It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The church is not EVIL

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I did prove it.

The Vatican is holding on to TRILLIONS of dollars worth of assets and money. Why aren't they giving it all away to help the poor and the needy? Why aren't they actually looking into the problem of child molestation that is rampant in the church?

It's the Church that needs to prove to me, that it's not evil. Not the other way around.

~Tenth

That's ridiculous. The Church spends a tremendous amount of money every year on hospitals, hospices, orphanages, soup kitchens, clothing the poor, etc.

Before you claim an injustice due to the assets that could be liquidated and aren't, how much money is generated yearly by those assets? And by assets, I assume that we are both talking about museums and the like and not hospitals and such.

Eric

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

Well I did your research for you because I got tired of waiting and the first thing I found was a reference in the Sol Invictus entry on Wikipedia which led to this source citation.

Got tired of waiting? It's been like an hour and a half.

I wasn't claiming that the date of Dec. 25 was accurate, I was contesting LoneWolf's dating to around the time of the Council of Nicea, which the Commentary on Daniel shows to be inaccurate.

Eric

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

OK. Well I didn't see LoneWolf make that statement. As I said I must have missed it. Thanks for clarifying.

The point still remains, though, that the use of Dec. 25th as the "birth of Christ" is a pagan-borrowed practice; one of many instituted by the Catholic church in order to appeal to pagans and bring in more numbers/money/influence to their organization.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If you defend/support/protect a paedophile organisation you are a pathetic human being and just as bad as the paedophiles themselves.
You people should be ashamed of yourself's and if people were smart they would cast you out from society rather then being so polite.
The time for precious 'untouchable' religious beliefs are over.

You people disgust me.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

Yeah, not sure how having faith is synonymous with supporting the Catholic church. But, hey, whatever. Your comment of "You people disgust me" clearly shows that you are merely reacting emotionally and stereotyping all people who believe in the Bible and equating us with Catholics who turn a blind eye to pedophilia.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

Yeah, not sure how having faith is synonymous with supporting the Catholic church. But, hey, whatever. Your comment of "You people disgust me" clearly shows that you are merely reacting emotionally and stereotyping all people who believe in the Bible and equating us with Catholics who turn a blind eye to pedophilia.
I never said that did I.
The fact you must put words in my mouth shows that you really have no leg to stand on when it comes to this issue.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Oh please. Then who were you referring to? Which people on this thread "disgust" you? If I am wrong then it was because your comment was extremely vague. So, please clarify it and let us know to whom you were referring.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
** STOP **

Discuss the topic and not each other.

You will be Post Banned.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Pedophiles seem to be targeting the Catholic church,it makes me wonder if it is being discredited my some evil entity. Churches are not evil although the members are often misled into believing more in the church and salvation than in being good and honoring God.

The Catholic church itself is not evil, it is a creation of god. I don't understand how they wound up with so many problems.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Pedophiles seem to be targeting the Catholic church,it makes me wonder if it is being discredited my some evil entity. Churches are not evil although the members are often misled into believing more in the church and salvation than in being good and honoring God.

The Catholic church itself is not evil, it is a creation of god. I don't understand how they wound up with so many problems.

Well you are only lying to yourself so think whatever you want.

The catholic church is obviously not a creation of 'god'.

Paedophiles are attracted to the church because they know they can get away with their crimes there.
Not only will the church protect and defend them.

They have half of their work already done.. Pedo's use a method called 'grooming' where they get children in a sufficient position/relationship to abuse them where it will be unlikely for the child to expose the crime.
As a priest that grooming is already done, and on a much deeper level then possible outside the church.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
For the third time...
How does:

If you defend/support/protect a paedophile organisation

Equal:

Yeah, not sure how having faith is synonymous with supporting the Catholic church.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I know many Catholics that are good people. I know some Nuns and they are great people. I don't know any Catholic leaders personally. The church is not a building or the leaders. A church is the members of the church. It is the Congregation, their faith is what powers the church.

I'm not misled at all. I am not Catholic but know you can't judge a book by it's cover. You can't judge the Catholic church by a few of it's leaders who weaseled their way into the Vatican. You cannot judge a Nation by the leaders of the Nation either. You can't truly judge a person by the company they keep either.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

I know many Catholics that are good people. I know some Nuns and they are great people. I don't know any Catholic leaders personally. The church is not a building or the leaders. A church is the members of the church. It is the Congregation, their faith is what powers the church.

I'm not misled at all. I am not Catholic but know you can't judge a book by it's cover. You can't judge the Catholic church by a few of it's leaders who weaseled their way into the Vatican. You cannot judge a Nation by the leaders of the Nation either. You can't truly judge a person by the company they keep either.
I know there are good people, but by supporting the church they are helping paedophiles indirectly.
The fact that people completely ignore/deny this is disgusting.

The catholic church is a paedophile organisation and it stringently protects and supports paedophiles.
I do not judge the followers for this..
BUT I EXPECT THEM TO ACKNOWLEDGE IT AND DO THERE BEST TO STOP IT.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition
If you defend/support/protect a paedophile organisation you are a pathetic human being and just as bad as the paedophiles themselves.
You people should be ashamed of yourself's and if people were smart they would cast you out from society rather then being so polite.
The time for precious 'untouchable' religious beliefs are over.

You people disgust me.

What people and where do you see a defense of an organization?

Eric

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I know there are good people, but by supporting the church they are helping paedophiles indirectly.

The catholic church is a paedophile organisation and it stringently protects and supports paedophiles.

You're making a lot of assumptions there.

Why do you believe that people are ignoring or denying the child abuse scandal in the Church? Why do you believe that people are not acknowledging it and not doing their best to stop it?

Eric

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

You're making a lot of assumptions there.

Why do you believe that people are ignoring or denying the child abuse scandal in the Church? Why do you believe that people are not acknowledging it and not doing their best to stop it?

Eric
No assumptions.
By supporting or defending the church in any way you are supporting paedohphiles.
It is clear that a lot of people are ignoring it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Geez you can almost taste the hatred and division spewing from this thread...

And you guys are all in the same gang just different branches!

I can only imagine what would happen if you Christians all got under the same umbrella and began focusing such vitriol at people of different faiths....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join