It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the developmentally delayed become "normal" after death?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Morgenstern89

You do realize that the enabling of religious delusions to comfort the unlucky... is insane right?

Regardless of what forum we are in... you are doing more harm that good by filling her head with fantasys.

You seem quite confident about the indisputable conclusion of no afterlife. Unless you can give undeniable evidence that it doesn't exist while debunking many claims and evidence for afterlife your "opinion" of the unknown is mere speculation.

But I'll humor you and agree that there is concrete evidence against the afterlife...how is it insane to comfort the unlucky and the distressed of some sliver of hope?
If there is no afterlife and only nothingness beyond death, then what harm is it to them?

I say that it is insane to deny the unlucky and distressed the comfort of religious delusions, and that you would be doing them more harm by filling their heads with pessimism, hopelessness and despair.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Good question. I'll double down on the OP and raise your question with this one. Are babies adults in heaven?

Or are you stuck for eternity sitting next to a screaming crying infant?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn

As a parent of a son who suffers from Cerebral Palsy (generic for brain damage). I've had dreams that I meet my son in the after life and he's walking and talking like a fully developed young man. My fear is that they stay in the state they're at in life upon death. That would be terrible after having to muddle through life as we know it then have to continue in the here after with disabilities.
We are taught that all secrets are revealed upon transition to the other side. I hope this means that disabled people are then able to operate at full capacity. That brings on another question. What is full capacity? We are apparently given all knowledge when when we die or at least, we are exposed to a knew reality. Will this also allow disabled minds, for instance, an adult with cognitive thinking like a 6 year old, to gain the same in an lightened reality? So, we are no longer trapped in a body after death, but does the psyche get released, no longer inhibited by a poor functioning brain?
Any thoughts?

Your fears are unfounded...ailments and damage do not apply to the driver 'incarnated' into the vehicle...just the vehicle...
Your dream is an answer to your question.

Enlightenment, is wholly dependant on the 'driver'...the vehicle in which this progress gets made is part and parcel of the individuals choice before birth (short answer)...difficult and challenging as it is, those surrounding these souls are inextricably bound themselves by thier own choice before birth to experience the situation...for thier own reasons...

akushla

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think human consciousness is all knowing, what our capacity levels are depends on the dimension we are in. What happens to our physical brains on this plane, is not compatible with our soul and who we really are. Its my opinion we shed bodies like clothing, his brain injury has no impact on his soul and our boundless consciousness, this plane does.

Who is to say your son was deceased? It could be he met up with you astrally, to convey a message he is not able to in his current state.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Why wouldnt they be normal in the afterlife? Native americans used to mutilate dead enemy bodies because they thought you were just like you were in the afterlife. So theyd cut your hands or head off to make it an easier fight next time. And do you really want to share an afterlife with a bunch of old people?

What about the transgendered??

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

Thank you for sharing your story. Im sure he is a handsome young man. This thread got my attention because my son is 3 and he has c.p. as well. I dont notice it to me he is normal boy and I wouldn't trade him for the most athletic! I never thought about it from the perspective you are speaking from. I have however wondered would he be a genuis. What I mean is since he is not athletic will his math skills be heightened. He loves basketball, makes me wonder would he coach x's and o's better. Sort of like when some one who is blind has an incredible sense of smell and hearing. Does your little man take a particular intrest in something. Like I said JRs is basketball...it really fires him up lol

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

Think of listening to your favorite song being played on a tiny old scratchy AM radio speaker, and then think of that song on the best sound system you have ever heard. Our souls are the songs that play on the bodies we are given. The song is not defective because it is played on a poor system. So after death it is our song not our instrument that continues on. There is no longer a limitation that the song will suffer under.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Evidence, or in this case, the lack thereof, allows us to speculate upon this topic. Consciousness is not tied to the body. Modern science has no idea where thoughts are generated or what generates them. This suggests that the consciousness is the spirit and the body is a vessel. Religions aside, we simply don't know at this point what comes after this life, but if consciousness is separate from the body, we can assume that death is not the end of us as we know it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn

As a parent of a son who suffers from Cerebral Palsy (generic for brain damage). I've had dreams that I meet my son in the after life and he's walking and talking like a fully developed young man. My fear is that they stay in the state they're at in life upon death. That would be terrible after having to muddle through life as we know it then have to continue in the here after with disabilities.
We are taught that all secrets are revealed upon transition to the other side. I hope this means that disabled people are then able to operate at full capacity. That brings on another question. What is full capacity? We are apparently given all knowledge when when we die or at least, we are exposed to a knew reality. Will this also allow disabled minds, for instance, an adult with cognitive thinking like a 6 year old, to gain the same in an lightened reality? So, we are no longer trapped in a body after death, but does the psyche get released, no longer inhibited by a poor functioning brain?
Any thoughts?

Prior to modern medicine 50 percent of all children died as children.
And a large percentage would have died in the first few years.
Do you think a six month old baby that dies goes to
"heaven" and gets raised by angels??????????????
The only explanation is there is only ONE person that
exists and everyone is that God Being. There are no
individual beings and no one has an individual soul.
You have been brainwashed by pagan christianity
which worships not God but the ego/self narcissus.

