It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Good Reasons To Believe in UFOs:(or what is going on @ National Geo?)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

sounds awesome, i would research it now but its getting late and i should get some sleep

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

In the Hills case your theory holds weight because both were abducted. In the Walton case it doesn't because only one was abducted and the other five merely were in the car watching the incident unfold until they sped off in fear.

I prefer to trust humans when a group experience something, get hammered by authorities who believe they've murdered their best friend, only for him to be found naked in a town and totally traumatized. There is no evidence the other 5 co-workers were in any way tampered with.

Also, what is the purpose? Why would the government want to do this if it is the governments doing?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

OK, so Humans, or maybe an Ancient version of us, have these craft, abduct people to do tests on them and mutilate cattle because....

It makes no sense. If the government wanted to mutilate cattle they just buy the cattle and then do testing on them. If the government needs to test or cut people up they have dead bodies for that. What is the purpose please?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Have you ever been abducted do you think that aliens have implanted you?
Are you afraid of being tracked

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

like i said, im on the fence..

one side says aliens are doing this to learn more about us and life on earth, i find that plausable
others are saying it is government doing it to give weight to the alien stories because they know from past experiance that UFOs are a good scapegoat, also plausable.

neither one can be 100% proven or dissproven

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Dave a star to you fair enough speech..

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Hey question : i am a bit sober now so lets begin...Do you believe alien implants are real?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The mirror sounds like a 'psychomantium' of sorts.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

No, they aren't trying to learn anything about us. If it is aliens then the reports reveal they are feeding on us.

If it is government then please elaborate on why this course of action. Just give me any wild idea you have.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

No, never been abducted. We're tracked now by our government. It is called a mobile phone. Not afraid of that either.

Yes, absolutely.
edit on 28-6-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

ok, so theyr eating us, then why let people go?

and like i said the government know UFOs are a good scapegoat because theyv been using them to cover up the use of spyplanes since ww2. if they want people to keep beleiving in UFOs then they need to keep it in the media, so they keep making things more and more elaberate to keep up the hype

but like i keep saying both theories are possible so neither are provable

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Apparently this caused some stir or they are getting their news article inspiration right off of internet forums:

If you believe in UFOs, you may be in better company than you think.

Thirty-six percent of Americans, about 80 million people, believe UFOs exist, and a tenth believe they have spotted one, a new National Geographic poll shows.

Seventeen percent said they did not believe in UFOs, or Unidentified Flying Objects, and nearly half of those surveyed said they were unsure. Perhaps reflective of today's political climate, there appears to be near-universal skepticism of government — nearly four-fifths of respondents said they believe the government has concealed information about UFOs from the public.

The study, commissioned in anticipation of National Geographic Channel's "Chasing UFOs" series premiering Friday night, was not all serious, said Brad Dancer, National Geographic's senior vice president for audience and business development. Respondents were asked whether President Barack Obama or Republican challenger Mitt Romney would handle an alien invasion better (Obama won 65 percent in that contest) and which superhero they would call in to fight off the attack (the Hulk beat out Batman and Spider-Man).

"We were trying to have a little fun and see if pop culture references have had an impact on people's beliefs," Dancer said. "It's intended as a fun survey of public opinion."
abcnews.go.com

Yea okay... hilarious.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

actually, thats one of my pet hates, UFO = Unidentified Flying Object they definately exist, it could be a seagull, but if i dont know that its a seagul then it is technically a UFO. they meen to say Alien craft or something to that effect,

i was gunnna go to bed like an hour ago
stupid internet
edit on 28/6/2012 by DaveNorris because: added text

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Do you know what CNT is ?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Your guess is as good as mine but I can only theorize that in Waltons case it is because he caused them grief by catching them off-guard in their ship and having assaulted one of them they felt the need to torture him and leave him alive to live with that memory.

In the Hills case, Betty claims the 'leader' was somewhat nice, showed her a star chart from where they were from plus the regularly used 'trade lanes' between star systems and even wanted to give her a 'book' of alien symbols but the others within this craft disagreed so she couldn't have the book and the others didn't even want her to retain any memory of the incident but it seems the leader allowed her to retain some info.

Have you read Dr. Karla Turners reports? If not you should. They're....interesting.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Google tells me it is a Carbon nanotube, among other things. Not sure what it is though without some research.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Well The Halloysite nanotubes i mention are aluminosilicate nanotubes, rather than carbon nanotubes; there are many types of nanotubes besides carbon nanotubes.
Carbon nanotubes have generated all this excitement in the Materials Science research community because they have by far the best properties; CNTs have outstanding properties in several areas, such as electrical and thermal conductivity, potential for use as nanoelectronic components, and the highest strength and strength-to-mass ratio of any known class of materials.
The possibility of the carbon nanotubes observed in these objects being naturally ocurring cannot be completely ruled out .

I am talking about implants sorry thought you might know something about them.
they give the same Raman signature as small-diameter, single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNT) and bundle like SWCNT, as well.

If you dont know that much about implants i will not go into it sorry bout that.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

The CNTs in the implants appear to have been placed there deliberately, as part of a manufacturing process; their micro/nanostructures are to complex for them to be natural objects, and they have to have been devices, since they were emitting radio signals befor removal "So what is your thoughts on the isatopes ratio"

LightAssasin of the implants etc? implants is what i am talking about the phenomena of a foriegn body

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I want composition, elements, emitors,frequency, the various symptoms of the human body.
Cause and effect stimuli reprocussions various reflex motions.

Brought on by CNT implant's

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Whoa! When you get going on a topic you really get going!!!

OK, I'm going to need to study up on this, but you have peaked my interest and implants isn't something I have delved into in depth.

I only know of the reports of their basic functions and even then those reports are speculation.

Care to construct what you know in more detail? Even do a thread on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join