It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear War and Personal Responsibility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I am curious if those pushing for war after endless war will take the Responsibility on their shoulders and soul here and the here after if Nuclear War Breaks out?

It is not a discussion of will it break out, but rather, if it does, do you take that burden you helped pushed forward, where millions of people are against it?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Since I don't believe in a "hereafter", then I don't know if I care if mass murderers feel responsible for their crimes. Stopping them from committing crimes by not participating in it(don't sign up for military service), and instead, protesting their crimes, seems to me much more practical than imagining mass murderers eventually regretting what they've done.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
These people have absolutely no trouble sleeping at night right now, why would more war change that? To feel guilty and accept blame you have to have a conscience. If their conscience has not suffered thus far... naught will change in the future. JMHO on it though. Miracles do happen on occasion.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

I'm sorry truly but the 'collective WE' deserve just what we're about to get.

How long since you've stood up for something - going against the crowd, your peers, even your family? Can you remember? Or is it easier to just forget the countless instances when you swallowed back what you wanted to say and just went back to flipping the channel on the remote control?

How long since a group of you? ANY GROUP? Stood up for what you believe(d) in - taking a chance on being punished, censored, ridiculed?

How long since WE AS A NATION - ANY NATION - stood firm and said NO to TPTB?

Do I include myself in the above - all three? Yes.

Do I feel already defeated without trying? Yes.

Do I try in SMALL WAYS every single freakin day to make a difference? YES! But I do NOT congratulate myself for this because it's never ever enough.

So, sing along Amerika! 'With the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air...'...and then trail off into vague mumbling because even though we might remember the lyrics we've completely forgotten and forsworn the meaning and TRUTH behind them.

We deserve as a species to be wiped off the face of the earth at this point. I'm rooting for it honestly - and I'm also rooting for those few who will survive that will never ever forget what we could have been - and are not.

peace

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

top topics

join