It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there someone tampering with U2U?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hi there, I recently receive a U2U from a friend and the content was blank. I sent him a message saying "I just received a blank message from you, was this intentional?"

My reply back was "No, it must have been erased!"

Also, new messages in my inbox will be marked as "read" and will turn gray if I let them stay unread for a few hours.

Could be these are just random bugs with the coding. Does anyone else experience U2U deletion and come home to find their unread messages marked as read?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GardenParty

The U2U being marked read is a known glitch. It comes up every so often as a "Is someone reading my U2Us????" thread. One cause is if it is sent to multiple recipients, when one reads it, they're all marked as read, IIRC. Nothing to see here, just a coding hiccup.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

What about the more important question of how did a U2U's content get erased in my inbox?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I haven't heard of that one before, but I was gone for a long time, so it may have come up and I wasn't here to see it. I only know that the "read" U2U has been going on since I joined.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Also, I believe that if the sender clicks back on to their sent message just to re-read it, before you read it, it will not be highlighted anymore.

As for the message being erased, probably a glitch or something.
edit on 27-6-2012 by will615 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The thing about this message is that it was a reply to one of my messages.

I am telling the truth in that the quoted material in the quote box was contained in the message, but the new message had been erased.

It was confirmed from sender that there most certainly was a message there originally.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I had a comment from a thread erased before. Nothing left and it wasnt a mispost it even got stars.. Then nothing... These things happen sometimes..

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
I had a comment from a thread erased before. Nothing left and it wasnt a mispost it even got stars.. Then nothing... These things happen sometimes..

Yup they do happen...on a conspiracy site....to people obsessed with conspiracies...

top topics

join