Fifty Shades of Grey

page: 2
6
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


my other half says that the ending is discusting because the warewolf bonds himself to the main characters daughter whos like 3 or something, and that means theyll be together when she grows up. thats got to be classed as grooming or summin....... sorry i dont know the names but im a bloke and wouldnt read these books if you paid me to lol


This happens in a lot of the paranormal romance books. It isn't portrayed in the way you'd think, but it makes me scratch my head too.




posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
But why it's considered different for different genders is a bit odd. Unless they just aren't taking into account that in the women's novels (at least the one's I have read) there are no pictures or videos??


you hit the nail on the head there. we need, how to put it, erm visual stimulation



posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 





It's a guilty pleasure. But why it's considered different for different genders is a bit odd. Unless they just aren't taking into account that in the women's novels (at least the one's I have read) there are no pictures or videos??


So if the books you have read contained pictures for illustration would you still consider it a romantic novel for women or porn
And if your partner was reading it would you think that they were only reading it for the porny bits
I would call any man a lier who said they had never looked at porn online
The post is to look at male and female views
Were the ladies think that reading what is basically a porn novel is ok
But when they catch their husband/boyfriend watching Babestation after you have had a good beer you go ballistic and WW3 starts
A mans excuse would be it is no different from the books your reading
A woman would say ''It's just a book''

Cran



posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranspace
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 





It's a guilty pleasure. But why it's considered different for different genders is a bit odd. Unless they just aren't taking into account that in the women's novels (at least the one's I have read) there are no pictures or videos??


So if the books you have read contained pictures for illustration would you still consider it a romantic novel for women or porn
And if your partner was reading it would you think that they were only reading it for the porny bits
I would call any man a lier who said they had never looked at porn online
The post is to look at male and female views
Were the ladies think that reading what is basically a porn novel is ok
But when they catch their husband/boyfriend watching Babestation after you have had a good beer you go ballistic and WW3 starts
A mans excuse would be it is no different from the books your reading
A woman would say ''It's just a book''

Cran


Good points. I would consider it a little more pornier (all I could think of) if there were visuals honestly. And I certainly wouldn't carry it to my next doctor's appointment.


I have never went ballistic on my husband when he has watched porn. I couldn't call him a liar about watching it online because he has never been online. Believe it or not! He wouldn't know how to turn a pc on if his life depended on it.

I can tell you though...in honesty that I do not care for the movies or illustrations. Maybe it is because I am a female, I don't know. I enjoy reading the novels, but would not enjoy hard core erotica just for erotica's sake. Without a story line, love, picket fences, etc.
it just isn't as good to me.

But I am in the school of, whatever works for you... I would not like it if my husband constantly went for the porn, but he is a man. If someone is shaking boobs across the screen he is like most other's. No need to get upset over that!

And I know what point you are getting at. I see it happen to other's and know women that react that way, I am not sure why there is supposed to be a difference.



posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace
 


woman get off on writting, men get off on pictures

im happy with that, im completely willing to write a woman a letter in exchange for naughty pictures lol

only kidding, im a gentleman really
edit on 28/6/2012 by DaveNorris because: spelling



posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


you meen the plumber coming round to fix the sink isnt enough storyline for you? some people are just hard to please lol



posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


you meen the plumber coming round to fix the sink isnt enough storyline for you? some people are just hard to please lol


I need a little more than the overly beefed up pizza delivery guy asking me if I feel ok...


Call me picky!



posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


would you like some italian sausage on that



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I used to think that women were quaint, reserved, curt...

Then one day my friends and I got drunk, and the chicks started talking about sex, and I swear...

You all are worse than us!



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Originally posted by DaveNorris
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


you meen the plumber coming round to fix the sink isnt enough storyline for you? some people are just hard to please lol


I need a little more than the overly beefed up pizza delivery guy asking me if I feel ok...


Call me picky!


Now - if he gives back rubs - - I'll think about it.

Women stress about everything. Man just needs to learn to find what relaxes them and turns them on at the same time.

If its a book - - - man can skip the back rub.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
I used to think that women were quaint, reserved, curt...

