It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Good Reasons To Believe in UFOs:(or what is going on @ National Geo?)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Anon72 - excellent post. Informative, thoughtful, balanced, thought provoking.

NG is probably just cashing in on a meme. It's a meme that may or may not be rooted in reality.

I don't think we can easily dismiss the reports of highly qualified and reputable researchers and reporters though.

Disclosure seems to be happening in drips and fits and starts, ably abetted by those I believe to be gvt plants.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foley03a4
I see UFOs in the sky on a regular weekly basis,They have became that common recently. Last year I saw maybe 1 every month,This year all I have to do is sit out on the porch for a half hour and will see one every night. The white and or orange orb of light floating across the sky. I've seen them appear and disappear out of thin air,They will be going one direction then suddenly stop and go in the direction they came from. They also often lower into the tree line. It's became so common that I don't get too excited when I seem them anymore,It's like 'Oh there they are again'... It's funny,I even see Fighter Jets from Camp Grayling pass right by these orbs,I wonder if the pilots see them and what they think about it.

You're seeing UFOs on a weekly basis? I find statements such as these pretty outstanding, given the absence of reliable or conclusive evidence on the whole phenomenon.

I'm more inclined to say that, given how often you claim to see UFOs, that you're simply misidentifying what you're seeing. I hope that you at least admit this possibility otherwise you fall right into the category of "seeing what you want to see", right along with kids playing make-believe.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I will be looking forward to this, regardless of the agenda behind it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

I have to say that the argument, for me, comes down to a question I ask a good bit..

What makes more sense.

Humans crawling as some fish from the sea and the growing to become a human?
or

Humans being created by God (Adam and Eve)-being guided by messages to one person, via a burning bush....?

Or

Humans being placed on earth or created on earth by intelligent beings from another world?

So who created them - who created our alien creators ?

Did another Alien race create them ?

Somewhere down the line there was no Alien race around to create another, since there had to be a first.

So that leaves us back at your first 2 options i'm afraid: Evolution or God....

Your logic doesn't eliminate the possibility of God, it just sidesteps it.

And if God is our creator, then where did God come from - if God was created by something (another God!) then who created that God...?

Ultimately we're left with Evolution - even God must evolve (have come from something)! I don't mean to blaspheme and offend anyone, so an alternative answer regarding the origin of God is most welcome.

edit on 28-6-2012 by McGinty because: cliarity

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

A proof for me is when I start interacting with them either via email or twitter, or even if I could pick up their TV or radio stations or call them on their cell phone but for them to just flash their flashlights randomly every now and then over some no man's land then I'm more likely to think that it's big brother playing hide and seek.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Yah, Bat Guano, Discoveup and or the other plethora of UFO "evidence" shows won't be suckering me in any more time too soon.

Every time one of these purported to sail away with something new, we just get handed a lot of old droll, shaky camera "pic-dots", and commercials selling me car insurance.

I'm with others on here who are tired of the same old Ancient Atlantis Triangles buried under secret government desert bases.

On the other hand, once I realized that and finally came here I was amazed at all the expert diggers who brought information and sites about old cases I remember when I was growing up. That fed my wondering mind more than anything I ever got from the media. I am totally grateful for that ATS.

The MSM flaunts tidbits, but there is no real meat there. This is the place for finding out the truth about something unknown. I want expert debunkers to chew it over and spit out the result whatever that may be. Blindly accepting something to get warm fuzzy they're heeere feelings is not what this site is about. Plenty of reports are not debunked here either.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Why do people still think crop circles prove anything?

We know most have been debunked, we know people have came forward but most importantly they are one of the most absurd ways for an alien race to communicate with us. You come 90 billion light years, fold dimensions, time travel or whatever and the best you can do is screw up a farmers field in the middle of nowhere.

Give me a break....I'm a believer but that scenario is just stupid beyond words.

Any race wishing to leave us a message we could understand could place it in a area or way that is impossible to recreate, mathematics would be shared language, not pics of Mandelbrots, the maths would need to give an answer not just show a maths formula graphically.

Why would you show a Mandelbrot anyway, we would believe any space faring people to be well beyond that phase of maths, showing it to us would basically say "we understand maths" which would be a given.

There's no point in those sorts of images..

Face it, crop circles are the production of over enthusiastic EARTH minds and hoaxers.

