It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British female journalist, 22, describes horrific sexual assault in Egypt's Tahrir Sq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
British female journalist, 22, describes horrific sexual assault in Egypt's Tahrir Sq

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... 4rlUT

A British journalist was brutally sexually assaulted in Cairo's Tahrir Square as thousands of Egyptians gathered to celebrate the nation's presidential election results.

Natasha Smith, 22, has detailed how she was violently attacked by a 'group of animals' who stripped her naked, scratched and clenched her breasts and 'forced their fingers inside her'.

She only escaped by donning men's clothes and a burka and being whisked away to safety by two other men

She wrote: 'I began to think, 'maybe this is just it. Maybe this is how I go, how I die. I’ve had a good life. Whether I live or die, this will all be over soon.'

A friend eventually reached her and managed to guide her to a medical tent. Local women helped protect her as she put on the burka and clothes.

Thank god for those women.

This is the third assault that I know of, I don't know why these women go there.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Terrible that humans do this to another human BUT the lesson here is that Woman are NOT equal in certain societies and religions and so this has to be EXPECTED and therefore avoided until the world is a more peaceful and accomodating place.........

There is nothing more menacing than a crowd of angry young men who loses a grip on reality.......... if society was to break down then this sort of thing would be alot more common................!!

Just be careful and Avoid situations unless sufficient steps are taken with force.......... the fact that there have been two other attackes should have been enough to warn other female journo's away.......

PDUK

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Aha, so reason why their women wear burka is to not be sexualy assaulted, *facepalm*, cause there are 'animals' waiting in ambush. Huge difference in culture... so long civilization

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Women are not equal in any society, including western. The sooner we all realise this and force a change the better for all society.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Sadly, this is not surprising or out of the ordinary for Eqypt. And it will only get worse as it looks like a given sharia law will soon be in effect with the muslim brotherhood taking over.

Several years ago i took a Mediterranian cruise with my proud, blonde haired, blue eyed wife. Taking the advice of our tourist guide, she dressed conservatively by western standards. Long shorts, full blouse, not showing much skin. She did not cover her head fully.

Everywhere we went she was stared at. At first i put this off to there not being many blonde caucasians about. As we wandered about Cairo, things got worse. At one point she was spat at, and then a man came right up and attempted to grab her hips. I pushed him away, and another man close by who understood english explained to us that he said she had good "child bearing hips". My wife is not a child making machine, she is a woman. After this, we decided to head back to the hotel before going to the pyramids the next day. The trip back was just as eventful with more glares, yells and hostile gestures from assorted men.

Our brief stay in Morroco was no different.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

avoided until the world is a more peaceful and accomodating place.

I don't see that happening any time soon, do you?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Terrible that humans do this to another human BUT the lesson here is that Woman are NOT equal in certain societies and religions and so this has to be EXPECTED
This is what the daily mail would like to have said, but dare not.. It's total bs whoever says it though. Rape happens in every culture and society all around the world 'including the usa'..

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

Terrible that humans do this to another human BUT the lesson here is that Woman are NOT equal in certain societies and religions and so this has to be EXPECTED
This is what the daily mail would like to have said, but dare not.. It's total bs whoever says it though. Rape happens in every culture and society all around the world 'including the usa'..

Yea but not all cultures and or religions believe its ok to rape a woman if she doesnt cover her face AND then have laws that punish the woman (sometimes very severly) for being raped

edit on 27-6-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
Sadly, this is not surprising or out of the ordinary for Eqypt. And it will only get worse as it looks like a given sharia law will soon be in effect with the muslim brotherhood taking over.

Several years ago i took a Mediterranian cruise with my proud, blonde haired, blue eyed wife. Taking the advice of our tourist guide, she dressed conservatively by western standards. Long shorts, full blouse, not showing much skin. She did not cover her head fully.

Everywhere we went she was stared at. At first i put this off to there not being many blonde caucasians about. As we wandered about Cairo, things got worse. At one point she was spat at, and then a man came right up and attempted to grab her hips. I pushed him away, and another man close by who understood english explained to us that he said she had good "child bearing hips". My wife is not a child making machine, she is a woman. After this, we decided to head back to the hotel before going to the pyramids the next day. The trip back was just as eventful with more glares, yells and hostile gestures from assorted men.

Our brief stay in Morroco was no different.

I had a similar experience. Few years back was for a trip in Egypt with my ex girlfriend who like yours was a delightful blue eyed gorgeous blonde with a very provocative body. Poor thing, knowing where we were, dressed very conservatively and wanted also to wear an hijab to cover her head and hair and just leave the face out but I strongly opposed to that. Long story short, in the middle of the city while we were walking by, guys started staring at her like she was a piece of meat, throwing words and expressions that I couldn't understand the meaning but I could sense something lusty or sexual and one of them had the nerve to follow us and grab her from behind. Being a very tall an a fit guy, I beat the s*it out of the maniac and had to protect my self and my gf from three more men coming to his help. Ended up at a police station and paid a fine for public disturbance but at least the aggressors went home with some nice split lips and swollen eyes and faces. I'm not proud of having to resolve to violence but I've never gotten that mad in my life and totally lost it. I love history and archaeology and that was the main reason going to Egypt but I'm never going back there, neither in any muslim dominated country. It's sad how little respect they have for woman figure and they don't care even showing that in public with tourists. And now with the new muslim brotherhood taking power, is my guess things are going to get worst.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
the world needs more juggernog and double-tap soda

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

Not sure what that means but ok.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

i like how anything anti-arab or muslim in the media is always concentrated on

banging the war drums for war with iran are we?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by databomb

i like how anything anti-arab or muslim in the media is always concentrated on

banging the war drums for war with iran are we?

I am not pro war, no.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

Yes, yes it does

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
God this story makes me sick. I hope Karma finds these men, and delivers them a broomstick up the ass.

Rape is the most vile disgusting act in the entire world, in my view. I have a friend that spent 3 years in prison for assault and battery with a firearm. He pistol whipped a man half to death for raping his cousin. Backwards ass legal system.
edit on 27-6-2012 by becomingaware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Shocking. Who could have foreseen such a thing happening, in a public square, especially there?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think she sould consider herself lucky. Blond and blue eyed in that mess, things could have gone far worse than what she described. Not saying what happened to her was right. Just saying she was lucky to get away with her life and her mind. People are animals seperated only by conscience of their actions.Some people have no consceince some people are just animals. Careful were you tread freinds.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Here she talks in her own words on her blog

natashajsmith.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is terrible , sorry to hear . Men act like savage barbarians when in groups and in mob mentality . Sad part is other men don't seem to step in , because they are afraid of being mobbed .

Remember the Puerto Rican Day Parade ? where multiple women were sexually assaulted in public? ,
The point is we aren't civlized enough to handle being in a mob , and not falling under the mon mentality. That is just the west ,

The cave man mentality in the middle east , is even more reason not to let the savages be in mobs, and if there is mobs , stay clear , stay away . Reason and logic are out the window , when hormones , men , and knowing they can't be caught because there is so many people .

Sad to see stories like these , but even more sad that we don't seem to learn from them .

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Here she talks in her own words on her blog

natashajsmith.wordpress.com...

WOW, thanks for posting, I don't know what to say.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join