Then one day my friends and I got drunk, and the chicks started talking about sex, and I swear...

You all are worse than us!


I will fully admit that this is true for me and most of the women I have ever known...



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Porn has been a predominantly male thing for way too long!!!!

So, Three cheers for Fifty Shades of Grey - the novels may be utter cheese on toast but I will forgive


And to the guys who are now getting a bit more action because of their ladies reading these books, I am very very pleased for you



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
To my eternal shame I admit to reading it. Not because it was “dirty” (I have read far dirtier) but because it was so poorly written. That Gray had never had normal sex before in his life had my eyes rolling. We are asked to believe that this beautiful, rich, healthy male had only ever had sex within the realm of the BDSM world. Bunk!

So are there any guys on here who have read it? How did it stack up compared to actual porn for you?



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I find it kind of funny how things have changed. Not long ago, say for instance In the 80's, if a man read a book like this, essentially Penthouse forum, he was a pig and eyes rolled. If he sat and drooled over baywatch, he was a pig and eyes rolled. Now, a book like this has become a best seller, by women, and every single girl I know has had a countdown going, for weeks, for the opening night of Magic Mike! When did this change take place and why didn't it happen sooner



posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alena Michelle
To my eternal shame I admit to reading it. Not because it was “dirty” (I have read far dirtier) but because it was so poorly written. That Gray had never had normal sex before in his life had my eyes rolling. We are asked to believe that this beautiful, rich, healthy male had only ever had sex within the realm of the BDSM world. Bunk!

So are there any guys on here who have read it? How did it stack up compared to actual porn for you?


I haven't read it, but for some reason every other female I know on the planet personally is gushing about it. Everyone seems to think I should be frothing over the pages just because they know I'm partial to a bit of the old whip cracking and the like. I'm not pleased the whole premise of Grey's penchant is so skewed. That you must be completely #ed up to even like being Dominant.

I may read it now it's appearing in the bargain buckets here, however I'm likely to go from manic laughter to rage from page to page.



posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria
 

I have it on Kendle if you would like to "borrow" it for free. I don't think anyone should spend money on such a poor quality book if they can help it. U2U me if you would like me to send it to you for free.
-Alena



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
‎50 shades of Newcastle

knew as soon as I walked through the door from dropping the bairn off at school that I was ganna get some.

I peeped through the fist hole in the living room door and saw the half a roly burning away in the ashtray perched on the arm of me new Brighthouse corner settee. The telly was turned reet doon, ah cudn't even hear what Lorraine was sayin aboot the new fashions for the summer or nowt. Then a saw him, and me heart skipped skipped a beat (just like that Ollie Murs). He'd obviously had a crisis loan and been owa the metty coz he was wearing a fresh new trakka bottoms and brand new pair of flossies, his rippling white chest peeped out from behind the zip of his supadry coat, that was sexily only zipped halfway up, just enough to cover the tac burns but give me a cheeky glimpse of what was to come.

He pulled me towards him and whispered "Y'all reet pet" before banging the lips on me, I trembled under the aroma of lambert n butler and stale fosters. He took me there and then, right on the Argos rug whilst our staffy Tyson looked on.

He left without a word, but he would return soon, with tales of a fight in the Jobcentre queue and his joy at finding a pound coin on the floor of the iceland. I tried to settle myself with a tab and a can but all the while that one question burned in my heart........

Will he remember my pasty from Greggs???



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Alena Michelle
 


I will admit curiousity got the better of me, and I read it.

Well, it does not really stack up to porn at all, if you mean it in that way. I found it rather cumbersome, and over elaborate in describing the details. It became boring rather quickly, and it was so badly written, that I lost interest rather quickly.

Actually this reminds me in some way off the Mills and Boon books. Terribly written, with absurd plots, and bad metaphors.

I give it a 2 out of 10.

vvv
edit on 6-7-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB
 




Oh more more...


You can't leave me hanging like that






That was hilarious mate



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup
 


50 shades of Birmingham...

Cumming up....





new topics
top topics
 
6
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join