It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Congratulates "Miami Heats"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Unfazed by a partisan spat sparked by his comment on former Red Sox player Kevin Youkilis, President Obama tonight again opined on a professional sports team, publicly praising the NBA champion Miami Heat at a campaign fundraiser in the city.

The only problem this time was that Obama mispronounced the name of the team – referring to it as the “Miami Heats” in an apparent slip of the tongue.

abcnews.go.com... s/

Really? Doesn't this guy play a little basketball himself? One might think he knew the team names.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Wow! Really?! Maybe you should stop nit-picking at every discrepancy he has. I'm sure you've been tongue tied before, right? I, myself, have done this exact same thing in the past, so it's not hard to believe that others can make the same mistake.

I don't know when you post this, but as I look at the comments(as of right now when I'm typing this, it's just me) no one has commented. It probably has to deal with it not being any kind of critical news and that this whole topic is a joke.

Lesson to be learned here: Grow up.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Wow really. If this were Bush someone would have jumped on it. I remember the press having a field day every time his Texas accent started talking. Or when Dan Quail I think it was spelled Potato with a "e" on the end which many of us learned to spell it that way growing up. So don't lecture me on nit picking. Go back and look. This guy is a public speaker and up until the last few weeks has been mesmerizing audiences with his speeches. And now all of a sudden he is making mistake after mistake? You dont think there might be more too it? c'mon. Who needs to grow up now? Dont get all butt hurt because your guy doesn't know a sports teams name. He gets paid to speak in public.
edit on 27-6-2012 by TheTardis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Oh this is sure to bring down his presidency! OMG! He mispronounced a basketball team's name? He might as well pack his stuff up now, there's no way he will be able to face the nation after such a disgrace!

Forget Fast and Furious, forget targeting American Civilians for execution overseas, this, THIS issue is going to bring him down. Because as we all know, Americans are super sticklers for proper English pronunciation and syntax. This unforgivable sin will haunt his days forever. May god have mercy on his soul!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

I'm an equal and fair person to everyone, regardless of race, gender, religion, etc. I don't look for a reason to get upset or find fault with someone. I haven't heard of those two incidents, and I really don't care about them either. In fact, I'm a Texas resident who was here before Bush was elected and then reelected, and still I didn't know of that "situation" regarding him, probably, again, because it was meaningless and only ass holes like yourself would look for fault on such trivial matters.

On another note, "my guy" is definitely not Obama. I would also like to say that this is YOUR thread that you created because YOU were "butthurt" about his mispronunciation.

I'm done with this petty argument. If you really are grown up, you won't try to continue this nonsense.

new topics

top topics

join