It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.O.B.: Temporary Survival or Self-Sufficiency?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

I have never heard of a sauna suit before but I immediately thought of sweat.

My rule is if I am going pack it then I want it to have multiple purposes.

For intance.
Big garbage bags.
You can fill it with leaves and sleep in it,you can collect and hold water with it and you can make a rain poncho with it.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
A BOB is just a short term stop gap measure and should be looked at as simply one layer in one's preparedness plan.

You can't take everything with you and a BOB should just provide enough for short term essentials. Water, Food, Shelter, Fire for about 3 to 4 days in a typical Disaster situation. In my area, its Tornadoes and Snow storms that pose the biggest threat. If you're in certain parts of Colorado at the moment you are looking to Bug Out because of horrible Wild Fires that are out of control. For others it's hurricanes and flooding.

Beyond that, you have chemical spills and the like that may prompt a Bug Out.

If you want to talk TEOTWAWKI situation...Anything goes... stay put as long as you can until you have to leave without ever looking back. But, that's a bit of a stretch... The biggest threat in any scenario may just come from an Overbloated Govt. on a power grab.

"28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI"
thesurvivalmom.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
With that long of a trip (the OP and some others), I hope you find a motorcycle to re-purpose....

Worst case scenario, something happens while I'm at work, and I have nearly 50 miles to get home...so I pack my BOB accordingly, for enough days to realistically make that trek on foot if I have to.

But I'd really want to not be on foot...especially since my truck is about the ideal SHTF vehicle.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I hope I run across a dirt bike or something comparable if I can not drive to my BOL. If the roads grid lock, I don't think my little Civic will do very well off road.

Maybe I'll put a lift kit on it and some tractor tires! Monster Rice Burner FTW!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join