It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clerk fired for refusing to accept EBT for cigarettes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You mean the beast that Colorado is begging to help them put out the fires that are threatening to destroy a huge part of that state ? The beast that Florida is now asking for help with their floods ?

That beast ?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You mean the beast that Colorado is begging to help them put out the fires that are threatening to destroy a huge part of that state ? The beast that Florida is now asking for help with their floods ?

That beast ?

Yeah, I do.

In the end the only things that have ever helped after natural events are time and other natural events.

All the airplanes and firefighters in the world cant to a damn thing about a raging fire if nature doesnt let them.

Man and government sell up their role in the universe way too much and man, being weak and flawed, wants to buy into the lie and hitch their feeble stars to the government wagon so the myth of government ability perpetuates.

Let the rains fall and the fires burn. The result in the end will be the same with or without government intervention. Waters recede, the forest floors are fertilized and man rebuilds.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
EBT cards that ONLY have food stamps on them can ONLY be used to purchase FOOD.

Tobacco is not food.

But - if you want to smoke and you're broke (and ftr, I don't smoke) grow you some tobacco. It grows like weeds in most states and is just some work. Use it for insecticide in your garden as well, and put it on a bee sting if you get stung.

I hate people demonizing tobacco so. It's really a good plant. If it weren't for the bit of tobacco I grow, I'd not have half the garden I do because I can't afford bug spray.

At some point the cashier has to trust that the cash register software is right, and if it doesn't seem to be, report it - don't take it out on a customer because you have a grudge or a political opinion. Shoot, most cashiers are probably eligible for food stamps themselves.

It's not ok for everyone to be hating everyone because of envy and distrust. It's not ok.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
Since when can you buy anything but food with food stamps? EBT is a food stamp card. You're only supposed to buy food with it. And then only food you have to cook. You can't get fast food or hot deli meals with them.

At least that is how it is in NC and WV. I just assumed it was a federal regulation. It makes no sense to buy things that are not food with an EBT card.

Some people get a cash benefit as well on the card.They can easily take the cash out and buy other things with the money.While I don't agree with firing the woman,she denied a legit transaction.I can guarentee you if it had been her business she wouldn't have.
edit on 27-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
But... in Michigan, it actually is impossible to buy cigarettes with EBT. The EBT never worked for alcohol or cigarettes when I worked in CVS 3 years ago.

Even for the non-food stamp cash benefits. It would not let vices go through.
edit on 27-6-2012 by cetaphobic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

The EBT card actually has the cash assistance, food assistance, and child care assistance all on one card. You can use the child care assistance only for child care, food assistance part for buying food, but the cash can be used just like a debit card. Or, as most people do, they just take the cash out all at once the day it gets put on the card.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join