It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Loud Noise Over Bodmin, Cornwall. Sound recording and Map etc included.

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Sitting at my desk near the back door of my house and my son and I have been hearing a strange rumbling noise for the past couple of hours. There is nothing in the direction of the sounds apart from fields/hill and cattle so no obvious source of the sound.

Here's my current location, with details of direction of noise and exactly where I am:


Confirmation of my location using my iPhone 4S and Navigation Software:


&



and the recording of the sound, hope you can listen to it.

www.oneclickphotography.co.uk...

Recorded using the Voice Recorder application that comes as standard with the iPhone 4S. This is straight from the phone via email as it was the quickest way to get it onto my PC.

The sound is definitely mechanical, almost like a truck engine ticking over with the added sound of wind blowing over the end of a large pipe. I have heard slight sounds around this area before but nothing as loud as this.

I am assuming it's the same sound that's being heard around the world by various people but of course have no confirmation of this.

Can you guys take a listen and see if it's the same as is being reported else where. Freaking my son out right now but no one else seems bothered by it, at least there's no one out listening to it too.

Got me stumped!
edit on 27-6-2012 by StarTraveller because: Sound link fixed.




posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Sorry your sound link is not working

That alot of details hope you get the sound working.




edit on 27-6-2012 by Dolby_X because: Surroud



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Thanks for letting me know about the sound. I will recode it to mp3 so hopefully you guys can listen to it. Oh and the direction of sound should have been 307 degree's NW not N



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Just to add, link to sound file in the original post fixed but here it is again for those that missed it:

www.oneclickphotography.co.uk...

It's now converted to an MP3, no filters or messing around. Straight from the phone and recoded to mp3.
edit on 27-6-2012 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Had to bust out the good phones for this. You describe the sounds pretty accurately.

Couple of questions:
Could you have driven in that direction?
Have you confirmed with anyone else in the area?
Did you call the authorities to see if anyone deleted anythig?

Just some suggestions. Thanks for sharing. I will have a video thread with strange sounds by my house from a few days ago. This post makes 20 for me so I will have it up soon. (me=noob)

Great maps and stuff. Keep us posted.
Cheers



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Is its the noises in the sky many other people report hearing?



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I can kind of hear it. Wish it was more audible. Which part of the UK is this at (for those of us unfamiliar with the UK)?
edit on 27-6-2012 by UnaChispa because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
Which part of the UK is this at (for those of us unfamiliar with the UK)?
edit on 27-6-2012 by UnaChispa because: (no reason given)


What part of "google maps" is too hard for you to work ?



posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Sounds like gunshots to me.



posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
We've had lots of thunder rattling around the UK today, moving up from the South towards the North.

Sounds like that.



posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Sorry I farted :-)



posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hi there.

Just a couple of ideas.

Anything happening at the Cornwall show ground?

Bodmin, Cornwall, Tin mines? Gold Mines? I believe that some of the old ones have been re-opened recently.

Clay, I seem to remember that there used to be an old railway that moved clay from some place nearbye, to maybe the coast, Wadebridge? They re-opend a pit?

Finally, they have coupled all the wind turbines together and are using them to move Cornwall Westward, away from Devon, Hehe.



posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shminkee Pinkee
Sorry I farted :-)


wow, and how old are you?

anyway, to be on topic, i have heard the same sounds here, nowhere near as frequent though. wish my phone would pick these sounds up. cant wait to find out what the sounds really are, if that ever happens. thanks for the vid...

peace



posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone
Had to bust out the good phones for this. You describe the sounds pretty accurately.

Couple of questions:
Could you have driven in that direction?
Have you confirmed with anyone else in the area?
Did you call the authorities to see if anyone deleted anythig?

Just some suggestions. Thanks for sharing. I will have a video thread with strange sounds by my house from a few days ago. This post makes 20 for me so I will have it up soon. (me=noob)

Great maps and stuff. Keep us posted.
Cheers


There is no where to drive in that direction, just fields and hills buddy. No one else has said anything which is odd but I know there were storms further North but these were not coming from North unless there is something I am missing lol.

I haven't called the Police because we have a very limited number operating at that time of the morning and it would just take up what little resources are available (and would probably make me look like a loon hehe)




Originally posted by Oystermon
Is its the noises in the sky many other people report hearing?


Coming from the Horizon, not from ground and not from the sky if that makes any sense.


Originally posted by dowot
Hi there.

Just a couple of ideas.

Anything happening at the Cornwall show ground?

Bodmin, Cornwall, Tin mines? Gold Mines? I believe that some of the old ones have been re-opened recently.

Clay, I seem to remember that there used to be an old railway that moved clay from some place nearbye, to maybe the coast, Wadebridge? They re-opend a pit?

Finally, they have coupled all the wind turbines together and are using them to move Cornwall Westward, away from Devon, Hehe.



Cornwall at the moment is pretty quiet, no events or concerts on. RCSG is currently empty too, The Royal Cornwall Show was a couple of weeks ago and all thats going on there around this time of year are the occasional horse events. I haven't heard of any mines re-opening around here although I know some have been revisited further down south but again not in this direction. No trains come anywhere near Bodmin a this time of the morning either.

Got me stumped completely. Will see if anything is heard this evening although at the moment (2055 GMT) everything is normal apart from being hot and muggy.

Thanks for the suggestions, questions and thoughts so far.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Originally posted by Shminkee Pinkee
Sorry I farted :-)


wow, and how old are you?

anyway, to be on topic, i have heard the same sounds here, nowhere near as frequent though. wish my phone would pick these sounds up. cant wait to find out what the sounds really are, if that ever happens. thanks for the vid...

peace


you are on a forum discussing mysterious sounds, which are most likely natural and you are asking how old I am, dear oh dear



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Do they do military training in that area? Sounded like gun fire. Or maybe it was the Bodmin beast.



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Do they do military training in that area? Sounded like gun fire. Or maybe it was the Bodmin beast.


No, not that I am aware of buddy



new topics




 
5

log in

join