It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Border Patrol Agents Are Being Trained To Run Away And Hide If Someone Starts Shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I have a hard time believing this article. Sorry, but my department and nearly every department in the nation trains in the exact opposite way. Police are taught to assemble in teams as soon as back up arrives and go after the threat.

I'm thinking this at best is a case of somebody not understanding the training is directed at civilian response. At worst it is a case of misinformation. The author also misrepresents the Fox news article. Obama has not ended the 287g program. He has said that in states with Arizona style laws he will no longer allow them to participate. That means that in states that are taking the role in to their own hands and bypassing the federal laws and agencies he is not going to help. This is in large part because a federal judge struck down parts of the law because of the undue burden it would place on federal agencies already "handling" such things. In other words if they preempt federal law and federal court rulings they get no additional help.

It seems like a person with an agenda intentionally spinning the truth to push their goals.

Just my thoughts based on experience.
edit on 28-6-2012 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

You points contradict each other. Employers often prefer illegal labor because it costs them less. What they 'take home' is irrelevant to the point.

This discussion is off topic. I’d be glad to discuss it in depth with you though….you should start a thread.

I will say this - what I said was not a contradiction. It costs about 40% more to pay a ‘legal’ employee when you consider hard costs like federal and state taxes, health insurance and workman's compensation. It’s not that Americans aren’t willing to work for comparable wages - It’s that illegals tend to make more because they pay no taxes! I’d have to pay a legal employee $20 per hour to have the same quality of life as an illegal making $14 per hour; who does that hurt? We can’t blame American workers for this problem.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I think it's time for the National Guard to patrol the borders and enforce our laws! What say you?

edit on 27-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

The COSMIC FAMILY WHO CAN SEE WHO ARE THE REAL PLAYERS MAY do a better job at destroying ALL* the feilds the crops of extremisim grow within....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

The COSMIC FAMILY WHO CAN SEE WHO ARE THE REAL PLAYERS MAY do a better job at destroying ALL* the feilds the crops of extremisim grow within....

Did you respond to the right thread?

Is it “extremism” when you defend your borders?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
My cousin is a border patrol agent in Arizona, I'll ask him how things are going

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This course is for the desk jockeys and everyone else in the US border patrol that aren't trained in law enforcement.

You can read it for yourself here:

www.dhs.gov...

Nice little summary which can be found on page 2...

I'd expect a business or government to tell their employees to run and take cover, unless they are trained of course, but even then this course says (as you can see above) As a last resort, attempt to take the active shooter down...

So it completely debunks what your "news" article says anyway.

edit on 28/6/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Your explanation continues to contradict itself. My point stands: Illegal Immigration has never been curtailed by either Party because it benefits industry, who save an enormous amount of money on wages and taxes by hiring illegals. Much of the US economy would literally collapse if immigration was truly curtailed. Nothing you have stated disproves that.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Where does that say 'throw things' or 'run away'?

I think these are two different things.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Did you respond to the right thread?

Is it “extremism” when you defend your borders?

@Is it “extremism” when you defend your borders?
No
drugs control influence which cause border issues.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Doubtful.

It's an official DHS document.

Slightly more reliable than some guy's rhetoric on a blog.

PS: The throwing things is on page 4.

edit on 28/6/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well it sure makes the case of people who say that elements within the goverment have an interest in supplying drug factions in Mexico and to keep their drug and money flow going.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Do they also train them to sexually assault children?

Source - www.kveo.com...

Maybe I should start posting threads real news seems to be falling apart on here sometimes.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yes our Government are doing the same, they are saying like your President please please do not hurt any invaders, but the reason the USA have decided to not fight is because your President may think his Muslim Brothers may invade, and like Cameron he certainly wont want them hurt.
Our Government are so anti British that our own folk cannot get health care, yet we are sending 7 million quid to help the people who flew planes into them US buildings every 6 weeks, simply does not make common sense to us Tax payers, the world's mad.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Maybe checkpoints on every state border and have people carry travel papers might help. This would make sure only the proper people were traveling in the U.S. as well.
edit on 28-6-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Things in US of A are getting completely absurd now!

endoftheamericandream.com...

If you can believe it, U.S. border patrol agents are now actually being trained to run away and hide if they encounter an "active shooter" in a public location. If they are cornered by the shooter, they are being trained to "throw things" at the shooter.

Well of course they will have to run and hide and if cornered throw "things" at the shooter. Holder already gave all of their guns to the cartel! They have nothing to fight back with.
edit on 28-6-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Maybe checkpoints on every state border and have people carry travel papers might help. This would make sure only the proper people were traveling in the U.S. as well.

How do you get the illegals to go to the checkpoints? That's the problem. The borders are wide open.

Great idea, but no way to implement it.

des

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by abeverage

How do you get the illegals to go to the checkpoints? That's the problem. The borders are wide open.

Great idea, but no way to implement it.

des

Actually you missed my point of that being Fascism at its finest and a U.S. that does this is one I will not stand for!
edit on 29-6-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Actually you missed my point of that being Fascism at its finest and a U.S. that does this is one I will not stand for!

Are the Obamacare TAX and death panels fascism to you?

It’s not fascism to defend your borders…it’s law!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Throwing in what kind of policies Obama has that is Fascist is deflection, and does not address my comment and how we are kept divided.

Stop looking at it from a Democrat/Republican problem that is how we are divided, my point to that was the Bush rhetoric about illegal immigration and nothing was resolved.

I actually agree with closed borders and the deportation of each and every illegal (otherwise why call it illegal alien?). But do not restrict me or my ability to move through the country I was born in, EVER!

This is a sore spot with me as a week before my birthday I flew to California (Unfortunately) was there through my birthday and was not allowed to fly back (after a (&%#ing 4 hour delay by TSA UNDER THE BUSH ADMIN…) because my license had expired.

Look at the bigger picture this is a two party problem…

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join