It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New site tells what you -- and everyone else -- is doing - Scary Stuff

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

nothing new here
i've seen searth engines which prompt you in real time what people are saying, especially good when looking for non-main stream information in real time or trolling a nemesis

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
1. You can choose who sees your info and posts.
2. If you don't want something made public, DON'T PUT IT ON FACEBOOK.

Facebook is fine, pay attention to #2.

I agree to a point.
These points are common sense.
But it seems that todays public lacks it.
Maybe they should buy the book?
(I bet 90% of the public don't even know about Common Sense )

But:
Fakebook is not fine....it's a mine.
A treasure trove of information about everyone willing to give it up.
You don't sign up for those sites if you don't want everyone to find (out about) you.
Either you post all or even some information and it's all over the 'net.
If a person thinks it's "cool" to post all their information, more power to them.
Just expect things like this to pop up.

This is just like that girl that got fired for ranting about a tip online.

Seriously people!
How stupid do you have to be in order to think that your boss can't see what you say?
Especially if you use a public site like twatter or fakebook?

Quit wasting brain cells and use them.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
In the UK stuff posted on Facebook and other social media platforms has been used as evidence in court. I could rant all day about this topic although it doesn't surprise me in the slightest stuff like this happens.

Big brothers watching you.

Happens here as well and I bet it is the case in most countries. Yet another reason to stay away from facebook.
Even if you delete your account it will still be stored somewhere.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It serves people right.

This world is full of egotistical maniacs.

What makes you think I want to see pictures of your ugly kids or your drunk antics?

Really people if you act like an idiot and it comes back to bite you in the ass then too bad.

Nobody cares where you went on vacation either.......and yes your kid is ugly - sorry - somebody had to tell you.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

It serves people right.

This world is full of egotistical maniacs.

What makes you think I want to see pictures of your ugly kids or your drunk antics?

Really people if you act like an idiot and it comes back to bite you in the ass then too bad.

Nobody cares where you went on vacation either.......and yes your kid is ugly - sorry - somebody had to tell you.

I know someone who cares about when you leave for vacation.
The criminals here are known to now use social networking sites to see when there is no one home and they can also find out if you have any valuables based on the information you share.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

TLdr Social networking sites are bad and pepole now have the ability to track you werever you go and find out what you are doing it really is scary to think that they can do this

S&F

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't think it really matters becaues there IS no privacy- online or off.

Last summer I got REAL paranoid because there was one day a motorcycle and then several days a vehicle and then later a cable van that was parking outside my house - a lot.

I thought my normal paranoia was creeping into crazy paranoia but my son noticed it too.

MONTHS later I find I WAS being spied on from an old stalker I put a restraining order on YEARS ago that WAS working for the cable company.

There's no telling HO(W much that person figured out about me and my family during that time. She could have even taken pictures or recorded what time I came and went or anything.

ANd if you stay off facebook, they record your voice and can wiretap your phones. And if a criminal wants what's yours, they can just stake you out the old fashioned way too...and chances are a lot of people wouldn't noltice, or if they are rather paranoid/black hat thinker like me, they might try repeatedly to write it off as their mind playing tricks on them. Which obviously is not always the case.

I think maybe the best thing to do is put so much fake info out there that it's not worth it for most people to sift through.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I was reading that Facebook's planned farm outside US

www.redorbit.com...

to take note.

Social media is good, but has got impact on privacy. No arguing about that. I have no reasons to doubt facebook's new project will come effective in the near future, however, having the database farm outside the US has also legal issues affecting the aprox. 800 Million profiles. Privacy could be then under certain circumstances impacted. My advice is to study the new Facebook policies thereafter.

One could speculate, that other social media providers will follow facebook's practises.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Any discussion forum is a social networking site.

think about it.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Fair enough, but it all boils down to what people choose to share. I think sites like FB are much easier to break the chains because you have the illusion of privacy by selecting only your friends and who can see what, etc...

and on ATS, my photo is an illustration of a Ron Paul Buddha and I'm not checking into every location I'm at and posting photos of me doing it. I don't get on here and tell you where you can meet me for a beer. It doesn't include a GPS location on every post I make and much more.

I say sites like facebook are bad in my original post because the common user just doesn't think about these types of things. The kids today are growing up with this being the norm and don't have a clue how telling it is to someone who could be using it for malicious motives.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I use sites like this and Openbook when I really need to troll someone. I find the people they're talking about, and just let them know that, for instance, they hate their boss.
edit on 27-6-2012 by cetaphobic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
I use sites like this and Openbook when I really need to troll someone. I find the people they're talking about, and just let them know that, for instance, they hate their boss.
edit on 27-6-2012 by cetaphobic because: (no reason given)

Why would you "really need to troll someone"?

Don't you have better things to do with your time?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

"from": [
"name": "Bryan Stokes",
"id": "1744342527"
],
"message": "move zig, move zig, move zigggggggggg",

We know what you doing.
Take off every zig.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i just updated my privacy settings, thanks for the info. its pretty scary all the stuff thats out there and how people can find out stuff about you. even this site gives reason to be paranoid. i mean if any of us gets 15 minutes of fame or what have you, suddenly our posts and ideas, beliefs can be out there for all the world to see. if the government cracks down on our thoughts a lot of us would be screwed. its scary that our ideas and thoughts could one day be twisted and turned and used against us. almost makes me wish i never had any social network page or ever posted on any forum. yikes.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
LOL, well that will teach a lesson to all the crackbook addicts who can't go a single day without posting every detail of their daily lives.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I doubt any body cares.... They want everybody to see their stupid post.... Frankly I'm pretty damn tired of reading stupid sh**, i just look at pictures.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Why would you go on ATS, watch TV, enjoy sports or football or any other hobbies you may like? Why do you go to the gun range? Don't you have anything better to do with your time than something you find enjoyable and fun?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Although that webpage is for information from Facebook, the exact same thing could be use with information from twitter.

Example, here is a search for people who just tweeted I hate my boss.

Grab that info, stick it on a webpage.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
And this is why I do not have a facebook. I admit, I used to, but, I closed it down and there was a way to do it, that would, supposedly make it so they can't hold on to your data anymore, whether or not they still have it, is beyond me ( They probably do) but the major privacy issues were just way too ridiculous.

Vote Truth_2012 for ATS Regent

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

One has to know what to put or what not to put on their FB page. I try to post every new hidden Canadian laws and bills I can get my hands on and pass it on to my friends. If "THEY" are actualy watching then they know I'm watching too.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join