It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As 2012 continues should people make a time capsule to record the baseless hysteria?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Lots of people make time capsules. You open them up at some time in the future and you look inside and see what people thought was of interest.

The notion of 2012 and all of the odd ideas should be packaged up and placed in a time capsule. If people are building bunkers for 2012, then those bunkers could become time capsules for people in 50 or 100 years.

Imagine a time capsule full of all of the ideas:
1. animal die offs
2. pole shifts
3. Nibiru
4. odd weather
5. solar activity
6. Elenin
7. ley lines
8. fictional ancient prophecies
etc.

There could be a lot of material in the time capsule. It could show the future all of the sensational oddities that were considered.

What would you put into a 2012 time capsule?
edit on 27-6-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Interesting idea.

I would put videos of Nikki Minaj in there to show how we had lost our ever-loving minds and pressed the "Self Destruct" button.

That, or a copy of "Enemy of the State" to show them just how paranoid we had gotten.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Lots of people make time capsules. You open them up at some time in the future and you look inside and see what people thought was of interest.

The notion of 2012 and all of the odd ideas should be packaged up and placed in a time capsule. If people are building bunkers for 2012, then those bunkers could become time capsules for people in 50 or 100 years.

Imagine a time capsule full of all of the ideas:
1. animal die offs
2. pole shifts
3. Nibiru
4. odd weather
5. solar activity
6. Elenin
7. ley lines
8. fictional ancient prophecies
etc.

There could be a lot of material in the time capsule. It could show the future all of the sensational oddities that were considered.

What would you put into a 2012 time capsule?

HAHA A fun. It should totally be done.

I would also add the strange sounds in the skies, earthquakes if that's not included with the pole shift.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I did not include quakes in pole shifts.

I love the ideas of videos.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

If someone had a ton o' money it would be awesome to add technology to it. An I-pad, laptop, cell phone, X-Box etc. Maybe some car models, kids toys that are popular, I think some foods so people could see the packaging might be cool and random. Some current magazines/newspapers for sure.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Here is an ebay seller with 2012 prophecy memorabilia.

www.ebay.com...

The person is selling silver and bronze Mayan 2012 prophecy coins. Silver goes for $110.

Yee hah! Doesn't everyone need to spend their hard cash on a coin emblazoned with a fictional prophecy?

Put it in the time capsule when 2012 is over.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
What is needed is a time capsule containing the sum of human knowledge so that the few survivors can rebuild civilization after its complete destruction. Well, it should contain instructions for making beer at least.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Lets not fail the future. A sparging tank would be nice to pass forward.
edit on 27-6-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yeah why not....... I'd love to print off all the predictions and hysteria from this site alone and put them in... You should know of which threads I speak...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Throw one of these in there.

Set it for 11:11

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Truely the internet will the the time capsule for this event. Ten years from now a google search will still bring up every thread on this forum. There is no escape.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The problem with the internet is that pages go down and then that is it.

Maybe it would be neat to include a park bench advertising the end of the world. What a coup that would be for a time capsule!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
After reading Phage's post, I suddenly had a horrifying thought:

On 21 December, 2012, some huge cataclysm does nearly wipe out all civilizations, reducing humans to the hunter gather's they once were. Over the decades, then centuries, humankind barely squeeks by, just barely surviving.

But an ancient myth has it that somewhere in a secret location, is a place that holds all the information on humankind's past glories. A wealth of information that would enable humans to once again harness incredible powers and be on top of the food chain again (instead of 5th like they are then).

Our heroes search for this mythical place, and after many dangerous adventures with 4 tailed giant insects, mutated giant reptiles, and giant bears (don't ask me why, for some reason 2012 made them all giant...), only a few of our heroes remain, but they finally find the ancient crypt that holds the information!

They reach in to this tomb and find:

An iPod
An xbox
A strange circular object that has the symbols: "Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare" on it.

And a CD case with a picture of Lady Gaga on it, lyrics included.....

We're DOOMED I tell you! DOOOOOOOMED!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

What?
No Guinness?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

What?
No Guinness?

Quoted for Truth....
(wow this is the first thread I've ever responded to Phage in.. I feel honored)

Guinness = Meal in a Glass...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

What?
No Guinness?

Only if it's extra stout!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

What is needed is a time capsule containing the sum of human knowledge so that the few survivors can rebuild civilization after its complete destruction. Well, it should contain instructions for making beer at least.

Mead making. Its more traditional, easier. Though if the bees die off, that could be problematic. CCD and all that.

Arks full of sterlized GM seeds controlled by 2 or 3 people. Oh wait. They did that already.....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Those who believed will just move on to the next crisis, those like me who dont probably just want to move on

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syntagma

If someone had a ton o' money it would be awesome to add technology to it. An I-pad, laptop, cell phone, X-Box etc. Maybe some car models, kids toys that are popular, I think some foods so people could see the packaging might be cool and random. Some current magazines/newspapers for sure.

You could even include the foods as well. After digging up the time capsule they could use a good 'ol 2012 McDonalds hamburger to provide nourishment... or they might just think that we are trying to kill off those that survived

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
9. We saw the signs, but just ignored them. Even with all this knowledge we didn't understand, oh well.
10. *facepalm*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join