thanks for checking the posts.

gone

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Here you go...

Lovely area that - I miss it! And the noises? Wow, I just don't know what to say... Keep us posted!

peace

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank you for doing that. You rock and

I must learn where that youTube video # is...

Also, It is so green and lush here right now from the rains. You can practically hear the grass growing.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Hi. I live a bit north of you, in Blaine Washington. Years back I heard a strange noise that I could not find out the source of. I did a lot of research and I think you will find my thread here of interest: www.abovetopsecret.com... Does the noise you are hearing have a vibratory effect? Can you "feel" it as well as hear it? In the clip all I can hear is a high pitched almost siren like sound.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67
Does the noise you are hearing have a vibratory effect? Can you "feel" it as well as hear it? In the clip all I can hear is a high pitched almost siren like sound.

It will make a difference if you listen to the video on a good set of speakers loudly. I recorded it with an iPhone 3G.

Also, yes. I have started to learn the difference between the feeling or vibration that accompanies it and the sounds of say a train approaching. I am sure that my girlfriend is getting sick of me shushing her in the middle of her sentence every time I "think" that I can hear it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Hi there! I live just a bit north of you in Sedro Woolley. I have been hearing this for the past couple of years now. I have made a couple of threads on it, which include video/audio. It is really hard to capture though, due to the tone of it, you did a good job! Back in February it wasthe loudest I'd ever heard it. Several of my friends heard it too and the police even got involved. The final report was that they were told by the Naval base in oak harbor that they were testing some jets on the runway....hmmmm. Still not sure what I think about that.

I have some links in my sig to the threads and several recordings...also, I heard it quite often today. Did you? I think it is still going on right now...guess I have just gotten used to it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join