It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'UFO' at the bottom of the Baltic Sea 'cuts off electrical equipment when divers get within 200m

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonRain311
This may already have been presented, but isn't it incorrect to identify an object that is situated underwater as an unidentified flying object? Come on.

it is incorrect detailed data but the collective connection you and others have allows the augmentation of the understanding that its unidentified. I think if its a craft it would be USO underwater sea object if thats what it is and not a KNOWN gov. craft that was not suposed to be found because.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
UFO is just a poor nomenclature for a craft of unknown origin.. as well as something unidentified in the air. They really need further definition for such a thing. MUC or something.. (mysterious unknown craft) -

But the electronics turning off thing.. I find it difficult to believe. If it's true, then I would it completely amazing. I'm not sure I buy it though. If it's just something they drummed up to increase interest, then my support for this operation would vanish completely. I'm ok with them making mysterious comments about what it could possibly be, to increase interest. This is a profit making venture at the end of the day for them, I'm sure. If they start outright fabricating nonsense to get interest, they have sunk to new depths.. not in a good way.

So hoping it's true. If so, what an amazing find, whatever it is. If not, hope they go down in flames.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Come on, are you guys serious (asking about calling it a UFO if it's on the sea floor)? If an airplane crashes is it suddenly no longer appropriate to call it an "air" plane since its no longer flying through the air? :-) The people calling it a UFO are mostly of the camp that believe it could be a crashed UFO as evidenced by the skid trail (or, more precisely, what some are calling a skid trail), so unless it's a joke I'm not getting then what's with the uber-pedanticness? And if it is just a joke then (embarrassed) apologies for being so uptight (ie the board up my arse has a board up its arse somedays). :-)

As for the difference between UFO's and USO's, I personally don't think there is a difference, in that if we're talking about real ships capable of interstellar flight then a dip and/or extended research trip under the oceans of various planets and moons wouldn't seem to require any different craft as the technology would be fairly wide-ranging. Presumably. :-)

As for what I think this discovery is, I honestly have no idea. I tend to side with those who think our shadow government/Military Industrial Complex would be all over even the possibility of it being anything remotely alien or even extraordinarily natural and never let it just sit there. Given the supposed whistle blowers who claim to work crashed craft retrieval teams - even tho these are reportedly ones brought down by the MIC/SG - my guess is that IF any of this is even remotely true then such tech would be employed not only to help track crashed or "brought down" craft but surely some type of monitoring or scanning for stuff that has been there whether from previous events or perhaps from time immemorial. Too much of a risk of bits - if not most of the remains - falling into opponents hands? Wow, I need to stop frequenting ATS so much. Its making me think in ultra paranoid ways! LOL! :-)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Did they not say that this was a Giant Mushroom? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

This so reminds me of this clip from Airplane:

That more than anything would explain the equipment failures...

-saige-

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7up3345

Hmmmm, steak and onions

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7up3345

They only likened it as such, referring to the overall shape of it, and it being attached to a pillar in the middle - they did not say that they actually believed it to be one;

According to news released Friday by the OceanX treasure hunters who discovered the anomaly on June 19, 2011, "first they thought it was just stone or a rock cliff, but after further observations, the object appeared more as a huge mushroom, rising 10-13 feet from the seabed, with rounded sides and edges.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
O.o

They never said it was a giant mushroom. They said it was LIKE.. as in shape, of a giant mushroom.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Oh, O.K., Now my interest is back into this subject. I wondered why when listening to Hogland on C2C the other night, he never referenced the mushroom thing.

Well if electronic equipment is being knocked out, then the UFO possibility is still there.

But im thinking that this will end up as another Roswell Incident type scenario. What are the odds that these divers end up "dissapearing" or "committing suicide" over the next year or two

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If it is an electrical issue, they could use radiometers to detect the microwave transmissions which would normally be responsible for equipment malfunctions of an electrical source..

