It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circle depicting the Transit of Venus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This crop circle appeared overnight in a field in Wiltshire

The crop circle shows Venus' period of visibility as a morning star, where it rises with the sun, and tracks its ascension in the sky following the sun through its rising and setting stages.

Location: The enormous 350ft installation is set in a field of wheat near the 200-year-old Alton Barnes White Horse chalk figure

So is this real or fake
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Cran

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

stop destroying the crops you evil alien vandals!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Fake.......

Theres a tractor sitting in the circle formation! If it was real, and totally anomolous, i doubt they would park a piece of farm equipment on it.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You can see the stomper-board lines, so there are mundane tools involved in the making of it. But the line between 'real' and 'hoax' is more blurry than people think. It's a false dichotomy.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Of course its real. Really made by real people in a real farm field.
I don't see what it has to do with the Transit of Venus though. And this statement is really stupid:

Dubbed a Venus 'sunfish', the circle is thought to capture the 'transit of Venus', an astronomical phenomenon which began last week and will continue until the beginning of July.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Transit of Venus occurred on June 5 and lasted a few hours.
edit on 6/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I'm gonna call fake, and a poor one at that. You can tell it was stomped down, rather than created with that alien voodoo-radiation magic.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I did not think the transit lasted that long another site has this circle named as
The Winged Rattlesnake

'The Winged Rattle Snake Crop Circle' was reported at Milk Hill, Wiltshire on the 25th of June 2012. Quite interestingly, The Pleiades were seen as Tzab, the tail of the rattlesnake by the ancients.

mayanprophecy2012.blogspot.co.uk...

Does this make any sense

Cran

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Of course its real. Really made by real people in a real farm field.
I don't see what it has to do with the Transit of Venus though. And this statement is really stupid:

Dubbed a Venus 'sunfish', the circle is thought to capture the 'transit of Venus', an astronomical phenomenon which began last week and will continue until the beginning of July.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Transit of Venus occurred on June 5 and lasted a few hours.

Well, I guess the guys with the stompers could have intended it to be a depiction of the "transit of venus." Then again, it could also be a depiction of a time-lapse photo of their box of Whoppers rolling across the table. Who knows.

But yeah OP, its a real crop circle. Made by real people. With real stompers.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I love crop circles, however i do notice one bizarre thing about this picture.....

How exactly did the tractor get inside the crop circle...... ? i dont see any tractor lines in the field

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Maybe we should stop asking who? Maybe we should ask WHY?

Some circles must have taken months of planning and organisation, why go to all that trouble?

I think Why? is the real question.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
From the Crop Circle Connector:

Crop Circle Connector Link

There aren't any field reports up yet, but some more great photos. I don't know on this one. It is impressive from the air for sure! Without information regarding electromagnetic readings, nodes on the plants (broken, bent, burst from heat, etc.) or other field data, I wouldn't go either way. Simply put - need more data.

NOTE: the farmer went in later - I'm guessing he has a mower that is raised while driving and then lowered for mowing/harvesting the wheat. The farmer drove there and then proceeded to destroy the circle. They did some measurements after he went at it, but those aren't much to go by considering the edges had already been tampered with by the farmer's equipment.

peace,
AB
edit on 27-6-2012 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Does this make any sense

In 2012 the Rattlesnake Constellation will come into alignment with the planet Venus. This alignment marks the end of the Cherokee calendar, and the beginning of Time Untime.

mayanprophecy2012.blogspot.co.uk...

Nope. Venus "aligns" with the Pleiades every year.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Some circles must have taken months of planning and organisation, why go to all that trouble?

www.cropcircletours.com...
www.cropcirclesandmore.com...
www.journeyswithsoul.com...
www.glastonburysymposium.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Crop circle making is an artform, and a pretty effective advertising and marketing tool in some cases. And lets face it, knowing that you are behind something that nobody else has a clue about is a bit of a thrill for some.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

www.cropcircletours.com...
www.cropcirclesandmore.com...
www.journeyswithsoul.com...
www.glastonburysymposium.co.uk...

Sure there's money to be made but the circles have been forming for many hundreds of years. Long before tours were available. Heres an example thats documented in the British Museum.

Source

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

An apocryphal story about the devil cutting (not flattening) a farmer's field is "documentation"?
A single story constitutes "for hundreds of years"?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

There are even earlier accounts from 815 AD where people believed in CLOUD SHIPS from Magonia that flattened crops into circles Agobard issued a prohibition against locals taking seeds from the circles for their pagan fertility rituals.

In 1740 square patterns were found in crop fields and it was believed these were caused by "square winds".

The fact is it HAS been happening for many hundreds of years, it wasnt always about the money.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

If you are into crop circles you will love this documentary made by circlemakers.

video.google.com...

video.google.com...

Turns out that the simple fact that people are known to make circles soesn't mean as much as skeptics like to think. It's hard to explain and I'm not going to go into the whole reason why the real/fake dichotomy is false so you'll just have to watch it for yourself.

edit on 27-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

If you are into crop circles you will love this documentary made by circlemakers.

video.google.com...

video.google.com...

Turns out that the simple fact that people are known to make circles soesn't mean as much as skeptics like to think. It's hard to explain and I'm not going to go into the whole reason why the real/fake dichotomy is false so you'll just have to watch it for yourself.

edit on 27-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

Thanks, having a look now.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

What's so hard to believe about storms flattening crops? I don't know about there being any circles reported but Agobard's missive had nothing to do with fertility rituals. He complained that instead of the Church getting tithes, the villagers were paying the "tempestarii" (weather magicians) for "protection" from storms.

Never heard of 1740 square "circles".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join