It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Congressmen to walk out during contempt vote

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I agree with most of what you said except that Obama will not be the DNC representative. When a President is the incumbent they are always the respective parties nominee. Basically, only if it is an open seat would there be a party nominee from both sides. Think of it as four years of campaigning, no matter how bad. Any press is good press, right? It would be great though, but who would be the nominee?

I am disillusioned with this administration. I thought an outsider would be a good thing. I was wrong! No such thing as a Washington outsider when the money starts rolling.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Dookie Master because: the/that

edit on 27-6-2012 by Dookie Master because: the/that/the

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Very good posts. When I first read this story I was angry for the same reasons that have already been posted.

I'll just add a few thoughts:

I think Speaker Boehner should announce beforehand that anyone who walks out of the proceeding in protest will tender their resignation or face arrest for dereliction of duty.

The Congressional Black Caucus should be charged with obstructing justice by asking congressmen not to vote and then dismantled because what they are advising is causing division between races and turning MLK's dream into a nightmare.

The upside is that if they walk out there will be that many less people voting against the contempt citation the room, but I don't imagine that is an issue because if there was any chance Holder had enough support they wouldn't be staging a walkout.

edit on 6/27/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I don't think that he can do that. I do think there should be a vote of censure from the members of the respective parties if the members of the CBC walkout. It is a disgrace to our representative method. I feel very strong about people shirking their responsibility. It is like walking off of the field if a team is better on paper, you gotta play the game out, if you lose, do better next time.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Any man of character would stay and vote his conscience.
Yeah like a politician would do that.
edit on 27-6-2012 by dxdydz because: Oops bad spelling

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If Sandusky or Madeoff was black,,the NAACP would have been outside the courthouse with Jesse Jackson crying racism not justice. Al Sharpton would be SCREAMING INNOCENT.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Sherry Sherod

Van Jones

President Barack Obama

Atty General Holder

What do they all have in common ?

Keep playing stupid. All of these things will be remembered.

#NEVERFORGET #NEVERFORGIVE

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Wait, Holder is Black?? Just like Obama??

We need a Wesley Snipes black guy to atleast have the color. Jesus Christo.

Wasnt Tiger Woods supposed to be black too?? Why is everything about the color of skin.

Black People dont give a rats a$$ about any of these people except to have someone to relate to. Its the PTB who tell them that they are Black. Why not focus on the multi cultures that are inherent in ALL OF US instead of focusing on Color.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
let them walk and then have them expelled, permanently.
the CBC is nothing but a Congressional abomination anyway.

when members refuse to perform their duties, we should refuse to pay them a salary.
each no vote or abstain should cost them a salary reduction.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Simple, they are all as stupid as you think they are.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I say let them keep on walking right out to submit their resignations for being divisive race baiting jerk wads of the first order.

The way to get things done in congress is to show up for the vote and after hearing the facts and considering the will of the people you represent - make a vote.

Not to walk out like a bunch of overpaid crybabies. Yeah I am sure the members of the caucus know all about hardship - making 170k a year with a golden parachute big enough to drop an M1 Abrams into any battle. They are so oppressed.

Pathetic - every one of them. As for the guy who said he had a hard time understanding them...no #; perhaps more time in English class and less in Ebonics and I wouldn't need a translator to tell me when Maxine says physical year she is talking about the fiscal year.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Bingo, it's only racist when a white person does it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

What do white people have to do with this?? Legit question.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I guess they're too busy being African-Americans to be Americans.
Some organizations live long past their usefulness.
How many of us can walk off their jobs and not get fired?

edit on 28-6-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Race issues and rationale aside, can somebody please tell me when any American with any measure of testicles fought their battle by.... running away from the fight? I don't recall reading about Jefferson quickly exiting the room when the Constitution was being debated over, I could be wrong, but I don't believe FDR said "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself" while swiftly extracting himself from DC after Pearl Harbor, and I definitely remember that Reagan never jumped up and ran like a little *insert word that goes after "I'm Rick James, ___" here* when Gorbechev started playing hardball over the Cold War. It just seems so... unAmerican.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I'd like to see this on the front page here at ATS today. It would be a good reminder to us Americans about the idiots we've been sending to Washington and the need to change that pattern.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Why are black people so racist? Why do they think they can do anything just cause theyre black? Eric holder KILLED PEOPLE.

I will never ever ever ever ever vote for anyone who happens to be black again. Call me a racist if you want.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

Morons. Everythings gotta be about race and it will only get worse as the election draws near.
I laughed when this idiot got elected in 08 because people were saying how this was going to finally mend the racial "scars" in this country (or whatever) but I knew it would make it worse and it has.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

And what is wrong with Sherry Sherrod? OMG 4 black people. Do you know how many white presidents/officials I could name for being horrible at their job?

All this thread is going to become is white people posting racist things about black people and feeling justified for it because a minority of black people are racist.

edit on 28-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
imagine the uproar if they called a members only meeting for white congressmen,im sure that would go over without a peep.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
How can a Congressional Black Caucus even exist?

Well it's only fair. They are on equal legal footing as the Congressional White Caucus.

Wait, what? Oh, that doesn't exist.

What about these groups?
National Association of for the Advancement of White People
White Business Association

Weird that none of those exist either. I guess it's because I attended a Historically White College.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join