It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First ever MRI video captures baby's birth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Pretty neat to see what goes on during birth, from the inside, instead of just the outside, lol.

source

The 30-second clip reveals the second stage of labor in which the mother must actively push the fetus from her womb. Taken from the side view of the uterus, the video shows the fetus as it descends down the birth canal. However, the recording was stopped just as the newborn’s head emerged, so that the child’s ears would not be exposed to noise from the MRI.
The technique involves stringing together repeated MRI images of the same part of the body to create the final cinematic video.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That's breathtaking.

although I do worry about the effects of babies and MRI's even while still inside the mother.

Still though...amazing. I still remember watching my daughter born, to this day it's one of the most beautiful things I've EVER seen.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

although I do worry about the effects of babies and MRI's even while still inside the mother

Yea, I thought the same thing. Dont MRI's give off more rads than a normal X-ray machine?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That looks nasty.
At least it's not as bad as a live birth.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
That looks nasty.

I'm going to assume you don't have children?

I watched all 3 of my daughters being born - and was even allowed to cut the cord on my 3rd. There is nothing on this earth more profound and beautiful than watching your children being born.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

I have two and I watched neither being born, well actually they were both "cut-out" but I wouldntve watched either way.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1

Originally posted by GmoS719
That looks nasty.

I'm going to assume you don't have children?

I watched all 3 of my daughters being born - and was even allowed to cut the cord on my 3rd. There is nothing on this earth more profound and beautiful than watching your children being born.

That's your opinion.
Birth is a beautiful thing. The actual process is nasty.
To each his own though!

top topics

join