It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantastic Image of Milky Way that took two years in the making

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The picture came up nice

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
wow very cool

makes you wonder how people can think there is some planet three times the size
of jupiter close to us that we cant see

guess its cloaked

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Does anyone have a bigger version of this or a similar picture for use as a desktop wallpaper? It's be much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This picture shows the beauty of the universe & Nature.
It also shows that the man must have been super patient.
Two years to take the perfect picture. What a beauty !

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb

Originally posted by BagBing
Two years in photoshop more like...

It's a composite of several shots (the reflections in the water don't match up with the sky)

Nice picture all the same.

EDIT - as an amateur photographer, I really do appreciate the amount of effort that goes into shots like these. Patience truly is a virtue for landscape photography.
edit on 27-6-2012 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

I was just about to say.

Could this picture have been completely digitally fabricated, and could we be being
conned here (again?)?

Well, this is a conspiracy site, isn't it?

I would imagine that it wouldn't be overly difficult to knock something like
this up pretty quickly with photoshop, no?

How could we tell if this was indeed the case? (reflection discrepancies maybe?).

I wouldn't put anything past anyone, anymore.

You guys make me laugh!
It appears everything you see and touch is photo-shopped, faked, fabricated...etc.
Is this your purpose in life to debunk the air you breath?
edit on 27-6-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I read this week that scientists now believe that 80% of the known universe is composed of "DARK" matter. If that's true, why do all the space photographs contain so much light and bright matter?

It's hard to believe that we could be the only "intelligent" life-form isn't it? Would GOD create such a varied universe without giving it an abundance of life? After all, making gasses and rocks is probably boring.

-cwm
edit on 27-6-2012 by carewemust because: typo correction

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This guy is a great astrophotographer. Check out his site:

www.lucperrot.fr... 5a908d4b1b

He has a lot of very nice prints. As an astrophotograper, this is not a really hard item to do "on its face". To get the resolution,focus,exposure,location, timing, equipment, and visibility....now that takes TIME! Especially in the remote places this dude is. He has a great mount, a nice ccd tracker, some software that follows a point in the sky, prolly a wide field apo on a GEM with some amazing gears, something nice refined tracking to get it that focused...like no walking near it... that smooth, and a full frame MK 5 with a 35 prime piggybacked.

I would love to be able to produce shots like that, but I have to work 5 damn days a week!!@#!#!@#

Nothing rigged here, retouched in PS from the RAW? Absolutely. Notice that there is no trailing from any Satellites? That's near impossible to pull from many locations for even a brief period exposure like 30 secs.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by skywalk
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

you cant look at the milky way because we are part of it, when will people understand this...

the only way we could look at the milky way is if we are right now still eating another galaxy that we had a tug of war with and we are still eating the smaller galaxy... and i doubt it is ...

so this isnt the milky way

This is the most retarded reasoning Ive ever heard.

So, when you are driving your car, can you see outside? Can you see the hood of your car? Canyou see trees that are a part of this earth?

Same situation with photographing the milky way....not too hard to comprehend.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Just goes to show you that the Southern Hemisphere has all the celestial fun.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
where can I get a high-res of this for my wallpaper

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Sorry pro. Looks shopped to me...

Love you babe.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This was taken from a back garden in Brighton, UK

This was from a back garden in Maine, USA

And again another from the UK, in a back garden

The images are tracked using something called an 'Astro-Trac' which track the night sky very well for wide-field DSLR imaging, great fun and easy to do, even most people can get up to 30-60secs without trailing, and would yield good results, give it a go! And of course, dark skies make all the difference!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
You can see the Dark Rift - this is called so because it looks like a rift, while it is dust that doesn't allow much light to enter, still, this word is acknowleged by NASA as a more common word used in public.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

It actually got renamed to Great Rift, as the name Dark Rift gives it an ominous feeling, its comprised of mollecular dust clouds which are estimated to have 1million solar masses......quite the feat!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by skywalk
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

you cant look at the milky way because we are part of it, when will people understand this...

the only way we could look at the milky way is if we are right now still eating another galaxy that we had a tug of war with and we are still eating the smaller galaxy... and i doubt it is ...

so this isnt the milky way

That's like saying you can't look at your body because you are part of it. The photo is only a part of the Milky Way, but the Milky Way it is. We don't see stars from any other galaxies.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne

Originally posted by OutonaLimb

Originally posted by BagBing
Two years in photoshop more like...

It's a composite of several shots (the reflections in the water don't match up with the sky)

Nice picture all the same.

EDIT - as an amateur photographer, I really do appreciate the amount of effort that goes into shots like these. Patience truly is a virtue for landscape photography.
edit on 27-6-2012 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

I was just about to say.

Could this picture have been completely digitally fabricated, and could we be being
conned here (again?)?

Well, this is a conspiracy site, isn't it?

I would imagine that it wouldn't be overly difficult to knock something like
this up pretty quickly with photoshop, no?

How could we tell if this was indeed the case? (reflection discrepancies maybe?).

I wouldn't put anything past anyone, anymore.

You guys make me laugh!
It appears everything you see and touch is photo-shopped, faked, fabricated...etc.
Is this your purpose in life to debunk the air you breath?
edit on 27-6-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

So how do you explain the reflection anomalies then?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1beerplease
it goes alright ay for a medium sized galaxy, which wouldn't be here if we weren't.

I like the inference ................... might have sailed over a lot of heads.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Nice picture, i could stare at it for ages. The bright section you can see is made up of millions of stars moving immensely fast around a super massive black hole..... this thing is what pulled our galaxy together and we wouldnt be here if it wasnt for it. Over the next year we should be able to see ever improving images of the event horizon of the black hole as more radar telescopes around the world come online.

Perhaps our universe is the inside of a black hole and there are an unlimited number of universes in space and time and we are but a fart in the cosmic wind. Its mind blowing scale

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Beautiful!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
www.dailymail.co.uk...

It took two years to get the perfect image from an Island close to Madagascar. God has blessed this universe with magnificent sights for us to behold.

My signature has a pretty cool photo of the Milky Way as well.

It sure is beautiful!

edit on 28-6-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join