It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New site tells what you -- and everyone else -- is doing - Scary Stuff

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Lmao fools. I never update my facebook with over-personal statuses. And this google thing keeps asking me for my mobile number like I'm too stupid to remember a simple password. Nah, they ain't gettin' it, sorry.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

That's why, you don't post on the internet what your live involves and what you do. ..Chameleon..

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

Same here I get tired of seeing that page where it asks for my info.
edit on 28-6-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I've posted nothing on facebook that I don't want to be known anyway........that's why I have facebook, to connect with other people, spread my interests and get people interested in my art and music and to network.

So if I show up on this other page, well, that's more exposure.

Thanks !!!.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The "hangover" thread is huge.Lots of drinkers. I commited E-suicide 2 years ago when I learned of FB policys, also all the @holes from high school that were jerks to me tried to friend me. Amazing how the bully forgets his prey, but the prey never forgets his bullies.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
idc whose watching me. ima keep using facebook.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

It's funny that you posted the google thing. Google flagged my gmail account for "suspicious behavior" and needed a phone number to send a "private secure code" so I could reactivate my account.

At first I was like... hell no are you getting my phone number! This went on for weeks. Then my phone stopped working. Android phone. They changed the app store to google play. Since my google log in wasn't approved, all my apps stopped working. I only use the dumb apps on it, radar (weather) mostly.

I tried to reactivate it using the security questions. After jumping thru all the hoops proving I'm me I ended up back at the "enter phone number" screen.

What a bunch of crap. I ended up entering the phone number since they already have it anyway and I have nothing to hide.

10 minutes later my phone is buzzing like crazy.... they went in and checked all the apps that were installed and updated them all. The buzzing was each app getting updated.

Like I said, I have nothing to hide, update the apps. But it really makes you curious how much data mining is going on. If google can read the apps installed on my phone, it can surely read the texts, call history and your phone book.

There is no privacy anymore. If you think for a moment you have it, there will be an update on your phone requiring you to log into google. If you decline, you might as well go back to a home phone (which is also monitored by the way).

There is no way around it. Either you go back to the stone age or you accept it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This site shows only four columns and about 0.000000000001% of users.

Dead article I'd say

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I embarrassed to say I had a Facebook account for a few months. I joined after a twenty five year
class reunion at the behest of old friends...It was the silliest damn popularity contest I had engaged
myself in SINCE my high school...

It is really hard to cancel a Facebook account. It takes two weeks. I ended up cancelling an e-mail
account, and severing ties with other websites that "somehow" link themselves to their server.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I don't understand what people say about safeguarding your info. If you are on line you already lost that privacy.

Its like getting a drivers license or registering a car. The state will not issue you either if you aren't a citizen and don't have an address. Same with getting a job, applying for credit or loans. All of this requires certain ID and residence. Which is all based on social security number that is based on birth certificate. You are already linked across the board anyway. Any thing you say on the internet is just an extension of your already well documented digital self. And the Government and police apparatus have instant access to the real you whenever they want.

You don't want something known about you, don't put it on line.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

People do this with 'twitter' everyday.... its nothing new really.... i'm sure those people on 'twitter' and 'facebook' who post all their secret stuff won't even mind as its not a 'secret' anymore once they've posted it!!

edit on 28-6-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Facebook is what you make of it. If you post private info, then you're posting it to the world to read. Here's an example of one of my Facebook posts

I just Googled how to Rick Roll someone in Klingon......Dear God...I must be bored!

To be honest, I could really care less if TPTB know I Googled how to Rick Roll someone in Klingon!

If people are stupid to post how much they hate their boss, or that they are doing drugs....well....Then people like that are simply....well....kind of dumb.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hmmm. Fairly interesting website, I guess. However, if you weren't already aware that your boss is probably checking your facebook, you're probably too naive to understand this website in the first place. This really doesn't change anything. It's just more typical web-based comic relief, like the website that logs "hilarious" Craigslist posts.

Cheers?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Yeah, and i'm sure they don't monitor your activity here.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I love how yanked people get about Facebook. It's not "stupid". It's not "worthless". It's a website.

I use it to keep up with people all over the world that I ordinarily would have lost touch with. There's a great benefit to that.

I set my privacy to my desired level. I post only stuff that I want others to see.

Funny how signing up for Facebook suddenly gives the government access to your information, but signing up here apparently doesn't.

Every oneof you posting here has put your private information online. Get off your high-horse.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
If you were dumb enough to be on facebook you deserve to have your tawdry life displayed to the world.

Face book is for narcissists and bored housewives.

What, you couldn't keep in touch using that old-fashoined method called "email"?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
My wife and daughter have FB accounts, we just had new family portraits done yesterday. Guess where those pictures are now.
First thing my wife did after getting home, was post them to FB. I told her, "I don't really like my picture on there for the world to see". She thinks it's no big deal. I know she's just proud and wants to show our family off, but it just bugs me to no end that she shares aspects of my life I don't want shown. Now, I have to figure out a way to get her to take them down, without looking like a complete d***. I've figured out a way, but it would start WW3 around here.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Great site for employers who want to check up on their employees. Bad site for people who think Face Book is a great place to let off steam and let everyone know their business.

I would never recommend anyone to have a Face Book account. Especially young people who are just starting out looking for a job. It's just too easy for employers to just type in your name to get a feel of what kind of person you really are. A lot of employers are using Face Book to keep tabs on their employees.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
wow, that is a lot of hat right there.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

They are all just public Facebook entries anyway, the public could view them anyway.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join