It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Structured Triangle UFO Photographed Over San Francisco - June 25, 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I was looking through MUFON's last 20 sighting reports section when I found this interesting picture.

It appears to show a structured triangular craft with lights on each corner hovering over San Francisco:

The report partnering the photograph is extremely vague and lacks almost any detail.

Hover triangle with Lights over SE San Francisco 062512

took this photo of a strange triangle with 3 lights hovering silently over SE San Francisco.
Photo taken from 947 Folsom Street, evening of 062512 at around 8.30pm

The light configuration looks almost as if this is a possible plane, but you can see a triangular structure of the underside of the craft. The report also casts doubt on the airplane explanation in that the object was hovering silently.

I don't have an explanation for this case, what do you guys think?
edit on 27-6-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: changed title, changed wording, fixed spelling, fixed image link

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Wow! That is fantastic! Any photoshop experts to debunk?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahon
Wow! That is fantastic! Any photoshop experts to debunk?

It doesn't look photoshopped to me, but I'm definitely no expert.

I just wish we had more of a description of what happened.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'd love to see the original, and not the cropped photo. The one posted has been resized to 1024x768.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm going to go ahead and guess that this is probably photoshopped,even though I hope it isn't. If it isn't there HAS to be someone else who saw that thing and photographed it.Especially given the time of the sighting.I'm off to see what I can find.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
UFO Casebook has posted a snippet about the sighting:

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

I still say this is shopped. I was searching earlier and found nothing else about it.Certainly a sighting like this would've been reported to the news.And someone else would've captured it on film.Hell,I know if I caught this and it was legit,I'd want to know what the eff it was.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Not much of an expert with photoshop but rather with its free equivalent. This can be easily faked, considering it's small and can be made to blend in with the background.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Not much of an expert with photoshop but rather with its free equivalent. This can be easily faked, considering it's small and can be made to blend in with the background.

I think this is an all to common trap that we fall into, it can be faked therefore the assumption is it must be faked, but how true is that? A driving licence can be faked it does not mean all driving licences are fake though for example.

In this modern digital age absolutely anything can be faked, whether on video or photograph and if the author of the fake is competent enough it would be extremely difficult to disprove. I still however don't think we should just arbitrarily rule out every single photo or video evidence that comes forward.

I think it is fine to be sceptical, but not to the point where the mind becomes closed, I am not implying your mind is closed by the way, just making the point in general. And as I said there is not a video or photograph that cannot be faked, I just don't think this means all photos are fake

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Independently of whether the image is real, my opinion of images such as these is that they hold very little value.

Not surprisingly, most UFOs are simply dots of light in a dark sky, exactly because this form of evidence is so ambiguous that the cause is not readily or reliably discerned.

Not to discount the effort to catalog and identify these types of images, but after a while it's difficult to escape a sense of pointlessness. In the end there isn't sufficient information in three dots of light that can conclusively establish the cause as unknown. There are light in the sky? Big deal.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I think its a small model with 3 led lights hanging from the street light, you can even see what looks like a straight line directly above the object where a string would reflect glare from the light.
very easy to throw a stone attached to a piece of string over the light and pull up the model.
Not shopped but a model.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Looks like standard aircraft nav light s to me. Port/Starboard red/green, with some sort of landing light on top. The perception looks triangular but I expect it's optical illusion of sorts.

Is it just me or can you clearly see the green and red lights at the bottom half of the "triangle".

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Yes, there's little usable information with this photo:

- EXIF data:

- JPEGSnoop assessment:

So, the only thing that we can say for sure is that the photo was modified, under Apple Framework.... for what it worth.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
r/c plane with led lights?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
For what it's worth I am a Photoshop expert and my analysis of fakery follows below:

Here is the craft in question blown up to show the light structures. I was looking for any evidence of airbrushing, which I thought I saw at first. The reason I thought it may have been airbrushed is because when airbrushing you get the similar outlines on the circles, like the photo has.

However, I wasn't able to replicate the "squiggly" like circles that the craft in question has for it's lights. Yes, I could have easily made a custom brush for each of the three lights and adjusted some of the feathering and brush mode styles, but I didn't have time for that. So I decided to dig down some more and see what an airplane flying at night would look like with it's lights turned on and blown up to roughly the same size as this triangle-esque craft.

Source for airplane flying at night

And here is the airplane again with only two of the center lights blown up to match more closely to the triangle craft.

As you can see, the airplane lights (which we can all agree is an actual airplane by visiting the source link) and the triangle craft with the three colored lights have their light structures match up exactly. It seems to be that both have somewhat of a square shape around their lights, the squiggly-ish circles that form the lights, and the little black border around the lights. For all intents and purposes, this photo has not been faked. I've been working with Photoshop, professionally, for almost a decade and know the tricks to photo editing.

Does that mean this is a genuine UFO sighting? Probably not. I'm willing to guess that it's one of those RC planes with LED lights on it.

Also to elevenaugust's, point: Yes this photo has been edited, but the only form of editing has been cropping down the size of the photo.
edit on 28-6-2012 by duhdiggitydan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
^ Thanks for the in-depth analysis man

Cant stand it when people come right out and say thats been photoshopped without backing up their statement

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Seems like a lot of those little triangle things with the same lights pop up from time to time, all of them look about the same apparent size as well. I've seen a few videos and pictures where they have red, green, blue and different colored lights changing. There was a good video recently from Australia if I'm not mistaken, with a bunch of guys cussing and going on about a UFO that looked like damn near the same thing.

Couldn't tell you if it's a hoax or not, but it seems to be a recurring theme.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'd have to guess it's a survailence blimp. But I have no insite on what species the driver is.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Did some work on the photo's and this is what I came up with.

This is the original photo from the report from MUFON.

IMG1723.jpg

These are copies of the photo that I enhanced.

Hope's this helps some.
If it's not faked....
Drone perhaps?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I of course want to believe it's real. Back in 2004, a trusted friend of mine brought me first hand video footage of a triangular UFO he recorded from his moving vehicle, the UFO showed the most incredible pulsing, almost liquid lights. It was jaw dropping, I started the video in doubt, I ended the video completely convinced. He sent the footage out to some university without making copies and he never heard a thing about it.

However, most triangular ufo photos end up being airplanes.....doh!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join