It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muse song 'Survival' chosen for 2012 Olympics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

We are very excited to announce that a Muse song, Survival, has been selected by the London Olympic committee to be the main official song for the London 2012 Olympic Games. Matt wrote the song with the Olympics in mind. It's about total conviction and pure determination to win. The song will be played throughout the Games including when athletes enter the stadium, in the lead up to the medal ceremony and also as the theme for all international TV coverage. The worldwide radio exclusive will be tonight on BBC Radio 1 around 19:30 and will be available to buy on iTunes and in the muse.mu store immediately afterwards. We are honoured that the Olympics have chosen our song to officially represent the London 2012 Olympic Games across the globe.

Source: muse.mu...

I don't really believe in 2012 Olympics conspiracies but did think it was interesting they chose a song with the title 'Survival' to be the main official song.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

hmmm...?

i want to see what everyone else says about this.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I tell you, things are pretty strange regarding this Olympics.

Large air line companies telling people NOT to fly...

Chinese Euro 2012 ad depicting London being destroyed by a nuclear explosion.

Then you have the 2012 film...Jackson Cusack holding the map of the london underground, what's a London tube map doing in an American caravan?

"Spooks: Code 9" and the nuclear explosion depicted in that...

Not to mention the Stadium itself is built on an ex-nuclear reactor...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Strange sequence of events...
edit on 27-6-2012 by ZeroRisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Keep in mind that just about any song title could be put in this context and be "spooky."

Whether it's Britney Spears' "Toxic" (they must plan to poison everyone!), The Beatles' "Yellow Submarine" (they're going to flood London!), or Slayer's "Angel of Death" (they're replacing the Olympic medical personnel with clones of Dr. Mengele!), someone would find some sort of connection to something.

I really wouldn't worry about it.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm surprised MUSE agreed to it, considering they are anti NWO.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CallYourBluff

I didn't know that about Muse. Always thought 'Time Is Running Out' seems to be about TPTB and their hold over us... Thanks!

So yeah, kind of weird that Muse agreed to this but the money and publicity probably helped.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Everything is so strange regarding the Olympics. I have a feeling that "they" are preparing another human sacrifice, just like 9/11.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Actually, this isn't a Muse song. It's radio head. I love Muse though.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

If you look into the band, their music and their albums a bit you'll notice a few recurring themes in them, a lot of those themes and subjects will be very familiar to everyone who frequents a site like this, they have albums on a variety of subjects that would come into the conspiracy category and it wouldn't surprise me if Matt Bellamy or some of the other band members were members or Lurkers on ATS or are at least "awake", they even have an album called Haarp and 1 called The Resistance with songs about uprisings, revolutions and even MK-Ultra.
edit on 3-7-2012 by WhoWhatWhy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCuriousKid

Actually, this isn't a Muse song. It's radio head. I love Muse though.

No, it really is a Muse song... or are you trolling?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoWhatWhy

Yea. They have interesting topics like space, broken politics, and Resistance. Can't wait till the new album comes out.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasmanaut

Many apologies bro. I looks up it on YouTube but it was a fake. The one I heard was definately Radiohead.I checked their website and realized it there. Kudos.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
PHEW!! Thank god It's only Muse.........If they'd chose Mr. Bungle to play "My ass is on fire", then you'd have to panic!

In all seriousness, seems to be a lot of talk about this event.......not sure what to think really.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Its all good :p I heard this the other day with a friend who is a very big muse fan... He was rather disapointed... It seems they are trying to 'out-Queen' Queen... I find it a little odd

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CallYourBluff

i didn't believe music acts were 'Allowed' not to be controlled by the Illuminati

*Note Above Sarcasm*

i've never listened to the Musical Sounds of Muse, but if it's within the 'Music' that is being displayed these prior years, it's probably rubbish as the rest

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
Everything is so strange regarding the Olympics. I have a feeling that "they" are preparing another human sacrifice, just like 9/11.

not to get off topic, but, you seriously believe that 9-11 was a Human Sacrifice?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tasmanaut
Its all good :p I heard this the other day with a friend who is a very big muse fan... He was rather disapointed... It seems they are trying to 'out-Queen' Queen... I find it a little odd

It is rubbish for them, I've been a long time fan but this is just embarrassing and continues the downward spiral that their music has taken in recent times. Even the fact this is for the olympics says a lot really.

So yeah, I don't know about you lot but I'm not going to take any revolutionary cues from someone who is sitting on a yacht with their moviestar wife drinking mojitos.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Generally I like Muse's music, but I really don't like this song too much. It's mainly the lyrics that bother me, not their best effort. Also, I find some of the lines rather odd for a song for the Olympics:

And I won't forgive
Vengeance is mine

Doesn't seem to be very much in the Olympic Spirit, does it?

edit on 7/5/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
"Whatever it takes
You won't pull ahead
I'll keep up the pace
And I reveal my strength
To the whole human race
Yes, I am prepared" - MUSE, Survival

Could get ANYMORE conspiratorial than this...

Reminds me of Banes dialogue from TDKR.. "When Gotham is ashes... then you have my permission to die. "

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Should've of went with Knights of Cydonia, now that would be entertaining.

As for the song, it seems par for the course of a slightly off kilter Olympic games.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join