It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Eats Uranium, Drinks and Swims In Reactor Water, Ignites Plutonium In His Bare Hand

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Apparently radioactive material isn’t as dangerous as the EPA has made it out to be.

From the video notes:

Galen Winsor is a nuclear physicist of renown who worked at, and helped design, nuclear power plants in Hanford, WA; Oak Ridge, TN; Morris, IL, San Jose, CA; Wimington, NJ. Among his positions of expertise he was in charge of measuring and controlling the nuclear fuel inventory and storage.

Galen Winsor has traveled and lectured all over America, spoken on national talk radio, and made several videos exposing the misunderstood issues of nuclear radiation. He shows that fear of radiation has been exaggerated to scare people … so a few powerful people can maintain total control of the world’s most valuable power resource. Filmed by Ben Williams in 1986.

In the video, you can watch Galen lick a pile of highly radioactive uranium off the palm of his hand and ignite a chunk of plutonium into a shower of flaming dust. The guy also drank reactor cooling pool water for fun and liked to go swimming in the pool to relax. He also spiked the basement flooring of his own home with enough radioactive material to send any Geiger counter reading off the scale to disprove the fear mongering surrounding radon at the time.

Galen surmises the regulations and fear mongering that surround radioactive materials are in place to prevent the widespread adoption of nuclear power in local small scale neighborhood/home based reactors. Galen also points out that hot nuclear “waste” can be effectively turned into a safe power source through thermionic conversion, which is how the U.S. submarine navigation network was powered. The heat it gives off can also be used to safely heat homes.

He points out that nuclear “waste” is worth roughly $10 million (in 1986 dollars) a ton if it were to be reprocessed to collect its useful isotopes, so all of this talk about trying to bury it is a sham. He says the power companies are holding all the waste with the intent of playing the plutonium futures market. The “waste” could be stored above ground in already constructed buildings meeting all the regulatory requirements without the need to have these outrageous basalt mines dug into mountains. The only reason he can think of for these underground vaults is to hide bodies/evidence that the state doesn’t want uncovered.

At its core, he says federal controls over nuclear material is about maintaining power and control over the masses through the denial of self-sufficient power sources. Obviously if one had a personal sized power source that was cheap and efficient, they wouldn’t need to be connected to the “grid” for anything. The power grid is the control grid our rulers use to keep us under their thumbs.

He also says Three Mile Island was an intentionally created disaster, and that a core meltdown could not melt its way deep into the Earth.

----

This article first appeared on LibertarianNews.org. I am Michael Suede, the author of this article. This article is public domain.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Really? I have one word for you: Chernobyl.
I don't care if you can eat it or swim in it. If a meltdown can cause an incident like that, keep it the hell away from me, please.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Not to put down your article or anything, but this story would be a LOT cooler if he got superpowers.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Really? I have one word for you: Chernobyl.
I don't care if you can eat it or swim in it. If a meltdown can cause an incident like that, keep it the hell away from me, please.

Nuclear reactors can be designed to be safe, effective, and small.

See U.S. nuclear fleet.

There is no reason for a Chernobyl, or any other disaster, to occur if the reactors are designed correctly.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This is very interesting!

I'm going to research this guy for a bit and make sure he's legit...

I'll be back with a better opinion in a little while.

Thanks for the information!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Nuclear industry spokesperson, and he doesnt really look human. Possibly an ET droid. Many people die from radiation. So its bunk.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
what? this was made in the early 80's
is this guy still alive?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I did not watch the movie because its a hr long, maybe some other time. What I would like to know is how he explains Chernobyl and people that work at these plants getting sick?

Maybe he is just doing the same thing Tesla did to get the public behind nucular energy, only he is lieing about its effect. Why would the Goverments want the people to think its unsafe when they use it?
edit on 27-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Nuclear industry spokesperson, and he doesnt really look human. Possibly an ET droid.
did you really just say that?
wow

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Of course there is no immediate effect.
I bet this guy is having problems now though.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

He did it for several years on the lecture.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
nvm delete.
edit on 27-6-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

I forgot about this...

People who get lung cancer generally die from the radioactive pallonium in the tobacco. It usually takes 10-20 years to manifest.

So yeah, how is this guy doing 10-20 years after he started eating this stuff

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I would encourage anyone willing to believe this to try this experiment for themselves.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchoCapitalist

Pardon me, but knowing how hot reactor pools get.......

How did this guy exactly swim in one?

Thnking this is a bunch of bunk........

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I am EXTREMELY skeptical about this one. He handled fissile material with his own hands and he lived? I just don't know if this is possible. All of the material mentioned is known to be extremely dangerous to DNA; it actually destroys it. But, there is this guy:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I have long held the belief of mind over matter. And for instance i propose a theory. Those whom present themselves to the ultraviolet rays of our sun while stressed or depressed, will burn. Those with positive mindsets in the same circumstance, tan. Mind over matter exists, and our consciousness is the dictator.

EDIT: Same goes for sickness and disease. Stress causes problems with the immune system. Stress also causes cancer, the body fighting the source from the inside out.
edit on 27-6-2012 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchoCapitalist

This just goes to prove, over exposure to radiation causes brain damage first....

Des

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think we've all known and seen the after affects and the damage that radiation causes. Some of the worst suffering this world has to offer and we engineered it.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I knew i seen this guy before

It's not like alcohol is bad for you, the adds on tv say it's good. oh wait.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join