Problem I have with this, is that it is not verifiable by a third party organization(s)..

Until it is, this entire operation is suspect to motives....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality
I don't understand why people keep saying "where's the black helicopters", "the gov would be all over this and cover it up",...

Nobody who can (POSSIBLY) link this to disclosure? Let a team find a UFO/USO, of course let them take their time to get as much money as possible out of it, and then make a nice deal so it can be shown on MSM when it's all set up to be released.

I'm sure the governments have scientists and objective observers that have already taken a look at the evidence. If there was anything there, I think they would have acted. By not acting, they're jeopardizing the lives of people who might stumble on something dangerous to them. If they want to give the impression to the public that they care about national security and about the welfare of people then they'll assist the dive team and send a team to the site to investigate. This would give them more credibility and if it was there intent to disclose some of their data on UFOs or aliens then by doing this they would ensure that the public will trust them more because -they- did their jobs as expected. But if they suspect it's a pile of ice age rocks, they'll let events proceed normally.

The government is not supposed to know what it's and thus can't know how dangerous it's. So if they suspect it's artificial and might be a spaceship, they MUST act to maintain their credibility. It could just as well (though just as unlikely) be some reactor component that's illegally dumped?

But this is all conjecture. My opinion is it's some ice age rocks. The trail is where the rock was in the past. It could have been dragged by the growing or rebounding ice over thousands of years. But I'm not a scientist and I'm sure they could offer much more accurate ideas about it.

Keep in mind that all of this "evidence" is not clearly substantiated yet. This is a commercial operation going on in the baltic. Thus, everything they put out there should be suspect in my view.
edit on 28-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I don't believe any of this stuff they're saying now after claiming to have discovered a strange object down there LAST YEAR.
Got a feeling someone had already been there before as the Baltic exploration is happening now for the first time.
But remember James Cameron who went down to reach Mariana Trench in march of this year?
That's over 35000 ft below and this baltic sea finding is only about 300 ft below.
There's no mention of when or what year his National Geographic's "Underwater Exploration" mission actually started other than them mentioning it began as a secret mission.
It's all fishy to me cuz James Cameron made the bigger headline and this Baltic sea fizzled to a mushroom.
My point is "baltic finding" was late last year.
Cameron's exploration happened in march.
Now the baltic exploration after 6 months of prepared equipments fail as it gets near it?
I smell coverup and spinning the story to fizzle out completely.

edit on 28-6-2012 by chosonone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
No. Sorry, I should've clarified, a certain radio host mentioned the stairs but I don't know where he heard that from. The guy from Ocean X that is leading the expedition will be on Ground Zero radio show Friday night. I'm sure that'll be informative.

Hey, a second-rate CT radio show is where I head every time I make a ground-breaking scientific discovery!

The sad thing is, this won't be a warning flag for many.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

They really need further definition for such a thing. MUC or something

In this case, they could use the acronym BRP.

Big Rock Pile.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Hmmm.......

Maybe we were the galaxy far far away....?!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
For the sake of argument:

Could the electrical problems be caused by a man-made jamming device.

What if certain superpowers wanted no pictures etc of this thing to reach the media, but they can't stop teams diving in the area?

How about they let them dive, but make it impossible for them to get close enough to investigate and photograph.

Perhaps using something akin to an EMP device they could paralyse any vessels within 200m?

It's a better option for TPTB than to cordon off the area, which would make it even more apparent that something important is down there.

Just saying....

Multiple problems with the entire issue.

Let's knock a few of these conjectures off the table -

1) Ionizing radiation - anything that's going to affect an electronic device is going to kill the divers. You get scattering from the seawater too, so it won't stay in a nice tight beam.

2) Magnetic fields (meteorite, etc) - Static magnetic fields don't have a gross effect on electronics either. If you have a field in the hundreds of Teslas, you can get malfunctions due to Hall effect issues inside the chips, but at that point you'd know it, because the ship would be heeling over. It's actually worse that they say this happens at the surface, because in that case the field strength at 300 feet down would be monumental. Compasses would be pointing that way for a thousand miles around.

