It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the developmentally delayed become "normal" after death?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Wertdagf,

Seriously, I don't understand why you chose this thread for your rant against religion. Don't get me wrong, I think the hard core Christians are morons too. And considering this is the paranormal section and not the religion section, chances are you are already preaching to the choir, since most people here don't seem to hold any kind of concrete religious beliefs. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see anything that was overtly Christian in the OP. You just saw a post about the afterlife, assumed that the post had a Christian slant, and had to come in and state your opinion with a smug attitude, regardless of whether or not anyone was actually discussing religion.

"You might think that having this woman walking around prasing the name of jesus because shes reassured that her son is at the right hand of god is a good thing.... "

Where did this happen?

"How can you be sure knowing a god gave you cancer and is forcing you to suffer and die at such a young age isnt more traumatic? "

Who said they believed that in the first place?

"How can you be sure that knowing God gave your son this horrible disability and then stole his life from you to test your faith isnt more traumatic? "

Again, who said they believed that in the first place?

You don't seem to see that no one has mentioned -any- of this. -You- are the one who is speaking about these religious superstitions (which are really only held by the craziest of the crazies anyway), putting words in peoples mouths. Isn't it funny? You injected more talk of religion into this thread than anyone else did.

Once again, this is the paranormal section. ESP, spirits, premonitions, all that jazz. It's to be expected, so if you don't like it, what's the point in participating? You coming here and chastising people is no different than the Christians who tell us non believers that we are going to Hell.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Morgenstern89

If there is something to call a "hell" this woman is there without her son. Patching gigantic wounds with bandaids is a temporary fix for those around her, not her, that wish to stop her tears for all the wrong reasons.

edit on 1-7-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by thoiter

The future will show how many people here were truely open minded. I wouldnt be so quick to praise this community, the worst is yet to come.

I will gladly be chastised for my incorrect assumptions should there be any. In the reverse how many from this community will survive a nihilistic realitization?

I think the majority would survive it just fine. As has been pointed out, this thread wasn't particularly religiously oriented until you arrived. It's more concerned with conscious survival of physical death, which is a subject that's being widely debated - even in the scientific communities. Sciences incomplete understanding of the nature of consciousness and this multi-dimensional universe make this a logical subject for debate and speculation. So it's fine to have an opinion, but please don't talk down to people who don't share your opinion - for legitimate and wide-ranging reasons.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Morgenstern89

Don't waste your time. You'll only get short responses. He seems to avoid most of the questions he is asked and just replies with more anti-religious statements.

I don't like organized religion. But as you and I both stated, this thread wasn't about organized religion to begin with, until he came in and derailed everything.

Wertdagf, if this subject irritates you so much, why the hell are you in this sub-forum to begin with? I'm beginning to suspect that you're just a bored troll.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Religion has -nothing- to do with this thread.

Why are you messaging me about this in private? We'll discuss it in here:

"Do you think that everyone who posts in teh Paranormal section should only give opinions if they agree with the suppositions of the OP? "

Absolutely not. I disagree with people in here plenty, I imagine I've annoyed a handful of people because of it, too. But I disagree within the context of the discussion. I don't just start talking about something that isn't relevant to the discussion.

Great, you don't believe in the afterlife, cool. You stated your opinion. We are all aware of the likelihood that there is nothing after death. But it had nothing to do with the actual situation being posed, and you continue to discuss points that have nothing to do with the thread. The OPs question was, -IF- there is an afterlife or a soul or whatever people want to call it, would a physical ailment carry over. That's the point of the thread, discussing that hypothetical situation. People are giving their opinions on that. Your replies have nothing to offer to that scenario, and just continue to harp on religion, which no one has brought up aside from you.

Think of it like this. Someone starts a thread to debate which X-Men character is the best. Someone says Wolverine, someone says Cyclops, someone else says Night Crawler. Then someone comes in and says Batman. Batman isn't one of the X-Men. But the dude insists on discussing Batman and why Batman is the best. That gets old, and does nothing to further the original conversation.
edit on 1-7-2012 by Morgenstern89 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2012 by Morgenstern89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Yeah, it figures, that's usually the way it goes.

And to the OP, you have my sincerest apologies for cluttering up the thread.

