It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candy detergent posions kids....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I have to shake my head with this and the newly posted vaccine candy [www.abovetopsecret.com...]. I have no clue how these kids were poisoned. Are you kidding me? Where are the minds of the producers of these products? Just stupid and dangerous. Like teaching kids it's okay to eat bath salts. LIKE WTF...

Image credit: health.yahoo.net...

Kids see this candy, then eat it, then you actually have the real detergent and kids mistaken it for the real candy. How idiotic are some people?

Just no words for this. It's insane and stupid.

Why would a parent even buy it for their children? even more stupider.

Rise in Kids Eating Laundry Detergent "Pods" That Look Like Candy
health.yahoo.net...
By Lisa Collier Cool
Jun 26, 2012

“(My daughter) was throwing up, she was crying, she had detergent all the way down her body. It was not good," Georgia mom Jessica Sutton told WSBTV. The little girl had found and bitten into a detergent pod that had fallen off a laundry shelf.

Sutton was one of dozens of parents who have called the Georgia Poison Control Center (GPCS) in recent months. “It's very scary cause they said it could cause the throat, tongue and lips to swell where they can't breathe,” the mom recalls. Fortunately, her daughter quickly recovered within hours, without requiring hospitalization.

The GPCS reports cases in which kids grew drowsy after vomiting and developed temporary fluid buildup in their lungs that impaired breathing.

edit on 27-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Last I heard, ALL candy was poison.

I partake in candy occasionally, mostly just before I drive somewhere.

If a kid wants to eat detergent, let Darwinism do it's job.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
What do you expect from the illuminati.

I have been a long time ATS reader. Just want you to know that I really enjoy your input. If your avatar is you it makes me very sad for you. It just makes me feel for you. God be with you, OP.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

Not everything is the Illuminati. lol

And yes, my avatar is a spitting image of me. To a tee. Just in cartoon form.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
You'd have to be a really dumb kid to continue eating this after first putting this in your mouth.

Soap has never tasted good.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

You know, at some point parents need to take the blame for some of this stuff. I purchased these and I love them because I don't have to drag a giant bottle of detergent down two flights of stairs just to do laundry. I will be fuming mad if they take these off the market just because some people who have young children don't know how to be careful with stuff.

She should have come to that conclusion that her child would see it as candy IN THE SUPERMARKET , not after the child ate it. Don't buy these things of you have small children who like to eat pretty things. It's that simple. Don't use it and then blame the company for making it so appetizing to your two year old. DON'T PURCHASE IT !

edit on 27-6-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Yes, I understand you.

But, why make candy look like detergent in the first place?

I'm confused.

Back in the days when I ate candy, it never looked like detergent or vaccine wear.

You don't think that's messed up?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Am I the only one whose parents made them put a bar of soap in their mouths when they cursed? Ahhh...memories!

Parents need to put household cleaners IN A SAFE PLACE if they have small children. Lots of the floor cleaners look like kool aid, and/fruit juice.

It is not up to Tide to make sure kids do not eat their products. What in the hades has happened to personal responsibility?? C'mon. Seriously. They are called child safety locks. If you have a child who is not old enough to know the difference between "looks yummy" and "is yummy", then it is up to you to keep it out of reach of your children. JMHO.
edit on 6/27/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Am I the only one whose parents made them put a bar of soap in their mouths when they cursed? Ahhh...memories!

Parents need to put household cleaners IN A SAFE PLACE if they have small children. Lots of the floor cleaners look like kool aid, and/fruit juice.

It is not up to Tide to make sure kids do not eat their products. What in the hades has happened to personal responsibility?? C'mon. Seriously. They are called child safety locks. If you have a child who is not old enough to know the difference between "looks yummy" and "is yummy", then it is up to you to keep it out of reach of your children. JMHO.
edit on 6/27/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

Ha, my step-mom passed way, but she did throw a bar a soap in mouth a time or two. It's a total nasty feeling. Still, producers shouldn't make an image that imitates the real thing. It's just wrong. and doesn't send a good message of the producer.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

It doesn't look like candy. I can remember when I was a child and I knew the difference between candy and not candy. Why ? Because my mother actually raised me.

top topics

join