Real contact will not come from them..

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Believe in UFOs.......UFO does not stand for alien spaceships.....it is Unidentified Flying Object.....so we have to believe there are things we cannot identify in our skies.
This program will not allow us to know more about the enigma...will probably sensationalise it and if like other shows, just trivialise and ridicule believers.
We need Full Disclosure now!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

What is it then when pilots intercept a UFO, that displays signs of being independently an intelligently controlled, has its own radar signature, is metallic-looking, and appearing to have its own electromagnetic field?

Are the documented cases just hoaxes? Embellishments?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
You know, it seems that those in news or movies or whatever media, always portray 'us, the establishment', 'those trying to capture pictures or actual craft' as inept or unable to, or without the means to, intercept and identify these supposed ufo's. I could go on with a long tirade, but it's all been said before, pro and con.

But hay, were all loosing sight of the fact.....uh......... Dec. 21 2012..... after that it won't matter, ......lol.

Hows that saying go? ..... if you can't capture them with the truth, dazzel them with BS...... lol.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Mclaineinc, I just can't agree with you....... there are too many that have been authenticated and of such complexity, it couldn't have been simply Nigel and Sir Bob.....

"We know most have been debunked, we know people have came forward but most importantly they are one of the most absurd ways for an alien race to communicate with us. You come 90 billion light years, fold dimensions, time travel or whatever and the best you can do is screw up a farmers field in the middle of nowhere.

Give me a break....I'm a believer but that scenario is just stupid beyond words.

Any race wishing to leave us a message we could understand could place it in a area or way that is impossible to recreate, mathematics would be shared language, not pics of Mandelbrots, the maths would need to give an answer not just show a maths formula graphically."

That's a pretty 'blanket' statement.
Where better to place a message, somewhere that would be monitored for just such an event. What would constitute a 'Real' circle message...? Tagging the United Nations building in green and orange neon paint?It also seems that mathmatics would be the one shared 'mean' of all who space traveled. Plotting courses would not be too easy just thinking it to happen, there are trajectories to take into consideration, speeds, time frames and a likely plethora of mathmatical calculations to perform to reach a desired location distant in space.

edit on 28-6-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by denver22

Denver, go watch a movie called 'Fire in the sky' (Based on a true story).

Read the abduction reports from Dr. Karla Turner.

Then dig some more.

Then come back and we shall have a discussion.

Don't presume to say i have not seen the film you pathetic man

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

If these have been proven genuine then what did they impart to us?

Why stick them in a field in the middle of nowhere?

As for their complexity, were they proved they could NOT have been done by humans or just that the detail was precise and of such complexity that no one thought anyone could be that bothered to do them.

Like it or not there are some pretty clever people out there with quite a mischievous sense of humour that enjoy doing stuff like this. Unless these circles were proved beyond human ability then I'm afraid human they can be.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Originally posted by denver22
Advanced aircraft and natural phenmoena thats it guys..
When people saw stealth fighters etc they cried UFO
When they saw Any black projects and the lights around them its UFO..

Do i believe in sprites yes
blue jets yes , little green men no

Oh really how do you explain the Betty and Barney Hill abduction case?

You think they both were lying about it? Betty took that story to her grave, I couldn't see someone holding on to a lie for about 50 years...Not to mention the star map...

Betty and Barney Hill Abduction case.

-SAP-

Old history you act like your mate as if i have not studied it all
well i have pmsl.

I got a few things i shall take to my grave but does that mean i tell the truth..
It was slow and painfull dust to dust stuff,don't mean i will confess or not.

Betty and barney saw aliens so we should just take there word for it.
Hey most people have shall we take all there words for it.

Don't be so gullible son.
Show me your proof of your little green men or shut up driveling on
with wild claims of which you have no proof over .

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
reply to post by Plotus

If these have been proven genuine then what did they impart to us?

Why stick them in a field in the middle of nowhere?

As for their complexity, were they proved they could NOT have been done by humans or just that the detail was precise and of such complexity that no one thought anyone could be that bothered to do them.

Like it or not there are some pretty clever people out there with quite a mischievous sense of humour that enjoy doing stuff like this. Unless these circles were proved beyond human ability then I'm afraid human they can be.

