It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I solved the immigration problem...ok, maybe I didn't, but Rome sure as h*** did!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mathoryn
i think its freakin hilarious watching and hearing the racists get all riled up over this, especially the ones who have never contributed a damn thing.

What does a legitimate issue have to do with racism? This issue is about illegal’s and how this issue can been sanely dealt with.

That card has been maxed out and there is no more credit on it.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
You make it sound so simple! Why has no one decided this is the way before? Amazing idea.

Basically in practice now, in the U.S., by the way.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
You do realize that your whole Roman citizenship plan was one of the key factors of their demise right? That it in fact drove many of the "barbarians" living within Rome that were not citizens to rise up for their share of Roman privilege.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Heck Keli our own people are going to do that. And it wasn't their "Citizenship Plan" (essentially hostile takeovers and assimilation into the lower classes - Who wouldn't revolt?) that caused the decline but The fall of the Roman Empire came as the empire transitioned to Christianity. Some blame that.

There are also many other who believe in a conspiracy angle and harsh immigration laws are part of a larger and more suspicious agenda that includes Anglo-philia and Isolationism. (This book has been banned by some libraries & Amazon will pay $10 to get your copy! wtf?)
Tragedy and Hope - A History of the World in Our Time

The archetype of "Tragedy and Hope" is the work of Procopius, a courtier in the time of the Byzantine emperor Justinian, whose official history, the " De Aedificiis," celebrated the accomplishments of his monarch - but who supplemented it with a secret history, the "Anecdota," in which he spilled the dirt on the emperor and his wife Theodora. Much of the interest in Quigley's book centers around his dirt-spilling account of the machinations of international bankers and of the organizations they formed to exert influence behind-the-scenes on political and diplomatic activity, such as the Round Table, the Royal Institute of International Affairs and the Council on Foreign Relations.

And also...

..the old Eastern establishment...was "Anglophile." It is important to understand what this meant at the time... Then the sun never set on the British empire, and London was the world's financial center. New York was the American satellite of that sun, and exerted a degree of financial dominance over the rest of the United States... There was, in the great American heartland, a strong suspicion of this arrangement, (Anglophile) as expressed by such conservative figures as Sen. Robert Taft and Col. Robert R. McCormick of the Chicago Tribune. This view is... "isolationism."
Great to see the elite are keeping busy.

S&F OP -
A capital idea and of course we all know we should control our borders from criminal elements but let people who want to live and work here come and do so.
edit on 27-6-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
We used to have a drug problem in Holland, so we leaglise. Now there is no problem.

Ha! Don't even get me started. A whole 'nother thread my friend..

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
You make it sound so simple! Why has no one decided this is the way before? Amazing idea.

Thanks SunnyDee. You know, it's funny, I sat down at a party of Mexicans not more than a few days ago, most didn't speak English, clearly illegal. We sat around drinking a few beers, I talked with the wonderful children, and got assigned an emmisary...lol...that was fluent in English. We spoke about these issues and I laid this out for him, and he totally agreed, had no problem with it. No one wants to feel hunted, to hide who they are, it makes things worse. What you do is come up with policy that allows for honesty while still reaping the mutual benefit that all (rightfully) desire.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
You do realize that your whole Roman citizenship plan was one of the key factors of their demise right? That it in fact drove many of the "barbarians" living within Rome that were not citizens to rise up for their share of Roman privilege.

I don't agree with you on this. Rome corrupted from the inside, like a cancer, and exogenous forces rushed in to fill that gap. What you're describing is the extremity of inequality that we're facing today, and the same fears abound, the very same threats are made concrete, but this doesn't have to do with who is here now, but how who is here is operating.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBobb

Thanks SunnyDee. You know, it's funny, I sat down at a party of Mexicans not more than a few days ago, most didn't speak English, clearly illegal. We sat around drinking a few beers, I talked with the wonderful children, and got assigned an emmisary...lol...that was fluent in English. We spoke about these issues and I laid this out for him, and he totally agreed, had no problem with it. No one wants to feel hunted, to hide who they are, it makes things worse. What you do is come up with policy that allows for honesty while still reaping the mutual benefit that all (rightfully) desire.

I'm sorry Bob, but I was being sarcastic. I've had drinks with all kinds of people, and generally had awesome conversations, but that does not mean our happy conversations will solve a serious issue like immigration.

Right now there is no immigration law to speak of(not strictly enforced). Right now, people that come to the U.S. illegally are staying, working, and using our systems illegally and are putting huge strains on that system.

Immigration law needs to be created and enforced, plain and simple. I used to be like you, but as you get older you start to see the effects of live and let live....just too many people taking advantage.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBobb

I'm sorry Bob, but I was being sarcastic. I've had drinks with all kinds of people, and generally had awesome conversations, but that does not mean our happy conversations will solve a serious issue like immigration.

Right now there is no immigration law to speak of(not strictly enforced). Right now, people that come to the U.S. illegally are staying, working, and using our systems illegally and are putting huge strains on that system.

Immigration law needs to be created and enforced, plain and simple. I used to be like you, but as you get older you start to see the effects of live and let live....just too many people taking advantage.

Couldn't agree with you more, that's exactly what I'm saying. Stop the people from hiding and taking advantage of an overburdened system. Bring them into the light and allow them to operate legally. Then, they won't take advantage of the system because their place will be defined. I am older man, disabled vet, don't talk down to me.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

It had it's internal corruption yes and this did not help matters. But the fact is those on and around the border were living the Roman life without the benefits of being citizens. This was the primary cause for not only the internal revolts but also the numerous invasions. Separate but equal has not, does not and will not ever work for anyone but those that have. And this was not always the policy of the Empire one of the driving factors of the early empire's success was you were conquered you are now citizens with full rights and privileges.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Mexicans are actively stealing my job. And the corporations are actively encouraging it. Theyre not illegals either. Not even immigrants for that matter. Im a trucker and i bet you all heard about the nafta trucking crap. Truckers are supposed to cross that border and drop the trailer there and transfer the load. Of course theyre always dropped on the american side, and usually documentation has to be translated there as well, in some cases its even put on a completely different trailer.

So they want mexicans in mexican trucks to be able to come up here and do our work for us. And im talking about interstate loads, not international.

So yeah, great idea.

Infact why are the mexicans bailin outta mexico? i think the people of mexico need to stand up for themselves and overthrow their government. Every time they come to the usa for a better life they are hurting their brothers in mexico.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

I think you are on to something, but I think that will be the next iteration after the fall of this current world stage. I vote for decriminalizing a lot of things.

Drugs - make them all legal, if you are dumb enough to use them, then the gene pool doesn't need you. A tax windfall. Eliminate DEA and a big part of the FBI, reduces the prisons, and lessens the load on LEO.

Eliminate IRS - move to consumption taxes only

Citizenry is earned, instead of fill out a ton of forms and wait forever. Serve the country, provide valued service, etc.

But again - this is most likely the next evolution of population governance, either a hostile alien landing or global melt down will bring it about.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

i am not sure how to feel about your post.italys stance on the subject makes sense,i dont know how well it would work here in U.S.interesting idea,deserves some thought s&f

top topics

<< 1   >>

join