If angels could raise children in heaven why would we be here in this hell?
edit on 29-6-2012 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrChuck

But I'll humor you and agree that there is concrete evidence against the afterlife...how is it insane to comfort the unlucky and the distressed of some sliver of hope?
If there is no afterlife and only nothingness beyond death, then what harm is it to them?

I say that it is insane to deny the unlucky and distressed the comfort of religious delusions, and that you would be doing them more harm by filling their heads with pessimism, hopelessness and despair.

Religion is the mindless belief that you can get what you want by believing it.
The comes the belief that you can get even more of what you want by torturing and killing
animals and people because you think it will make your imagined version of god happy.
What has gone on and is going on right now in the name of religion is proof of this.
Religion is a childish adaption to life in which the imagined God replaces the all powerful
parent.
Spirituality is the mature adults self sacrifice of the ego/self.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

The comes the belief that you can get even more of what you want by torturing and killing
animals and people because you think it will make your imagined version of god happy.
What has gone on and is going on right now in the name of religion is proof of this.
Religion is a childish adaption to life in which the imagined God replaces the all powerful
parent.

Ok, if you say so.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

parent.

Ok, if you say so.

Frankly listening to you views about a life after death is like listening to a passanger who have never flied a plane telling me his knowlegde of handling a plane is better than the pilots that have 10 years experiance and at the same time saying the plane is not really flying because it is an underwater submarine. Come back and discuss this when you have a sense of feeling in your body that is 3 times more what you had before. If you cant even figure out how to do that then your views are not at all intresting to me. You have a lot more to experiance.
edit on 29-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684

Who is to say your son was deceased? It could be he met up with you astrally, to convey a message he is not able to in his current state.
I agree with that point based on a dream I had in which a relative with advanced Alzheimer's told me they were fine, not to cry over their body, and that their soul was already with God. They told me in the dream why they had to linger bodily and explained the circumstances under which their time would be fulfilled and they would go. Then a couple of years later, the circumstances came to pass and the body of my loved one died.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If we do go to an after life, I would suppose that any physical problems would be left behind.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

there is no afterlife. Im sorry you had to see your son suffer through all of that.

A true scientist understands that a negative cannot be proven. Also, I don't understand what the point of trying to alter people's beliefs are, because it never works. You're wasting your time in sub-forums like this. If people have enough conviction to believe something, in most cases they will continue to believe it regardless of what random people on the internet without credentials have to say about it.

you are doing more harm that good by filling her head with fantasys.

Fantasies*

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I think it's more of a 'misery loves company' type of situation. People who have a firm belief that there is absolutely nothing else subconsciously don't like to see others living with hope.

"If I have to live with grim cold reality, then so do you!"

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Do you really think that pitifull beliefs like christianity can survive the coming years?

Do you think that building peoples hopes upon something so easily falsified is a good idea?

We all know the placebo effects power.. but it is a double edged sword. Such lies are better suited for the darkages.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Do you really think that pitifull beliefs like christianity can survive the coming years?

Probably not, but I'm not Christian. I don't subscribe to any of the Abrahamic religions. So I don't care.

That wasn't really my point though. What I'm saying is you'll never be able to change the beliefs of others. If somebody like Dawkins can't change the beliefs of religious people around the world, then what chance does some random guy on ATS with zero credentials have? It's a losing battle, and you aren't going to make a difference. Spend your time and energy doing something worthwhile.

You see yourself as a debunker and a hardcore skeptic who probably considers himself above average intelligence, which is probably true. You seem fairly sharp. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one and ignore several obvious spelling mistakes that the majority of sixth graders could point out.

However, what I see is an arsehole who comes into a thread where somebody has posted about their disabled child and the hope that they could possibly someday see them as a regular healthy person, and the only intent that you had was to completely shatter any faith and hope this person had left. I mean come on man... it's not like she started a thread preaching about the return of Jeebuz and how we all need to change our ways OR ELSE!! She's not a religious fanatic. This is someone who has probably been through years of emotional turmoil and just wants some reassurance. Learn where to draw the line and troll the hardcore religion threads instead. They are the ones who deserve it.
edit on 30-6-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

If you enable one persons delusions where does it end? Do you think that sometimes enabling one persons beliefs could have unintended consequences?

You might think that having this woman walking around prasing the name of jesus because shes reassured that her son is at the right hand of god is a good thing.... but what happens when that belief, supported by ignorance, is no longer supportable in society?

You might think that what your talking about is a good thing, but if you look closer it might have a selfish motive. That being for your own comfort.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
When you die, you have a choice to go to the light and connect with infinite intelligence, so the answer yes, not only do they become "normal" but they become even more than "genius". A dead baby will also have access to infinite intelligence, the soul is formless, it is like and can take on any image it wants, so a baby can be a kid, adult, teen, animal, whatever.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join