It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Congressmen to walk out during contempt vote

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Nevermind, I don't have anything to say about this. This is dumb, fire them all.
edit on 28-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

In response to the decision, Rep. Cohen stated, "It's their caucus and they do things their way. You don't force your way in."

But the Boy Scouts of America is wrong and prejudiced because they don't want to allow gays.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Any black caucus congressmen who walk out curing the contempt vote are clearly racist.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Yup, just like white history month would be racists.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

Maybe they could take the rest of congress with them? Then we would all be better off!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The only ones holding back blacks at this point, are blacks. Does racial discrimination still happen? Of course. Is all of it aimed squarely at blacks? No. It's time to leave this mindset in the past where it belongs.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Of this complete list of active or formerly active(too many, I don't want to count) Congressional Caucus' only one is exclusive to the color of a members skin. Current and former Caucus List

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This is the problem with any racially motivated group...They do nothing but PROMOTE racism. Everyone would be equal if people would stop constantly playing the race card, as racism is not that prevalent anymore as far getting a job, etc...I guarantee you that any situation that matters, which doesn't include your run of the mill racist with no authority, there is an determining issue other than race.

This is just ridiculous, and if this isn't just political posturing, these people are either racist or just plain stupid. Probably both. Many people in groups that claim they are about promoting "equality" are nothing more than racists themselves, and that is the sad truth. I learned that a long time ago. Not everyone, but quite a few.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Vote is in 255 Yea 67 Nay And most of the Democripts walked out.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

Good call. Some Dem's just walked out. Saw the walk out on the Crooked News Network after I read it here and said, "wow, good call." Can I give you a thumbs up or some points? I'm still a little new here...

God bless ATS.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It will be interesting when Congressman Allen West does not join his fellow Black Caucus members. He is a good and decent man and would make a great president. What a sham to have this racially identified group basing their disagreement on racism. Eric Holder is terribly incompetent and completely corrupt. He does not deserve their support, just because he is black. This should not be a race issue, and the fact that these congressional leaders think it is, means they are unfit for office.

The reason that Obama has exercised executive privelige can only be one thing. The memos and knowledge about this operation must go all the way to the President himself. It would not be smart for him to just protect Holder, the election is too close and that will be politically dangerous. This has to be a cover-up, all the way to the White House. It is sickening, that they could not have come clean and said "we screwed up and lost control of the operation." All would have been forgiven. It is the lies and lack of transparency that is ruining this presidency.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I guess to them, it's more important to be true to their race, rather desire to have an honest and just government.

Sad

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by plethora68
It will be interesting when Congressman Allen West does not join his fellow Black Caucus members. He is a good and decent man and would make a great president. What a sham to have this racially identified group basing their disagreement on racism. Eric Holder is terribly incompetent and completely corrupt. He does not deserve their support, just because he is black. This should not be a race issue, and the fact that these congressional leaders think it is, means they are unfit for office.

The reason that Obama has exercised executive privelige can only be one thing. The memos and knowledge about this operation must go all the way to the President himself. It would not be smart for him to just protect Holder, the election is too close and that will be politically dangerous. This has to be a cover-up, all the way to the White House. It is sickening, that they could not have come clean and said "we screwed up and lost control of the operation." All would have been forgiven. It is the lies and lack of transparency that is ruining this presidency.

I think the answer to that is that they didn't just SCREW up and lose control... They intended everything to go down like it did, they just didn't expect to get caught or called on it...

Jaden

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Are they also going to talk about when BLACKS MURDER WHITE PEOPLE? OH HELL NO! ITS ONLY RACIST WHEN WHITES DEFEND THEMSELVES AGAINST THOSE BASTARDS!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't think they planned to have Fast and Furious blow up in their faces. I really think they were stupid enough to believe their plot would work. The racism continues to flow out. Juan Williams, a black columnist, comes out and calls the contempt vote on Holder "political theater". It is sad that people cannot see that the parents of the dead border agent, at least deserve to hear that the people responsible for this negligent plan are somehow being held accountable for trying to cover it up. There were Democrats in on that vote, so it had to be blatant criminality, because they never go against their own party unless it is something awful. People like Juan Williams and the Congressional Black Caucus think that because the Attorney General and the President are black, we should give them a pass. This is right up there with Watergate, and Nixon got what he deserved. Let the investigations continue and the truth be told, regardless of ethnicity.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This whole thing sickens me. A person cant do anything wrong then? you must support them no matter what they have done just because the colour of their skin?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by musashi9
This whole thing sickens me. A person cant do anything wrong then? you must support them no matter what they have done just because the colour of their skin?

Only if you are white, or so it seems these days. To not support someone, even when they've done wrong, makes you racist.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Funny how it only became a race issue once he was found in contempt.

Once again, a faction of blacks tries to pull the race card so one of their own can skirt responsibility for wrongdoing.

It makes one wonder if some members of the black race really DO want racism to end. Sometimes I think they are happy for it to continue so they will have some excuse to pull this kind of stuff.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by musashi9

Yeah, remember poor, mistreated O.J.?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I guess to them, it's more important to be true to their race, rather desire to have an honest and just government.

Sad

Unfortunately, you hit the nail on the head, Bob.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join