It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please!! Stop these ads that cover up the front page topics!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I'm about to leave ATS. I'm tired of seeing huge ads that cover up the topics! I click on the ads to try and make them go away and they won't! I even try to let them play and then close them, but they won't. This is my favorite board but I'm seriously about to give it up because of the ads which cover topics up. I can deal with the others, just please stop covering up the threads!!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

Not sure what you are talking about? 0_o

I don't have these ads that you speak of?

vvv

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
For the past two days, mc donald ad covering up topics on front page. I can't click it away because it won't go. This is getting ridiculous. Please skeptic overlord, I'm happy to deal with any ad you throw my way, just stop with the ones that cover up threads. this is annoying and I'm going to leave ATS if it does not stop!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I used to get them on my android tablet, but adaway there I will use because the obnoxious way they do not go away and infact redirect you to another page. It's not like I can tell it not to either, so I use that on my mobile devices. "Hello, you are the 1 millionth winner, Click here to redeem your android prize!" which had no go away button. And clicking on it, on a slow cheap chinese android tablet, takes me to a "Close the damn browser I give up" page.

But still I don't get them on the desktop. If I'm not logged in I get inundated with annoying flash ads, but my bookmark bypasses the frontpage and links to the firehose.

I get the strip down the right hand side and a few on top but they don't jump at me and force my hand.

All I know is if I had a forum, the last thing I'd do is tell people that they must be a market for me to continue to use something I personally have interest in. Otherwise I'd just not have a forum.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I'm on a desktop. I am missing my old ATS and the fun it used to be to come here and check out the topics on the front page without hassle. One of my morning rituals is to get something to drink, a snack, and read. I even come here for the breaking news because the members are so good with getting news out.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

This is a problem with not just you, there have been a few people complaining about the ads that cover up the main page. I had them ages back, but haven't had one in six months or more.

Fortunately, relief for you is at hand. There is a thread here that allows you to bring any annoying or distasteful ads to the attention of SkepticOverlord to be dealt with, such as this.

In addition you can U2U Skeptic to have a look at it and see if it can be removed.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Read the T&C my friend, you aren't allowed to use adblockers for ATS and you certainly shouldn't post that you did, or suggest someone else does.

Trust me on that lol

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I have problems to with the ads, but a little different.

On my favorite page: New topics

I mostly have to wait 5 to infinite!! seconds to load the content because it seems to wanna load ads first, and they seem to get stuck a lot of times.
This is so annoying that taking measures of my own, or leaving all together is coming into mind more and more.

I do understand the need for ads, but it by overdoing it it will eventually cost more as it would gain.

Unless the site management is happy with only sheeps and numbers.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

The ad I had was some Fran Drescher new TV show, with that annoying voice. God forbid if I forgot to turn down the volume on my monitor and have that greet me first thing in the morning.

I'm wondering sometimes if it comes up as you reach a certain number of posts, and then goes away after another number, as mine was early in my ATS days. Nowadays it's all New Zealand holidays and e-trade stuff, but only banner ads, nothing over the screen.

top topics

join