To answer your question, and to echo everyone else, while first hand accounts are iffy, most signs point to the idea that the problems we have here are are not carried over. Accounts from individuals who are deaf, or blind who have experienced spontaneous OBEs, or had a near death experience indicate that they were indeed able to use those senses. The idea of the mind and brain being separate is not a new one, and is a really interesting avenue of research.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

I don't know too much about Christianity but I know your son would get an automatic pass into heaven because he is an innocent even if he is not a Muslim. Furthermore, in heaven he will be perfect, about 33 years old for eternity.

If a child arrives in heaven Muslim scholars say;

Their situation in al-Barzakh. It is proven that as soon as they die they are transferred to Paradise and that their souls are blessed there under the care of our father Ibraaheem (peace be upon him).

This was narrated in the hadeeth of Samurah ibn Jundub (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) often used to say to his companions: “Has anyone among you seen a dream?” and whoever Allaah willed would tell him what he had seen. One day he said: “Last night two people came to me and made me get up, and they said to me: ‘Let’s go.’ So I set off with them…” He mentioned things that he had seen, then he said:

“We set off, and we came to a verdant garden, in which were all the colours of spring, where there was a man who was so tall that I could hardly see his head in the sky. Around the man was the largest number of children I had ever seen…” Then among things that the two angels explained to him was: “As for the tall man who was in the garden, that was Ibraaheem. As for the children who were around him, these are all the children who died in a state of fitrah.” One of the Muslims said: “O Messenger of Allaah, what about the children of the mushrikeen?” He said: “And the children of the mushrikeen.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (7047).

And it was narrated that Ibn Mas’ood (may Allah be pleased with him) said:

The souls of the children of the believers are in the crops of birds which go wherever they want in Paradise and return to lamps hanging from the Throne. End quote.

Narrated by Ibn Abi Haatim with his isnaad. See Tafseer al-Qur’aan al-‘Azeem, 7/148

For some of the details concerning that on our site, please see the answer to question number 71175.

On the Day of Resurrection, people will be raised from their graves and the children will also be raised in the state of childhood and youth in which they died, and they will intercede for their parents and admit them to Paradise by Allah’s mercy towards them:

It was narrated that Abu Hassaan said: I said to Abu Hurayrah: Two of my sons have died. Can you narrate to me any hadeeth from the Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) which will console us for our loss? He said: Yes: “Their little ones are the little ones (da’aamees) of Paradise. When one of them meets his father – or his parents – he takes hold of his garment – or his hand – as I am taking told of the hem of your garment, and he does not let go until Allaah admits him and his father to Paradise.”
islamqa.info...

There are further interpretations in the Quran regarding this matter. Basically your son is an innocent and will always be so. When his time comes, as a child he will get automatic acceptance to heaven and be in the care of Abraham and grow to aged 33year old to his full potential.

If your son passes as a grown adult, he will also go straight to heaven as an innocent and be aged 33 years old and at his best. His life experience would be in his memory and he will have full understanding of what had happened to him.

In the day of Judgement, your son will intercede on you behalf even if you are not Muslim and will speak of your kindness and love towards him. This will count enormously in the judgement of your life before the Almighty.

Your son is a blessings for you
edit on 1-7-2012 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hey OP sorry to hear about your son's condition. I hope he finds happiness. I guess I've got nothing more to say. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I am not looking to debate with you woman ..
i am looking to answer OPs question ... which i believe i did
I do not care about your negative opinions .. Good day

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Xaphan

Do you really think that pitifull beliefs like christianity can survive the coming years?

Do you think that building peoples hopes upon something so easily falsified is a good idea?

We all know the placebo effects power.. but it is a double edged sword. Such lies are better suited for the darkages.
What is so special about the coming years? How's it going to be any worse than all the other wars, disasters, plagues, famines and such that we are told already reduced past populations down to dangerously weak numbers or conditions? My pitiful beliefs have lasted 2000 years and are about loving one another as we love ourselves and respecting life and honoring family and building honorable reputations to be backed up with action. And this is delusional and bad and false how?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What I believe since I'm a strong reincarnationist, is that we are energy. Our souls inhabit our bodies and we choose before birth how our lives will go to some extent. We choose our weaknesses, strengths, ills, etc. When we pass on, we become whole and full again as it's just the body which has issues, not the soul. Hope that helps you feel better. Your son no doubt chose to have this so you could learn various life lessons as well as so he could learn various life lessons.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join