It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 911 JOKE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Has enough time passed to make joke about 911?

If not, how much time needs to pass before it is no longer considered taboo?

This is a joke I have been telling for about 5 years or so now to my fellow workers and friends and I usually get the same response. I am known at work for my dark humor and saying some outrageous things sometimes to see just what kind of reaction I will get. I get with comments with things like "man, I cant believe you just said that" or " your a trip" along with their well guarded laugh.

Many times, especially recently, people have been answering it correctly!!!

It really is not that bad of a joke and it is not all that funny but the looks that I get after I tell it makes it all worth it.

What was the biggest tragedy of 911?

I will not provide the answer right now but I will wait 24--48 hours for a couple of reasons.

1. If the MODS feel this is inappropriate at this time by all means remove or lock this thread and I apologize.

2. I am curious how long it will take before I get the correct answer to the joke.

edit on 6/27/2012 by Classified Info because: left something out

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Classified Info

A guy at work just made a joke about 9/11 today....

he had a makeshift towel on his head and grabbed a boxcutter....

I told him that he better not get caught looking at any air planes strange like with that kind of get-up.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Has enough time passed to make jokes about Jonestown?

It was really horrible, and I don't remember any pundits cracking jokes about it. However, there was one really good joke about Jonestown, but it never caught on, because...

[wait for it]

...the punchline was too long.

[I have no idea about the biggest tragedy of 9/11.]
edit on 27-6-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

There are those who will not stand for it because they were directly effected by it, losing a family member, for example. Others, who are not directly effected, would often not stand for it if they are too sensitive (not a bad thing, just a statement). Then there are those whose curiosity is too much to handle and just want to hear the joke.

As I don't have the patience, please at least message me the punchline.

Thank you in advance

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

That's freaking hilarious! I will be using that in the future.

I'm not sure what the answer is to the OP. But tosh.0 had a funny joke video, he had his viewers film something you don't walk into a room and shout. The last clip a guy walks into an office and says "SEPTEMBER 10th! You know what tomorrow is! Party at my house!"

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I've got one. What was the last thing going through Mr. Jones' head while working on the 90th floor of the world trade center? The 91st floor.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Gilbert Gottfried made a joke about it within a month of it happening at the Hugh Hefner roast. This is the joke.

‘I have to leave early tonight, I have to fly out to L.A. I couldn’t get a direct flight, I have to make a stop at the Empire State Building,”

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'll narrow it down a bit. Most of the people that I know are not familiar with the details of 911 so the conversation would go something like this:

What was the biggest tragedy of 911?

Ummm....flight 93????????

Yeah it was one of the planes involved in the 911 attacks.

Ohh...man I'll never forget what happened to the towers and the poor people trapped inside them.

No No No. Flight 93 was the plane that crashed in Shanksville.

So I'll rephrase it:

What was the biggest tragedy concerning flight 93?
edit on 6/27/2012 by Classified Info because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by poppycock

I forgot about that one. Makes me want to puke every time I see it. Soldiers are dying and he is standing there making jokes about his administrations WMD B.S. He sends people off to war to die over a bogus reason and he makes jokes about it.

Disgusting!

edit on 6/27/2012 by Classified Info because: grammer

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Well, this is an odd way to tell a joke. Just stand there, waiting for people to guess the punchline...

I really have no idea what the punchline to this joke is....

So, I will just say " I don't know. What was the biggest tragedy of 9/11?"

I think it just depends on the person, whether or not such a joke is acceptable...For example,I find this particular joke, below, funny.

Vote Truth_2012 for ATS Regent
edit on 27-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think it depends on how close 9/11 hits home. This being said I think once there is a new generation, jokes will be accepted by more. The new generation will not have watch the towers fall or know of the people that were killed.

I could appreciate a joke about the subject as long as the person telling it isn't a complete jerk (kinda hypocritical)

I remember right after 9/11 there was the joke what does Mayor Giuliani and Fred Flinestone have in common?....when they look outside their window they both see rumble. < - Take it as you will but people were making jokes right away.

As for yours, I don't have a guess but I will check back for an answere

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I see the official story itself as a joke.

V: And then a ragtag group of hijackers hijacked the plane...
Q: Uh huh...
V: Eluding the entire might of the U.S. air force, flying through three states, they lined the plane up perfectly... to hit Tower Two!
Q: That's a great one!
V: And then Tower Seven came down for no explicable reason at all!
Q: Guffaw! My knee hurts from slapping it so much!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

It missed its intended target.

I am making a couple of assumptions here. For purposes of this joke I'll take as fact in what some "truthers" claim that the innocent passengers on that flight got off at Cleveland or some thing like that.

I am also assuming the intended target was Congress and not the White House or some other target. I think both sides agree that Washington DC was the intended target though. I believe that hitting Congress makes more sense than hitting the White House.

If you side with the "truthers" and believe the Bush administration played a direct role in these attacks Congress would be the obvious choice. A direct hit before any of the scum of congress could escape would have been the masterstroke to the entire operation.

There is no longer a sitting congress, what is the executive branch of the government to do? You issue some kind of emergency executive order giving the President near dictatorial powers arguably out of necessity. It would have been the jewel to the entire operation.

Not the funniest of jokes I tell it just because of the reaction I get from peoples faces. But here in the last couple of weeks I have had two people get the answer right without hesitation. It blew me away, that has never happened before. Most people do not even know what Flight 93 had to do with. For those that know it had something to do with 911 most think it was one of the flights that hit the towers. And now a couple of people at work aware what Flight 93 was and then had the same answer as me....it blew me away.

P.S

Now that I hinted, albeit a joke, that taking out of Congress by terrorist might have been a good thing.....does that make me a terrorist??? A terrorist sympathizer??? Will Homeland Security break down my doors in the middle of the night and send me down to Gitmo never to be seen or heard from again?

edit on 6/27/2012 by Classified Info because: typed were instead of work

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Classified Info

It missed its intended target.

While, I don't find it offensive, personally... I still would not laugh as it's not really that funny.

For what it is worth, if you told me that joke in person...I probably would have gone " Hmmm..." and then walked away.

Vote TRUTH_2012

edit on 28-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
ROFLMAO !!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

For what it is worth, if you told me that joke in person...I probably would have gone " Hmmm..." and then walked away.

No problem, thats cool.

Outside of this thread I have never told it to anybody that was not a friend or close co-worker so if I would have told it to you in person you probably would not have walked away. Maybe question our friendship but no one has ever walked away.

They usually go something like you said; "hmmmm..".....then it sinks in and they laugh. And I have been told by the same while they laugh "that aint funny." All the while agreeing with the sentiment I have towards members of congress.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
A joke is a joke! I liek them as crude as possible... I can post a few here but il prob get a ban!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Sometimes humour and joking is a good way to exorcise bad things.

I heard 9/11 jokes only a day or 2 after the incident.Of course most of them were about Bin Laden,so i don't know if that counts...

new topics

top topics

join