It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sulfanilamide powder?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I am getting together my BOB and I am missing a few items. For one I am having a time finding sulfanilamide powder (sulfa powder for short). Everywhere ask they all look funny and tell me to try the hardware store. I use to get it at the local army surplus but he is telling now that he has not seen in in some time now. With all the new stuff out this is one great item that has been left behind. I have used it for years but now I can not find it.
Any ideas?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

This webstore says

This Item Requires A Valid Order From A Physician Licensed in The USA.

Maybe that's the problem?

ETA Not sure if I got the right stuff. I now read it is for vaginal infections.
My bad, I found a cream, not a powder. Sorry.
edit on 27/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Ummmm, your not looking very hard! Try amazon.com, a whole bunch of it is for sale on there.....

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Hey, I know how hard it is to find specific items for a BOB myself. But I try to do a lot of research on various items and determine a weight limit for a BOB and I do agree, the sulfa powder would definately be useful. I clicked your post out of curiosity of why you were asking about it and I think I can help you. Try the following link to obtain the powder...

Poolweb

I hope this helps you out and if you may need anything else, just U2U me and I will see what I can dig up.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Ummmm, your not looking very hard! Try amazon.com, a whole bunch of it is for sale on there.....

Made in Thailand?
Patio, Lawn & Garden?

Not sure if I want to put something from 'Patio, Lawn & Garden" or "Made in Thailand" on a bad wound.

Years ago I was working at a construction site and rippeded my leg open and if not for have a pack in my truck I got from a army surplus store I would have lost my leg if not my life. The hospital told me I was luck to have it on hand. I have had to use it more than a few times over the years.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by akaJoeOffgrid

Check your U2U

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You guys are funny.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
There are tons of Sulfa creams in Walgreens and CVS, but I've never seen a powder? Where did you used to buy it at?

Tons of google shopping results.

OR, I googled "bulk sulfa powder" and the link won't copy good, but there is an API Triple Sulfa Powder 850 G Bulk Jar for $108.
edit on 27-6-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody
You guys are funny.

Look, it was an honest mistake! I was trying to help and didn't read what it was to be used for.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Unable to answer the U2U... But this is what was used in WW2 to heal open wounds by sprinkling it directly onto the wound. If you need an ingestable version, I can do a search for something better and afordable.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It was mostly Vietnam era stuff I was getting at the local army navy store. War surplus stuff. That is another great thing it has a LONG life.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I was just wondering if that stuff from that pool web site was OK for medical use.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967

I was just wondering if that stuff from that pool web site was OK for medical use.

A chemical is a chemical. The only difference would be the purity and manufacturing process, but the end product should be the same. Since the pool one is a reagent used for testing, then it's purity should be very high. If that is true, then it should be safe for use.

That is only 10 grams for $17 though, and the one I found ws 850 grams for $108. That is a way, way, way better buy!
edit on 27-6-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

If you may be having your doubts about it, I will do some more searching for you. I may not be able to get an answer back to you until tomorrow afternoon. I have quite a bit to do before going to bed, but I will get the info to you as soon as I can.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What do you think

I am about to just give on on this and try going to something esle. Never had any idea it was going to be like this when I started looking.
edit on 6/27/2012 by fixer1967 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Plenty of people are allergic to Sulfa based products especially the anti biotic variety. Plus it burns like hell when applied. I would lean more towards modern Triple Antibiotic creams or ionic silver based antimicrobial products.(ointments and dressings (quik clot)) Safer and easier. The silver base products are getting much easier to find.

Good Stuff
www.medline.com...

www.quikclot.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I agree, the Silver products are extremely effective in controlling infection, they don't burn as bad, and they are easier to come by and apply.

I don't know if Sulfa offers any healing benefits over the basic anti-microbial properties, but if not, then switching to silver is a great idea.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: fixer1967

You can get it anywhere in Thailand, and probably Myanmar, Malaysia, etc., The powder I was given (for a coral cut on my foot) is called Pises Powder. It comes in small envelopes and is formulated by "Dr. Pises". My boyfriend always carrys some when he's traveling. It costs just pennies. If you know anyone going to, or in, Thailand, see if they can bring you back some. Good Luck!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Darzanna69

It's a nice answer, but this is the very definition of a necrothread. If you note, the question was posed about 5 years ago by a user who posted only a few times five years ago and left.

But as a side note, you can get much better skin infection antibiotics than sulfa these days. Sulfa's a WW2 sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I do not think you are right

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join