It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops arrest WTF Magazine owner for Attempted murder for just video taping a fight!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I serched with multiple titles and did not find this here .

I can't believe this!! All this guy does is video a fight between two drunks and now is up for murder???
I wonder if this a new way of making people afraid to video tape things????

Video of fight and interview with videographer

quoted from video site " this is not simple nor is it cut and dry, but the lack of evidence is because there was no conspiracy here. It was a bunch of drunk idiots fighting that I got blamed for it. 3 life sentences totally equals video taping it with a cell phone! The FBI is currently investigating everyone all the way up to the Attorney Generals office, so the feds see something wrong here too."

Though the charges were dropped he was in jail for 50 days.

edit on 27-6-2012 by ManicDepresive1 because: added line text

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

There was already a thread on this but ill copy what I said here www.abovetopsecret.com...

He got charged with attempted murder, not murder and the charges were dropped. He shouldn't have been charged because all he did was observe it.

Getting kicked full force in the head can kill you so.....I could see where they got the AM charge from.

I think the camera guy is an ass though. Those were his friends, he could have attempted to stop the two males beating up on a girl. He just wanted content for his "magazine/website" that hosts stupid videos.

edit on 27-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Maybe he should of broken up the fight instead of being a D*** and recording it.
We need less people like him anyway.
Lock him up & throw away the key.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

What the camera guy said in the youtube video comments about that

Hypothetical here: I go running in to help, someone gets really mad and pulls a knife or a gun and I get seriously hurt. Was it worth it to defend a drunk bitch that helped progress a fight? It would be wrong of me to risk my safety when so many rely on me. My wife, my 2 year old son, my employees, My mother and Sister who are disabled and I care for. I have already lost their house to fore closer because of this. And my home is in jeopardy. Nothing is worth getting in the fight over.

edit on 27-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I searched mutiple titles and nothing popped up ...srry

Now, he should of not got involved cause then the charges would of stuck, so he did right IMO.
Is he a douche....prob.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Wait a minute... he recorded this with his cell pone? He had the phone in his hand and didn't call police?

Apparently all he was interested in was capturing some footage for his silly magazine, probably hoping someone would get stabbed or shot to make it even better. This guy is a douchebag and I don't feel sorry for him one bit.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Wait a minute... he recorded this with his cell pone? He had the phone in his hand and didn't call police?

Apparently all he was interested in was capturing some footage for his silly magazine, probably hoping someone would get stabbed or shot to make it even better. This guy is a douchebag and I don't feel sorry for him one bit.

This kind of BS happens all the time. Someone could be drowning and youll have someone videotaping it,hoping to either get video of someone rescuing him or video of him drowning.
That is not an exaggeration either.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
Maybe he should of broken up the fight instead of being a D*** and recording it.

Yeah, he probably should have done something rather than just stand there and record it...But, standing there and recording it does not equate to attempted murder and he does NOT need to be locked away for it.

Sorry, but being a jerk who just stands by and records is not against the law and frankly, we have enough non-criminals filling up the jails.

Luckily, the outlandish charge against him was dropped!

That said, let me ask you a question, would you also arrest the camera man for all boxing, UFC,MMA type matches? They are standing there and recording a fight....

Or are you going to say that's different?

What about a cop cars dash cam that may happen to catch a fight on it? Should we arrest the cop because he got it recorded on his dash cam? Forgive me, but you are not using common sense.

Yes, in this case, he was a jerk for standing there and recording it...But, standing there recording something while being a jerk, is not against the law.... Let's fill the jails up with actual criminals.

Vote Truth_2012 for ATS Regent

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

Yes, that was his intention and that makes him an unbelievable jerk... However, it is not against the law to be an unbelievable jerk and the charges against him were beyond overkill, He had no reason to be arrested and I am glad the charges were dropped.

The most that should have happened, is that the cops should have confiscated the phone, temporarily, because it had evidence of what went down..In the form if a video.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by GmoS719

Yeah, he probably should have done something rather than just stand there and record it...But, standing there and recording it does not equate to attempted murder and he does NOT need to be locked away for it.

Sorry, but being a jerk who just stands by and records is not against the law and frankly, we have enough non-criminals filling up the jails.

Luckily, the outlandish charge against him was dropped!

That said, let me ask you a question, would you also arrest the camera man for all boxing, UFC,MMA type matches? They are standing there and recording a fight....

Or are you going to say that's different?

What about a cop cars dash cam that may happen to catch a fight on it? Should we arrest the cop because he got it recorded on his dash cam? Forgive me, but you are not using common sense.

Yes, in this case, he was a jerk for standing there and recording it...But, standing there recording something while being a jerk, is not against the law.... Let's fill the jails up with actual criminals.

According to the law, yes, those are different. Those fights are sanctioned by state athletic commissions. A fight on the street is not.

I think the reason that he was hit on this was because not only is it against the law to commit a crime, but it is also against the law to willfully allow a crime to happen. Obviously the charge that he was hit with was not right, but I think that was the original reasoning for the arrest. While I agree that it should be illegal to willfully allow a crime to happen, I dont agree with this guy being hit with attempted murder for it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

If he had gotten involved the charges would probably not have been dropped.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by flyswatter

If he had gotten involved the charges would probably not have been dropped.

If he had made an attempt to stop it from happening, those same charges never would have happened in the first place. Granted, that places him in potential harm's way. Personally, I would have attempted to help, but I am also well versed in BJJ and educated in other human restraint techniques. Its difficult to say how a person "should" act in a situation like this, beyond calling for help.

But aside from getting physically involved ... he should have done something. Call, go get help, whatever. Standing and filming? Bad. Not deserving of attempted murder charges, but bad.

top topics

join