It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this an F-60?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is an incredibly awkward way to transport an aircraft, but interesting nonetheless. Avweek originally identified this as an L-15 on a truck, but upon further review, certain portions of the fuselage appear to match up with the F-60, based on models of the aircraft.

Last week, we were inclined to say this plane was simply a Hondgu L-15 trainer jet being transported accross China via a flatebed truck. Some readers were skeptical, saying that it looked more like the stealth F-60 that China’s Shenyang aircraft-maker is rumored to be building. Well, new pics emerged over the weekend that show an aircraft that has us rethinking our initial call.

As you can see from these new pics, it appears that the mystery jet has air intakes that do indeed resemble those shown on a mock up of the F-60 (see below), it’s wing flaps also seem t resemble the F-60, and the cockpit, well, you be the judge.

Click through the jump to see an overhead view of the mystery jet that also resembles the F-60 as well as a picture of a model F-60 that strongly resembles a smaller version of an F-22 Raptor (with different air intakes and engine nozzles, etc.) I’m not even gonna say it.

F-60?

edit on 6/27/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Looks like the stolen F-35 data has paid dividends already.

Its an F-35 with 2 chinese engines instead of one big engine.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Whatever it is, it's a big aircraft. I think it looks more like a J-20 with the canards removed. Perhaps even a trainer version of the J-20 considering that odd lump behind the cockpit.

The reason I say this is because I have seen the lengths car manufacturers will go to to disguise the shape of a new vehicle. The image shows an extended augmentation region. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that even the Chinese would not transport an aircraft like the F-60 via the road?

I just don't buy it, I cannot bring myself to believe this is an F-60.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

That was the original thinking by AvWeek too, but then when they got more pictures, and were able to get a better look, that's when the questions began.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by PW229

That was the original thinking by AvWeek too, but then when they got more pictures, and were able to get a better look, that's when the questions began.

I didn't see that, will have a read (been out of the military aviation industry for a bit too long me thinks).

Still not sure the F-60 was anything more than a red herring to draw attention away from the development of the J-20 and Xianglong UAV.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If that's not an 80% scale F-22, I don't know what is.
Come on China, at least change the upholstery
in the cockpit, ok?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

It's all going according to plan. We let them steal our "best" airplane designs as they come off the drawing boards while we field our fleets of craft that don't even use air. That would be the mysterious triangles.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
Looks like the stolen F-35 data has paid dividends already.

Its an F-35 with 2 chinese engines instead of one big engine.

or an F-22 without thrust vectoring.

top topics

join