It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coventry bar turns away funeral soldiers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

well all ego aside, you are more than welcome man. All I am saying is that you really need to care. When you do your customers act differently towards you. They open up and what's best, so can you with them. When people let their guard down they have a better time. I firmly believe what I said before.

You have to care. It makes everything better.

cheers!

edit on 30-6-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Possibly the difference is, that I have not worked in locals with like everyday regulars, more in bars, restaurants, chains etc. I'm more than happy to smile and be courteous and have banters with my customers in these contexts.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Some of the best times I have had in a pub or bar is by myself just yapping away to the bartenders and hot barmaids (Im sure you guys hire them according to cleavage size lol)..

Politeness and respect goes a long way.. It makes us come back and give you our money... Its not rocket science..

And I think its a tough job having to deal with pissed up assholes and their mountain out of molehill bull**** sometimes.. And its good to talk sometimes.. Its important.. Especially for guys.. Women have their mates, guys (used to) have our bartenders to moan at... A very important public service I think.. Who knows how many fights have been stopped, bad decisions been made, marriages saved because of advice from the local barman???

Kudos

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeyTookErJeobs
reply to post by Kram09

The bar owner has been refusing lots of different people for the last 20 years for no reason at all, this has tipped the people of Coventry's patience and they've had enough, Karma...

Oh so hang on a minute....the bartender has been refusing lots of different people for twenty years? I didn't know that.

So basically the soldiers wern't being singled out, it was in fact a policy he's been continuing for years against lots of different people!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeyTookErJeobs
reply to post by earthdude

When in any of this did i say that fighting in Afghanistan you are protecting the bar? I'm trying to get across that they should be treated with a bit more respect then some people on here are showing. You have to realize that there is a huge support in our great nation towards the armed forces, and of course you have freedom of speech, something that countless souls have given their lives to uphold, to disagree. But don't say soldiers are bad people, they have family and friends just like anyone else and they are some of the nicest people I know. If you want to blame anyone its the politicians that start all these wars, soldiers just do their jobs and they do them good. These people can survive anywhere on the planet with simple necessities, if there was a disaster and you lost power and had no food or water you wouldn't know what to do with yourself, just because apart of the job is firing a gun doesn't make them bad people, they are highly skilled people, and unfortunately war is apart of human nature, always has done, always will.

Also the wife of the Micheal has accepted the apology, but also said the damage has been done and will not stop until the business is closed, which is did today, this is being echoed by over 100,000 people...
edit on 29/6/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)

Soldiers stopped working for the people long ago. They are mercenaries for oil companies. They have endangered us all by killing over a million people, and thank Allah their relatives have not sought revenge. These stormtroopers have been duped into thinking they are doing good. They are the most gullible of our population. I want them off my streets and out of my bars regardless of how many of them served honorably before them. People tend to think they are out in the heat fighting a war, when in fact many of them are in air conditioned comfort playing video games. Yeah some guys go out and get killed by the resistance, but is serves them right for invading. They are mostly kids and they don't know that peace is the best part of human nature. Many nations have survived and not warred.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join