It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singapore City Harvest Church Pastors & Leaders On Trial For $23 Million Fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Singapore City Harvest Church Pastors & Leaders On Trial For $23 Million Fraud

www.asiaone.com

This is the biggest case involving misconduct at a registered charity in Singapore.

Church funds amounting to at least $23 million were allegedly used to fund the secular music career of Kong's wife, pop singer Ho.

The case has been under investigation since 2010.

The others charged were: Tan Ye Peng, 39, vice-president of the church's management board; John Lam Leng Hung, 44, member of the management board; Chew Eng Han, in his 50s, the church's investment manager; and Sharon Tan Shao Yuen,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ibtimes.co.uk
www.nst.com.my
www.asiaone.com
www.abs-cbnnews.com

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It took about 2 years for Singapore government to wrap up the case. $23 million dollars of public money down the drain easily.

This is not the first time Singapore charities have been exposed with mega frauds / scandals - 2005 National Kidney Foundation, 2007 Ren Ci.

I do not understand when Singapore's unemployment and underemployment are rampant among locals. MY FRIEND AND HIS FRIEND ARE JOBLESS FOR YEARS. The mainstream media and help groups here are all disinfo sweet talkers. Yet, big money are wasted at high levels.

www.asiaone.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Video showing Ho Yeow Sun, pastor Kong Hee's wife, so-called doing God's work.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

UPDATE - $50.6m: Amount of funds misused

news.asiaone.com...

A SHOCKING revelation: The figure was more than twice the one given on Tuesday for the amount of funds allegedly misused by City Harvest Church leaders.

At yesterday's court hearing, deputy public prosecutor Christopher Ong read out a laundry list of misappropriated funds that added up to a staggering $50.6 million.

This dwarfs the $23 million reported after the five were arrested on Tuesday.

Now, it's been revealed $50.6 million misused!

edit on 6/27/2012 by wisdomnotemotion because: my comments

new topics

top topics

join