It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man still living inside 20 km Evacuation Zone tried to flee, but family turned him away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Man still living inside 20 km Evacuation Zone tried to flee,
but family turned him away thinking he was Radioactive

This is an extremely sad story .. i have quite trouble finding my words at the moment

This man risked everything to gather those samples
so people know how bad the situation is
and now his own familly have deny him until he dies

Sadly i think they did the correct thing for the children
someone with such amount of radiation in him
he will contaminate everything that is free from radiations
Naoto probably understand that his familly were right about this
and he took the hard decision to never see them again
maybe in a plastic bubble that his invisible .. but will they arrange such meeting ?
it will hurt more. ... its already difficult for everyone
but they will never be able to touch him again .. touch their father .. hugging him

What would you do in his place ?

[Designer Hilda] Hellström flew to Fukushima to gather soil from the rice farm of Naoto Matsumura, the last known person still living inside the evacuation zone. (In a heart-wrenching video, Matsumura admits he wanted to stick around to tend to his animals. We also find out that he tried to flee to his extended family’s house, but they turned him away because they thought he was radioactive.)Link

“You are a champion of radiation!” doctors tell man in evacuation zone — Tomioka contamination is “superior to Chernobyl” admits gov’t agency

This is the story of Naoto Matsumura, Tomioka City, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan–the last man standing in Fukushima’s Forbidden Zone. [...]

JAXA [equivalent of US's NASA] has analyzed some sample of land and food taken from the zone. “Around Tomioka, the levels of radioactivity in the soil are superior to Chernobyl,” he was told. Matsumura likes the mushrooms in the forest. However he knows that those he took in the forest are highly contaminated. Despite his weariness, Matsumura is conscious of the risks he is taking. However, his sense of humor has not left him; it may outlast the radioactivity.

“There are good sides to this tragedy. The telephone is free, and I do not need to pay my electricity bills. Life has become cheaper.”

At some point, Matsumura has accepted to take a whole body counter check of the situation inside his body (internal exposure). The doctors exclaimed: “You are a champion of radiation!” Matsumura does not wish to comment any further on this subject. When he speaks about his family, he speaks very freely: ”My father is 80 years old, my grandmother lived until she was hundred years old, so I had the hope to live at least until I get to my eighties. With the radioactivity, I think I will live until my sixties, at best”. [...]

Japan is hanging on a very small wire

Japan Diplomat: No one denies that a problem with Fukushima No. 4 fuel pool would be the end of Japan — “We cannot sleep peacefully” (VIDEO)

NYTimes: At least two walls of Fukushima No. 4 reactor are bulging and structure is tilting — “Latest findings could add to concerns”
edit on 6/27/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
It's a total sad situation over there. I remember a story that one school teacher stayed behind to help to show everyone the situation and another female who stayed to help the animals of the situation.
Watching the video with the animals involved and how they protected each other was just so heart breaking. The whole thing is just sad. And double worse when your family shuns you away.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
What is really sad is that the animals have to suffer the outcome and they have no means to protect themselves without the help of someone.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

This is heart breaking .. i love so much animals
poor them .. nobody can fight this invisible and deadly enemy
many people are not moving far away from the radiation .. hard to know without a fence
if an area is okay .. the radiation detector are expensive

its a small island and it will be soon all contaminated with radiation
everything living there now is becoming time bombs
the graves of the killed.. the ground around it will stay contaminated for hundred of yrs
this is worst then chernobyl and the 2 nukes combined
and there is nothing we can do about it once its spread further from Japan
radiations cannot just be washed away with a bath and soap

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I was going to mention Chernobyl or Atomic bomb on Hiroshima on the first post but decided to leave it out. Still the same thing in that situation as well. I can't see how a country can even condone doing that to another country. Just wrong and truly sad.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

How sad. Just incredibly awful. I never thought about the animals left behind. So alone and abandoned. I have to go now...........

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Play both videos at the same time. And you really get the true meaning of what the animals have to face in a man's world.. Unthinkable to be an animal in that situation.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Play both videos at the same time. And you really get the true meaning of what the animals have to face in a man's world.. Unthinkable to be an animal in that situation.

People dont realise how animal are suffering way more then human each day
all the killing factory and massive hunting and polution in the ocean
or all kind of toxic materials
and all the abuse they are suffering .. yes i know manhater
we live in a dark world

Thank God we are finaly near the 21 december

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
That is very sad.

I remember hearing about people shunning those who were contaminated by radiation during the bombings of WWII, there was a lot of hysteria regarding radiation.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The Japanese are very nation and family oriented. What they also see is not only the radiation, but a man chose to take care of animals instead of taking care of himself and his family, and that is a big no no in their culture.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Wtf? This man can live with me if he wants to. Why the hell would his family shun him?wtf

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Or... he could come and live with us.

top topics

join