I worked in englands countryside looking after pubs and mansions and farmland as security
caretaking for 20yrs and have met the hoaxers who make the crop circles..

I know who made the crop circle next to the signal tower i know them really well
Kinda makes me laugh because i wont say who and i will take it to the grave
I am not naming names on here . Every crop circle in england i know where who did
and why.. Cannot speak for america.But let me just add if aliens wanted to make contact
with us it isn't crop circles in which one has to have wings in order to see one overhead
lmfao.

I spoke to one the guys the other day about a certain crop circle and we laugh about it
You see crop circles make splendid trade in local villages especially in the west of
england .inns are full drank dry,shops sell out well,local farmers make a killing for it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

What i will say i once saw some people trying to look for the grand meaning of my employee crop circle
him and his freind made i sat there for hours drinking my scrumpy jack cider home brewed world famous
beverage, you had all these tree huggers trying to work out the grand meaning to the circle with
charts devices you name it they began chanting mother nature drivel and asked for i think they said

the star master it was to give them another sign..

These are facts i wont mention names but if you go to england go into salisbury wiltshire
then go further west past taunton and ask around there thats all i can say people.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
As for the charlatans i lived just up the road from david icke..
He talks aload of drivel but unlike the rest i think he actually believes what he is saying.

I did not like the way he looked at my sister and missed taking his head off his shoulders by inches
one day!..

Crop circles are a con to bring in the tourists.......

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pearlmoon
My father was an Air Force pilot who later worked at the pentagon. He told me that UFOs don't exist, but I always had trouble believing he really meant it. Maybe it is true that the military, maybe DARPA, has some really high-tech phenomenal aircraft/spacecraft that is secretly being tested and freaking us out. But, that might not mean that there aren't also aliens here as well.

edit on 28-6-2012 by pearlmoon because: none

Yes!! you are right the closest so far..

I live in portsmouth home to the navy) england
my house is 30feet from one of many naval bases with connections to america
Theres more secrets here than any on western soil..

I am not telling why where exactly or how...

What i will say is there is craft they have that you would not believe!!!.
you think your stealth fighters were controlled and tested in america..

wrong they were tested in portsmouth england
i cant say i just cant say sorry...

Portsmouth england is home to many a secret many...
they have underground tunnels running everywhere rooms you would not
believe black projects that look like ET SPACESHIPS SAUCERS.

I know for a fact that they are man made and when the time comes
if there is ever a war a proper one saucers will fill the sky you just wait.

Are they man made ...YES
Will i tell you how or why ...NO WAY

Should you believe me... I DONT CARE

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vespasian
Believe in UFOs.......UFO does not stand for alien spaceships.....it is Unidentified Flying Object.....so we have to believe there are things we cannot identify in our skies.
This program will not allow us to know more about the enigma...will probably sensationalise it and if like other shows, just trivialise and ridicule believers.
We need Full Disclosure now!

You are not going to get full disclosure regarding top secret air craft
untill there is a world war three .

They are not going to hand out the blue prints to you to satisfy your own curiosity
That wont happen ..

You got your disclosure with the stealth fighters, and youll get more soon
with another project. untill then people will start to assume greeen men

Maybe when a certain craft comes out in the public, people will not fall for the same thing
Again..

wishfull whistlin dixie sounds..

There is no aliens none.
Natural phenomena YES
intelligent suckers can follow you around like a fly, seen many around.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Well here's a stumper for the know it all's and debunkers..."why in the world,would all the top governments,scientists,know it all's etc",say that ,and i quote,"Without a doubt,ufo's are real,they are visiting this place,but we just don't know what they are or where they come from" unquote...only maybe 1 out of every 10000 scientists and know it all's does not beloieve in aliens,becuase they havent looked at the subject "period".
If they stopped mocking the subject,they would see it is a real phenomena,and it is going on all around us all the time,i myself have witness ufo's on three occasions,once being like bright orange balls of light that seemed too think,and one that seemed like a metallic craft a mile wide,i also have witnesses too corroberate this,and at least 70% of everyone i know has seen or thinks they have seen a ufo,
One ufo i seen,at first glance looked like any other satellite,a sort of star that seemed too move,most would assume this is a ufo,but this was no satellite,because after a while it joined with a group of others just like it and started zooming around space like fly's chasing each other round a lightbulb only faster,much faster.
Nuff said.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join