It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if this is how we die?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
what if this explains perfectly how we meet our end?

Maybe we just go threw our daily routine just stumbling along and then one day we go threw a hall of our most precious memories and when we reach the end of the tunnel and everyone we have known that had an impact on our life is there seems like a fine way to die to me

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

It's a nice dream, for sure. Everybody wants to believe that death is a better state of being than the one we're currently in. But, why would death be any kinder than life?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by ninjas4321

It's a nice dream, for sure. Everybody wants to believe that death is a better state of being than the one we're currently in. But, why would death be any kinder than life?

~ Wandering Scribe

It might not be kinder than life. In many cases, it probably isn't. That said, the afterlife is probably even more affected by the general expectation than this corporeal phase is from moment to moment. Hell, without any disinterested reality anchors (like logical ramification and other obvious aspects of material existence) to mitigate an erroneous expectation, all bets are off concerning how terrible this could get for someone. Truth is that if you believe you're going to Hell, then guess what....you're going to create that Hell for yourself as soon as you're fully capable of creating it for yourself.

It pays to know what's real and what's just religious propaganda that's designed to keep people in line. Especially when that propaganda ends up trapping innocent, yet ignorant, people.

You ATS folks rail against the "powers that be" and their oppression of people, and I agree with you on that. My concern is focused on freeing people that have passed over to what awaits all of us. The nasty powers that oppress on this side of the veil are pikers compared to the people who've set up their little "kingdoms" on that side of the veil, and have been providing "divine instruction" to "holy men" designed to program all of us and our children to create very specific expectations that can be manipulated and leveraged for thousands of years on this planet alone.

How many billions have been, and will be, successfully groomed for service to who-knows-what after this corporeal phase of human existence is as much of a mystery as what the agenda is for such an aggressive marketing effort. My own suspicion is that there are many Heavens and many Hells on that side of the veil, and where each of us ends up largely depends on who leads us off - each to his/her own eternity - as we each focus our vision on what's presented to us after death. And it's not as if our own personal expectations are a secret. Even the most strident atheist isn't immune to an overwhelming presentation as soon as the surviving consciousness emerges upon death, and that's no secret either.

Yeah, the afterlife doesn't have to be Heaven. Any one of us can be tossed into eternal torment for how we've lived our lives, and the same can be said about being granted salvation. It's all subjective and arbitrary, so we're each vulnerable to which "guide" gets to us first.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Its funny that you mention that because everytime I walk through a long hallway (they have some where I work), I find myself thinking what if at the end of the tunnel there is a sign that says "thats it!"

Although NDE survivors have seen tunnels so there may be some truth to it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
nope, when you die you die, thats it, game over. no afterlife, no hanging around as ghosts. it seems nice to think of death as a new beginning or a release of our spirit or whatever. but newsflash, ghosts arent real, the afterlife aint real and pretty much all NDE can be medically explained...

.... please dont cry and please dont give me the look as if i just told you the easter bunny aint real

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I can present only this.

In my mind, it is always better to live for a moment, and make the most of these experiences, then to live this life in wait for a better one. If we get a second, third, or eternal moment beyond here, great, I'll live it up all over again. If not, though, then I don't want to have missed out on my one chance to have lived.

~ Wandering Scribe

new topics

top topics

join