3) "Jamming devices"/EM transmissions - the seawater has a hellacious dissipation on any RF transmission, because it's conductive. That's why the Navy uses VLF and used to use ELF - the lower the frequency, the less the dB/meter loss. Still, even at ELF, it's substantial. If the thing were transmitting enough power at 100 meters down to stop devices on the ship, the water'd be boiling around the device.Lots of dead fish too.

4) How do they know? - they say it's "directly over the device", however, from doing dives for God and Country (not my primary thing, but I did enough) it's not that obvious when you're "directly over" something 100 meters down that's only a few meters across. Again - how directional is it supposed to be? It's amazing that they know their stuff failed "directly over the device". Usually it seems you know you're within a fairly close vicinity - maybe a few hundred meters, but man, these guys know their satellite radio quit when they were *directly over it*. Were they doing HF sonar at that time? Amazing! I wouldn't have thought they'd be doing constant imaging, and even GPS is rarely that accurate unless you're packing an exceptional unit. Maybe they were. But it seems odd. If it were a UFO, why would it end up on the ocean bottom *exactly aligned* to spew its mystery radiation up the local vertical?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

A viking ship thats round and the size of a 747?! Wow they sure had advanced building techniques back then..

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
How come the Sonar imaging shows one thing, and they say its a completely different shape? Im having trouble reconciling the two.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

If this was true, the military would be there first and nobody would be allowed anywhere near it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by McGinty
For the sake of argument:

Could the electrical problems be caused by a man-made jamming device.

What if certain superpowers wanted no pictures etc of this thing to reach the media, but they can't stop teams diving in the area?

How about they let them dive, but make it impossible for them to get close enough to investigate and photograph.

Perhaps using something akin to an EMP device they could paralyse any vessels within 200m?

It's a better option for TPTB than to cordon off the area, which would make it even more apparent that something important is down there.

Just saying....

Multiple problems with the entire issue.

Let's knock a few of these conjectures off the table -

1) Ionizing radiation - anything that's going to affect an electronic device is going to kill the divers. You get scattering from the seawater too, so it won't stay in a nice tight beam.

2) Magnetic fields (meteorite, etc) - Static magnetic fields don't have a gross effect on electronics either. If you have a field in the hundreds of Teslas, you can get malfunctions due to Hall effect issues inside the chips, but at that point you'd know it, because the ship would be heeling over. It's actually worse that they say this happens at the surface, because in that case the field strength at 300 feet down would be monumental. Compasses would be pointing that way for a thousand miles around.

3) "Jamming devices"/EM transmissions - the seawater has a hellacious dissipation on any RF transmission, because it's conductive. That's why the Navy uses VLF and used to use ELF - the lower the frequency, the less the dB/meter loss. Still, even at ELF, it's substantial. If the thing were transmitting enough power at 100 meters down to stop devices on the ship, the water'd be boiling around the device.Lots of dead fish too.

4) How do they know? - they say it's "directly over the device", however, from doing dives for God and Country (not my primary thing, but I did enough) it's not that obvious when you're "directly over" something 100 meters down that's only a few meters across. Again - how directional is it supposed to be? It's amazing that they know their stuff failed "directly over the device". Usually it seems you know you're within a fairly close vicinity - maybe a few hundred meters, but man, these guys know their satellite radio quit when they were *directly over it*. Were they doing HF sonar at that time? Amazing! I wouldn't have thought they'd be doing constant imaging, and even GPS is rarely that accurate unless you're packing an exceptional unit. Maybe they were. But it seems odd. If it were a UFO, why would it end up on the ocean bottom *exactly aligned* to spew its mystery radiation up the local vertical?

Thanks for putting us straight. Good to have someone with knowledge & experience on board.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join